All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I wonder if anyone ever made a tiny PCboard adapter to convert a uson to sop. I only seen uson to dip adapters and sop to dip ones.
  3. I updated the first post with Part 2. Soon, I will post the XB GPL source code for RND accompanied by a translation to ALC. ...lee
  4. I know there's no way to convert Game Gear Games to Master System without decoding in C, even today with like Level Editers
  5. The include joy is crap. I'm unterly disappointed it it. I also have the Atari VCS controller and can't get it to work at all. first thing I tried. Edit: I used the reset hole and was able to get the joy to work; but can't start breakout with it.
  6. It is pretty simple. The code does not clear the decimal and carry flag initially. Usually these are clear on real hardware, but not always. E.g. when you use flash carts or an emulator (in Stella you can disable randomizing the PS register in the developer settings). Then it checksums its code (also) using additions. With the decimal flag set, this results into a completely different result. Also a set carry flag will result into a wrong result. The game then jumps to a random address and sooner or later crashes.
  7. oh I love viewpoint! The music in that game is so JAMMIN'! idky but my favorite is actually the Genesis port. Something about all that sprite flicker pushing the hardware to the MAX, haha. Third level music is best and yeah, boss battles are tough!
  8. Well, after reading all of two sentences about the matter, I believe the guy skipped a very important step by not securing the intellectual property rights to Leisure Suit Larry prior to developing a derivative product based on it, made from scratch or otherwise. There could be other mitigating circumstances beyond your two sentences that may color my view, but I doubt by much. Why did he skip that step? I have no problem with this guy developing an unauthorized game for his own personal amusement. Or even uploading the .bin file -- for free -- for others to enjoy the fruits of his hard work via emulation. It's when he begins financially profiting from his unauthorized game that I object to. If he lives in a country where U.S. copyright laws cannot be enforced, that still does not matter very much to me. By neglecting to secure the IP rights to the original game CONCEPT and to its CHARACTERS, and then selling his game based on it, he has crossed a serious ethical line. He has made the conscious decision to profit from IP theft. This is just flat out wrong. Theft should never be rewarded, regardless of whether you live in a country where IP theft is legally enforceable or not. And if this guy finds himself getting sued by Sierra Entertainment (or whoever the legal copyright holders of LSL may now be), I gotta say he has it coming to him. Intellectual property rights theft may not matter much to you, but it does to me. If this guy intends to sell his game for any amount greater than the cost of materials to manufacture it, I surely won't be one of his customers. I cannot condone software piracy (which this is clearly not), nor can I condone or support unethical profiteering (which this clearly is). As a member of the human race, I feel an obligation to be better than that. If I sound a little "preachy," may I remind you that you did ask me how I felt about projects such as this. Oh, and I think Infocom created a similar game in The Leather Goddesses of Phobos, except they did it much better. I love that game! -Ben
  9. 54000 A bit better. Thanks for the info playvectrex.
  10. @JasonACT, I figure if I can't fit them on, I can always use the bigger memory, no foul.
  11. @RickyDean I hope they work OK The '245 chips seem to be mislabelled though, "LVS" should be "LVC".
  12. [SOLUTION] I found a bug I was unable to duplicate, because I had a setting in my start_local_sd.sh file that no one else is likely to have. Two methods to resolve for now (choose one, or even both): Search and find any game entries set to game type "18" (there will be 3 from CV quick start) and change them to anything acceptable such as "2" and the 3 CV games will then work fine from the GUI. or Replace the \data\start_local_sd.sh file with the attached file The start_local_sd.sh will normally just reject any game type that is not getting trapped, and as a result, the start script exits without executing the runme script. The attached file will trap type "18". The options above provide a quick resolution for now, but I will change the Quick Start deployment for CV games to use a game type that is trapped by default. start_local_sd.sh
  13. Today
  14. I've been tinkering with @JasonACT's toy. I am adding two uson pads (circled) for APS6404L-3SQR-ZR uson memory ic's as I accidently bought 10 of these on my first try of ordering the BOM for this device instead of APS6404L-3SQR-SN sop. It was a time trying to figure out where to put the first one that corresponds to U2, the one in U7's footprint was much easier. I hope these don't violate design rules to much and are producable. And as @JasonACT states below the 74LVS245 is 74LVC245 now on my drawing. This is just for me to use up my stock of uson memory.
