All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I rummaged around in the xc3sprog code last night a bit. It looks like the prog_freq is set via -J for all cable types, but I couldn't see evidence that the sysfs gpio creator used the value. ( I was looking at : https://github.com/matrix-io/xc3sprog ) It has been years now, but I feel like the wires I used from the PI were about 20cm long. The fact that you cannot read consistently speaks to that. I know you've tested for continuity, but I have experienced a failure there that passes continuity checking, as the act of probing the CPLD pin would cause contact with the board. If you don't have a microscope, you can probably take a closeup with a modern phone and then zoom in to observe if contact is solid and clean. For this reason, I usually clean off the no-clean flux, so it is easier to see the solder joints.
  3. [ Intellivision HSC Season 19 ] [ Game 15 ] Motocross Motocross by Mattel 1982 Speeding up the long straights, blasting through tight S turns, or hurling across wild jumps, you're meant to eat dirt and claim victory! ROM Download Link https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Click on zip)(Then scroll down for) Motocross.zip Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Motocross http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm High Score Club Records (81 secs for Course 1), (84 secs for Course 2), (55 secs for Course 3) +2 BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR EACH RECORD SET ON ANY OF THE COURSES PLAYED; +1 FOR EACH FOR ANY RECORD TIES. Game Settings PRESS BUTTON 1 FOR COURSE 1 (PLAY 1 PLAYER GAME AND 1 LAP) CHOICE OF STEERING IS UP TO THE PLAYER PRESS BUTTON 2 FOR COURSE 2 (PLAY 1 PLAYER GAME AND 1 LAP) CHOICE OF STEERING IS UP TO THE PLAYER INCENTIVE GAME QUALIFICATION - IF YOUR TIME ON EITHER COURSE (1 OR 2) IS 90 SECONDS OR LOWER YOU WILL OPEN UP A 3RD COURSE FOR EXTRA COMPETITION PRESS BUTTON 3 FOR COURSE 3 (PLAY 1 PLAYER GAME AND 1 LAP) CHOICE OF STEERING IS UP TO THE PLAYER Game Scoring (Each race is scored at +7 pts, down to +1 pt for participation), +1 game winner incentives for each race won. +7 1st place +6 2nd +5 3rd +4 4th +3 5th +2 6th 7th or lower, +1 participation point Contest Ends SUNDAY MAY 26TH 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME (BEST TIMES) Course 1 Course 2 Bonus Course 3 Overall Rankings (POINTS) After Vectron / Congo Bongo Games Won Sneak Preview: Super Pro Decathlon - Season 19 FINALE
  4. I was looking for some 3D printables and I searched "Neo Geo" as a curiosity on this website and I found this: https://www.printables.com/model/817374-neo-geo-mvs-frontloading-consolizer-wip It's more or less what I suggested a long time ago, a consolizer kit that just covers top of a front loader board and either leaves the JAMMA exposed or has the controller ports, the only problem with this is that it uses the OpenMVS kit and I couldn't find anyone selling just the PCBs for it. Depending on the USB adapter that's inside it there could be input lag on the controllers, another option for that would be a Blue Retro adapter, it allows the use of any Bluetooth device.
  5. There's some Megaten stuff from back then with great music. Explorer from Megaten II is a good listen. If you want something more obscure, Link Dragon for Mega Drive has some good tracks as well
  6. Are you going to some massive Sheep it Up! scores? Let's see if your skills are premier, or "Premiere".
  7. Short answer: It's the same, except I added a couple of wait commands, to slow down the game. The "Best" column shows the previous best, so you can compare your current time vs previous best time. It should therefore update at the end of your second game (use "1" at start for "standard" play). Longer answer... First of all, there's two sets of "best" scores... one for the "standard" play, and one for any other version. I'm pretty sure this is how I set it up. For "official" high score purposes, you should always/only select "standard" play by pressing one. At the end of your first game, your time will be shown down in the "Time" column, and the PREVIOUS best times will be in the "Best" column. The Best column will show 500 at this point, as starting/default best score. Assuming you beat the best time of 500 for the course, all your scores will be in green, showing that you beat the record for that course. If you continue playing in the same mode, for instance by pressing one at the start (again), then after the second game, you'll once again see your current game times in the time column, and the previous best times in the best column. If you've beaten any of the records, your time will be in green (best shows the previous best, so you can compare your current vs previous). I'm only showing one decimal place, so the score might show green or white in case of what appears to be a tie (but isn't). See course 5 in the pic above, vs course 1 and 2. Finally, though, if you press reset or power off/on, the best times will be reset.
  8. Going live in about 45mins to show everyone how!
  9. For closure: this one turned out to be a bad 74LS138. After the 800XL motherboard arrived here, I spent twenty minutes or so swapping ICs, testing a cart, running SysCheck, etc, before cracking the schematic out and - since I'd already swapped out the MMU and found that not to be faulty - thinking 'what else could cause a ROM problem?' The answer appeared to be 74LS138, so I put a socket under it, swapped it with a spare chip, and the machine was fixed. Of course (as my wife pointed out) it would theoretically have been possible to conduct remote troubleshooting which led to the same outcome, but sometimes there's no substitute for having the board in one's own hands and studying its behaviour. One to remember for next time, anyway. And with that: next faulty 800XL, please.
  10. I want to see candles and cakes when I logon in a hour to the weekly ti99 zoom call in honor of my 55th birthday tomorrow...
  11. For those interested you can learn more about it in the Harmony/Melody Club entry found below. The routine can detect if the 2600 is NTSC, PAL, as well as SECAM. It also covers 2600 / 7800 detection, which does not require an ARM. This is useful for implementing a pause feature that works via the 2600's TV Type Switch as well as the 7800's PAUSE button. Note: the 2600 / 7800 detect routine shown does use the CDFJ driver, you'll want to refer to @batari's original routine for pure 6502 games.
  12. @KsarulYou should post a score AND get Turtles to play as well. More posts from people playing is fun to see! 😀 I feel I'm going to like this months game.
  13. Sounds a bit like me. I bought my older brother's C64 in 1986. It came with a handful of floppy disks he had collected, but no drive. It took me until 1990 before I could afford a 1541-II, so for four years I could only look at the floppy disks and imagine what they may contain. Two years later I upgraded to an Amiga 500+, but could afford to keep the 8-bit setup.
  14. Still need to install the leds, but want to create a small jig to bend them properly at their right angle.. I had been just using needle nose pilers before, but that won't always be consistent from bend to bend. Also, just have the cartridge port loose fitted, as I will test out @Ben from Plaion 2600+ cartridge port, when it arrives.
  15. Did you kill any ram chips during the upgrade?
  16. Today
  1. Load more activity