IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

The Atari branded model , made in Sunnyvale, CA I posted about a few days ago is fully functional. Thanks again to A.J. Franzman for the info on how to adjust the color output.

Serial number of 29438G. It does not possess a slot for the channel 3/4 selector.

I got my Heavy sixer today!

Serial : 64200N

Has Channel A/B hole, but no switch present.

Lable sais:

MFG. BY ATARI, INC., SUNNYVALE, CA.

MODEL NO. CX-2600

ect...

The Casing has a mysterious 179 melted into it right above the lable. It looks like it was done by the factory. Unfortunately there is no power supply. there is a driving contorller that came with it that is a standard dirving controller, but the actual socket is not an atari socket, it sais "AMP".

post-12776-1211575811_thumb.jpg

post-12776-1211575876_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sunnyvale light sixer here, red power switch and yellow color, left diff, right diff, game select and game reset switches.

Did someone paint those switch levers, or perhaps cover them in colored heat-shrinkable tubing, or replace the switches? AFAIK, before the Jr. models, there were only two visually different styles of front panel switches in the VCS consoles -- the common machined aluminum variety, and the polished chrome ones used in some promotional and factory refurbished consoles.

BTW, if anyone has some, I'm seeking 4 of the polished switches: 3 of the 2-position type and 1 of the momentary type.

Did someone paint those switch levers, or perhaps cover them in colored heat-shrinkable tubing, or replace the switches?

Nope, this is the way it looked the day it left K-Mart on Christmas eve 1978. My dad got the "on-floor" display model as all the others were sold out. That and he's pretty cheap, lol. If it's not evident in the pictures (they came out kind of blurry) the only thing altered were the two far right switches, they broke off from years of vigorous "toggling". I never replaced them, I use a paper clip just like I did in 1985. When I was a kid we didn't have fancy things like switches, consarn it!

post-20034-1215842268_thumb.jpg

post-20034-1215842317_thumb.jpg

Sunnyvale light sixer here, red power switch and yellow color, left diff, right diff, game select and game reset switches.
Did someone paint those switch levers, or perhaps cover them in colored heat-shrinkable tubing, or replace the switches? AFAIK, before the Jr. models, there were only two visually different styles of front panel switches in the VCS consoles -- the common machined aluminum variety, and the polished chrome ones used in some promotional and factory refurbished consoles.
Nope, this is the way it looked the day it left K-Mart on Christmas eve 1978. My dad got the "on-floor" display model as all the others were sold out.
Funny, the switch levers that are present all look silver to me, but your images only show the very ends of them clearly. If you're referring to the colors of the text labels, those are perfectly normal. Edited by A.J. Franzman

Nope, this is the way it looked the day it left K-Mart on Christmas eve 1978. My dad got the "on-floor" display model as all the others were sold out.
Funny, the switch levers that are present all look silver to me, but your images only show the very ends of them clearly. If you're referring to the colors of the text labels, those are perfectly normal.

I should have been more clear in my original post, looking back on it yeah I can understand where you thought I was saying the switches themselves were painted. Nope, just the labels. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if mine was a Heavy Sixer. I threw it away five years ago when some parts broke. I kick myself now.

Maybe from the serial, you folks can help me identify when it was made?

Model No. CX-2600

FCC type approval no. tv-363

Patents: 3,793,483;3,900,886;3,723,652;3,728,480; RE 28507, RE 28598 & Patent Pending

S.N. 51160P

41 0

Not sure if mine was a Heavy Sixer. I threw it away five years ago when some parts broke. I kick myself now.

Maybe from the serial, you folks can help me identify when it was made?

Model No. CX-2600

FCC type approval no. tv-363

Patents: 3,793,483;3,900,886;3,723,652;3,728,480; RE 28507, RE 28598 & Patent Pending

S.N. 51160P

41 0

No idea about when, but that does look like a Heavy Sixer serial.

Wester, is this the first posting of a serial of a unit gone to Atari heaven?

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 2 weeks later...