  15. Hello everyone, my name is John Peter, I'm an Atari game programmer, I started in this market last year, I still need to learn and perfect my games. I created an RPG game, in fact it is a saga of four games, each one will have a different theme and gameplay, the character's appearance will also change, there will be puzzles to "increase" the difficulty. I will be providing a link to download the game's ROM and the manual I created, with the manual you won't be lost, having tips to get through a puzzle. https://www.mediafire.com/file/ymb9cnl73zv967f/Quest%21_Fire_%28NTSC%29.bin/file https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ns3iecsk3yszo/Manual+(EUA)
  16. That is font 11 in XB 2.9 G.E.M. Font 3 is a similar bold font that I like better. The capital letters are 6 pixels wide, so unfortunately this would not work on a TI99 in 40 column text mode.
  17. Hi! You can use the -l option to the command line compiler to convert your program to a fully ASCII form: fastbasic -l myprog.bas This will convert all control characters to hexadecimal syntax, indent and reformat your code. Newer versions (on github) also can specify the output file name, and if you want an extended or minimized listing. Have Fun!
  18. Maybe a good idea to just update the 512K of flashram on the PlusCart with the classic game library and new downloads periodically. This can also help when there is a local trunk out or other service problem. Is it possible to construct a cable to update the flashram?
  19. Playing the best baseball game on Neo-Geo CD….
  20. Yes Buy, Sell, Trade... not Wanted...
  21. The more I think about it, Sunsoft, SNK, and DC Comics should have negotiated to create Neo Geo ports of the former's two Batman games. Then again, there was the Atari Games/Tengen Batman and what Acclaim and Iguana did with Batman Forever: The Arcade Game. (Neo Batman would have been awesome to have.)
  22. Don't you just hate it when someone makes a post about an arcade game that wasn't released for the ColecoVision, and you think someone's making a port of it to the ColecoVision, except the post is "Wow, don't you wish this game was on the ColecoVision?" This is kind of like one of those posts. Except Alley Cat isn't an arcade game, and I've actually done my homework. Using Tursi's image conversion tool, I've made a couple of ColecoVision ROMs to illustrate what Alley Cat could look like if someone ported it. What I'm learning from this experience is that porting games to the ColecoVision means a lot of compromise, and tailoring specifically for the console. The apartment that works as a hub in Alley Cat looks completely different from the IBM PC Jr. and Atari computer versions, and I don't think there's realistically any way around that. It gives the game (or the prospective game) a different feel from those versions, for better or worse. It's all a little... loud. (I considered putting shadows behind the garbage cans to hide the black parts on their bottoms, but I worried that it would camouflage the cat.) I've also included images for those of you who don't want to spend the time starting a ColecoVision emulator. There's very little difference. alley cat cv.rom alley cat cheese.rom
  23. Aliens colors: Grayscale src /na Atari8man_Aliens.xex
  24. Hi everyone! A while back I made very hires scans of my pride and joy - the boxed & complete Sega CDX I have. The box is a little beat up, but nothing photo editing software cant smooth out. Since cool folks like consoleboxes uk are making awesome repro stuff, I thought now as a good time to upload the scans. I put them on Sega Retro because that site rules, and Ive gotten so many scans from them over the years I also uploaded a better hires scan of the Panorama Cotton manual, courtesy of some ultra-kind soul on the Sega-16 forums who I sadly cannot recall the username. If those forums go back up later I will give them their due credit! If someone makes a great quality reproduction of these scans, please let me know because I'd actually like to buy them too! https://segaretro.org/Special:Contributions/Segasonicfan Attached here is the Panorama Cotton manual since it was small enough to upload Enjoy! Panorama Cotton Manual Scan 03.pdf
  1. Load more activity