All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's what I love about this forum. I'll never forget how generous @Wrathchild was with his time and knowledge in helping us figure out how to program for the 5200. I'm certainly happy to pay forward what knowledge I have if anybody has any specific questions.
  3. A patch application such as what @fluxit used when he first created the runme patch I believe could potentially be used to replace one or more image files to establish an additional firmware mod on top of 1.30c, but at least for myself, I'd have to invest a lot more time becoming familiar with those types of processes & related tools to be comfortable with it and understand potential issues, size requirements, limitations, etc. Of course there are games built-in that already target those sections for those existing categories, and some people would certainly want to keep everything still that comes with the system, so even if we did establish some kind of change just for display purposes, I'm not sure how many people would want to use that. Ideally, there would be a way to keep existing games and still be able to modify things to allow for additional categories by some means.
  4. In the process of getting down my newest interview with HSW,I'm reading his recently published book about Atari. Also getting ready for a rebroadcast of my show tonight! Been collecting alot of cool aitgraphs too lately. If you notice my cover photo in my profile,it's actually one of my  Kurt Cobain signed cards 💥❤️

5. Update: I sent some emails to help verify my account. I got a reply that this worked and now waiting for 24 hour review!
  6. I asked him about this yesterday lol,and he actually texted me back quick. Here's his response... Omg,a real sequel to Yar's!? Oh hell yes. Can't wait to interview him again very soon!
  7. I have just uploaded a new beta firmware (v2.3.21). This version should fix the loading of file lists greater than 2 pages. @MarcoJ, @ZackAttack @Prizrak and all other beta testers. If you have extra files and folders apart from the "My ROMs" folder in your root directory, then the firmware update will most likely fail. You will have to move the files to your "My ROMs" folder or disconnect (toggle status to not confirmed) your PlusCart from your PlusStore account temporarily for the update to work. https://plusstore.firmaplus.de/index.php/apps/pluscart/
  8. Notes of that nature lead to more software being made, as programmers know what to expect or look to do. I was not all that long ago a nice fellow started posting what they were doing with a few demo screens of pictures and animations as well as 80 column color text displays etc. It would seem others have done the same since and it's helping. It's also good to see what hardware issues have arisen with fixes and workaround methods being employed. All very helpful.
  9. Please update your FujiNet Firmware and you will find a much better experience all around now, as it boots faster and is more reliable with v 1.3.0
  10. Got three more games today. Time to slow it down some again.
  11. Never mind it was my PC. I installed A7800 on my other PC and it works great! Thank You! I could tell as soon as selected standard console the scrolling bars were scrolling much smoother! The only issue I’m having now is my gaming skills Lol! I don’t know if you can help with that😆 Very nice emulator! It shows a lot of effort was put it to this! Thanks again!
  12. I can say without hesitation that a TCP/IP-enabled TNFS server in combination with a suitably-updated Fujinet is a very nice combination.
  13. Thanks. I think this game is a little beyond my ability to program, honestly. Whack a mole is one thing, but Alley Cat is a great deal more complex, with a hub and at least five action stages. However, I wouldn't object to doing artwork for someone else, should they want to tackle the game.
  14. Great! I'll try dumping the rom using this tool once I fix the floppy drive.
  15. Well, I got everything in to build my APEDSK99 unit up, except for the 64k ram chip, but at least I going to solder everything together and I should be able to program the UNO and setup the sdcard at least and do the modding needed on the Shield part, as I wait for someday the ram chip to come from china which might be in a month or so from now. But the soldering on Shield is crap, some leftover flux, and one of header pins got bent as it was NOT packaged well at all, just in a thin bubble wrap no foam or box. @RickyDean and @JJB let me know any tips or suggestions before I start assembling this beast.
  16. I can't be able still to win the second track very nice Rasmus! Incredible result
  17. What are the metrics? There are a lot of software tricks that can be done if you balance your resource. Look at some of the things that Traveler's Tales did on the MegaDrive and Saturn.
  18. Today
  19. I probably put in about 80 hours. I had a few learning curves to overcome including VBXE programming, trackball programming, figuring out the missile command graphics (not straight forward at all), fixing many issues related to color system used in original hardware, etc. None of them were monumental to overcome but add them together and even what looks like a pretty simple port can take lots of time. An example of the graphics issues were lots of remnants left on the screen after explosions and cursor movements. The original hardware only uses two bits for color in the top of the screen but many times the original program set all three color bits. This didn't cause issues in the original hardware, but it was a pain too figure it out on this port. I ended up changing a lot of color 7 draws to color 6, but getting to that solution wasn't straightforward!
  20. Could have also installed a FRAM upgrade and not need the battery in there ever again...
  21. Astounding! Depending on how much free time the GPU has, you could watch the scanline register and change the sprite mode for the bottom half, if that helps memory at all.
  22. On another note I keep replying to the wrong threads on my phone. Something funny is going on with the JavaScript on this site.
  23. The condition really is the X-factor in this. If this had a minty label it could go for twice what I believe it to be worth. It is a very rare piece though.
  1. Load more activity