IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Serial Number Thread

Wester

Hi it me Sean

I will put up some pictures of the bottom and later Pictures of the entire unit. I am still working on

getting everything set up on this computer. I hope these will show what you were looking for. I will post

some real good pictures of the entire unit one all my software has been installed.

Thanks Sean

post-17711-12630163878_thumb.jpg

post-17711-126301648323_thumb.jpg

Awesome. It would be nice to have the official serial number listed updated. There are a lot of comments here with serials not on the list yet.

Yes it would be nice if they could update the list. I have the original heavy sixer Paddles used in 1977,and

original CX-10 Joysticks used in 1977. They all work perfect. These look different from the common Atari

Joysticks and Paddles. The Joysticks have Springs in them,and mine are near mint condition. Also the first

Paddles are different frome the later units in appearance. Since my father help Atari and did work for them

I wanted to find the very best examples and the true 1977 Joysticks and Paddles. I found them and Paid a

very good price for them since they are both in near mint condition. I wanted to have something I could

show and be proud of it. The unit works perfect also. Nothing has been changed and the unit is a one channel

unit. I think the date code on the unit is 7722 which is the 22 week of 1977. This is found inside the unit itself.

Which Places the unit towards the end on May of 1977. Now it would be really cool to find a machine toward

the begining of 1977 around the January month. Well only one could hope to find a unit that old.

Sean

Edited by Sean39

I have the original heavy sixer Paddles used in 1977,and

original CX-10 Joysticks used in 1977. They all work perfect. These look different from the common Atari

Joysticks and Paddles. The Joysticks have Springs in them,and mine are near mint condition. Also the first

Paddles are different frome the later units in appearance. Since my father help Atari and did work for them

I wanted to find the very best examples and the true 1977 Joysticks and Paddles. I found them and Paid a

very good price for them since they are both in near mint condition. I wanted to have something I could

show and be proud of it. The unit works perfect also. Nothing has been changed and the unit is a one channel

unit. I think the date code on the unit is 7733 which is the 33 week of 1977. This is found inside the unit itself.

Which Places the unit towards the end on July of 1977. Now it would be really cool to find a machine toward

the begining of 1977 around the January month. Well only one could hope to find a unit that old.

Sean

Take a look at my 1977 Heavy Sixer. My date code is 273S7726 (26th week of 1977) and also the 1 channel model.

I have the original heavy sixer Paddles used in 1977,and

unit. I think the date code on the unit is 7733 which is the 33 week of 1977. This is found inside the unit itself.

Which Places the unit towards the end on July of 1977. Now it would be really cool to find a machine toward

Sean

Take a look at my 1977 Heavy Sixer. My date code is 273S7726 (26th week of 1977) and also the 1 channel model.

I gooffed it reads 273S7722 Places it in May of 1977...I just looked at it wrong...

Sorry

Sean

Here is a picture of my date code inside my heavy sixer and also the serial number sticker on the bottom (see attached). My family purchased this machine new in 1977. Amazingly it's still in the original box and I even have the receipt to show when it was purchased. It seems Atari was making these machines really early in 1977 way before they actually hit the stores in October 1977.

post-24438-126302119058_thumb.jpg

post-24438-126302120232_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my date code inside my heavy sixer and also the serial number sticker on the bottom (see attached). My family purchased this machine new in 1977. Amazingly it's still in the original box and I even have the receipt to show when it was purchased. It seems Atari was making these machines really early in 1977 way before they actually hit the stores in October 1977.

WOW your machine and my Machine are only 4 weeks apart.

That is really cool your family bought one in 1977. So how old were you at the time??

It really cool you have the receipt and the box still. My parents said those things were running around $199.00

back then..My dad gone now and my mom memory not so hot now. She said it may have even been $250.00..

So I am not sure what they paid on our First machine. This is not it. My dad through it out while I was in the

military.. It would have had a really low serial number since he bought it before it even hit the Stores.

That was one advantage he had for doing work for atari.

These are not the Rare one anyways. My father told me that atari pulled all the Atari's from the store show

case ones. The Store ones actually hooked up to a Monitor. A small square looking monitor these were never

sold. Instead of having the RF modulator where your date is found that was left out of the Store units.

See then they could run a cable out with Composite Video and Audio to a Monitor. Finding one of those original

early Atari monitors would be cool and a store Atari. They are extreamly Rare because they were suppose to be

all pulled and returned back to Atari and destroyed. I know of only one person who found one two years ago.

He paid $500.00 just for the main unit. No monitor,Joysticks or anything just that store Atari. I figure they

are worth more than $500.00..

Sean

That is really cool your family bought one in 1977. So how old were you at the time??

I was approximately 1,825 days old in 1977 :)

Have you seen my pictures that I recently posted here on AtariAge? Take a look at my Atari Goodness.

Anyway, I'm moving on to other threads and let this one get back to tracking the serial numbers for heavy sixers... cool that your dad worked for Atari. I bet he's got some cool stories. You should start a unique thread and post some pictures and stories from him.

I was approximately 1,825 days old in 1977 :)

Have you seen my pictures that I recently posted here on AtariAge? Take a look at my Atari Goodness.

Anyway, I'm moving on to other threads and let this one get back to tracking the serial numbers for heavy sixers... cool that your dad worked for Atari. I bet he's got some cool stories. You should start a unique thread and post some pictures and stories from him.

Wow you were only five years old. Boy you were really little back then. Boy I was near nine years of age. I had to

go back and really think about it. Yes I was 9 years old..Well I guess being 4 years older than you was not much.

Sean

Hi it me Sean

Anyways I posted pictures of the bottom of my system here the rest of it. The picture will be fair since this camera does

not take the greatest picture. I hope to get a better camera for taking pictures. The other ones were scaned on a very large

scanner that gave great photos.

Well this is my unit Serial # 57020E

Thanks Sean

post-17711-12633283204_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...