IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

my US heavy sixer has: S/N 66713

check stella's boneyard for more SNs

:idea:

Photo please.

then take me out the list .... right now I'd have to drive to my storage, find out in which of the many many boxes contains my boxed sixer, then did that one out and make a pick ... i used to have a picture and it's also listed on joel's site ...

actually, isn't joel's list the "offical" one? it's been there before AA existed and was still called Nexus ...

Photo please.

then take me out the list .... right now I'd have to drive to my storage, find out in which of the many many boxes contains my boxed sixer, then did that one out and make a pick ... i used to have a picture and it's also listed on joel's site ...

actually, isn't joel's list the "offical" one? it's been there before AA existed and was still called Nexus ...

See post #623, Joel hadn't updated the Boneyard in a while (believe it or not, longer than it's taking me to update this list) so he posted all of the S/N's from his site to the thread here. I guess I should have titled the thread "AA's Official Heavy Thread" or something since I found out about the Boneyard.

I think the only reason that Christophero Sly requested a picture is that your serial number appears to be one of the oddities that we've seen on only a few occasions.

Just a note to everyone that had been kind enough to post their Heavies here. I apologize for the amount of time that has gone by without me adding their contributions, I haven't been able to get caught up for a while, but I promise that after this weekend I'll start to update again.

Edited by Wester

Photo please.

I'm not questioning your veracity. I'm curious about your system because the S/N you gave doesn't have a letter suffix and I'd like to know if it is a double sticker unit. Regardless, if you are unable to provide a photo, it will be difficult for Wester to properly account for your H6 on the list. Perhaps you remember if the S/N has any leading zeros?

I don't know about "official". It's just a list put together by a curious and dedicated hobbyist. Who determines what is "official" anyway? The list on Stella's Boneyard is cool and all, but it is predicated on a faulty assumption. This thread contains a more comprehensive and better researched list, and "official" or not, I think it supersedes the information on Stella's Boneyard.

Edited by Christophero Sly

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new Sears Heavy to add to the list!

S/N: 15216S

post-10944-1223253759_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1223253770_thumb.jpg

Also, I sold one of my Atari Heavys on eBay a few weeks ago.

S/N: 17277F (Sold to geier911 on 9/20/2008)

Finally, there is an error in the list about 12 entries down (or so).

#99277E lowscore - OUT OF ORDER, should be down a few

#95143E Ebay (posted by izzy) - DUPLICATE ENTRY, already listed above

hi wester,

good work.

here is my heavy sixer serial. #85892F

post-17534-1223301038_thumb.jpg

i'm sad that my second heavy sixer doesn't have the sticker on the bottom.

it is lost times ago from the owner before. :(

can you tell me something about the letter on the second picture?

was this a goodie for each heavy sixer buyer ?

post-17534-1223301055_thumb.jpg

Updated again, thanks for posting.

can you tell me something about the letter on the second picture?

was this a goodie for each heavy sixer buyer ?

post-17534-1223301055_thumb.jpg

I've never seen a check like you posted in the second picture before, VERY cool on the collectible side of things I would say though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a light 6-er and a woodgrain 4 switch at my house, but I was thinking last week while over my parents house that I thought I still had another Atari packed away with some of my other old junk in one of their closets. So I dug around a bit and found my other (first) old Atari. And yes, it was a heavy sixer. So to add to the list...

It's an Atari, Sunnyvale, NO cut-out for channel select switch on bottom,

S/N is 94041H

btw.... I hooked it up and played with it last night and noticed one thing - the video quality is noticeably "cleaner" than my light-6 or 4-switch.