IGNORED

"His Dark Majesty"

Played HDM for the 1st time last night :thumbsup: I got killed a lot on the second screen but will have another try tonight. Nice game, I like the turn based play (I'm a big fan of Ultima III) :thumbsup:

[edit] made it to the 4th scene. Would like an option to have sound effects but not the music ;)

[edit] now in the village and looking forward to today's battle... not that the music isn't excellent, but sometimes I have Planet Rock on the radio whilst playing Atari - the perfect combo :)

Really enjoying this game, Great work :thumbsup:

The level defending the Village was brutal, i played at least 15 times, and finally i got the way how to defend the village. Now i'm at this level. This game is fascinating!

tell me about it, I was pleased to capture the village but defending it with 8 guys against 13 is a killer! Best I've managed is with 4 of the enemy left :)

p.s. as well as the "why we shall" needing changing to "why shall we" on the town level you need an extra space before the "waiting for us" to move it onto a new line.

Another thought, I don't know if this is too much work, but if you get stuck on one level it might be good to allow it to be skipped after so many goes, or an option to add additional forces, or a choice of levels: otherwise people might just give up and not play which would be a shame as it's a really excellent game :)

There is a key press to advance to the next level... I found it while playing on my CONSOL, ah, I mean emulator. :)

I didn't use it an finally defended the village, made short work of the tower/gate and after winning the tavern scenario have made it to the Castle... this is a truly great game, I'm hooked :)

[edit] having big trouble taking the tower (in the circle), darn wizards! My best so far was 1 enemy left thanks to a brave footman kicking some butt ;)

Just thought I'd bump this game up the forum... been playing every day, really awesome game, already one of my all time favourites :thumbsup: If you've not played it yet give it a bash.

The tower in the circle was a toughie and had a great battle taking the fort, right down to the last few moves before I threw everything at them and was victorious :)

• 2 weeks later...
>>>p.s. as well as the "why we shall" needing changing to "why shall we" on the town level you need an extra space before the "waiting for us" to move it onto a new line.

<<<

Another change needed, the text "CAELAN" "There are a new eggs" should be "There are new eggs" or "There are some new eggs" and the next line "A chance for us to reborn" should be "A chance for us to be reborn". From memory I think you have a lowercase "A" at the start of the next sentence too :ponder:

Fantastic game, I struggled to beat the necromancers, serpents and zombies but after 15+ goes :thumbsup: I'm getting worried that the game might be over soon, so am hoping there will be a sequel or two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just played this myself. It's absolutely outstanding. Had this been released in the 80s, it would probably be remembered as one of the best games on the system.

Great graphics, music, and excellent AI. I'll buy this on cart in a flat second.

I've been playing HDM so much I see the pieces when I close me eyes... really :ponder:

How's this for being robbed: I'm on the final battle I kill HDM and then the games ends with one stupid serpent left with only 8 life left in it... ran out of turns... gutted :!:

post-19705-12759489385_thumb.jpg

Think he's toast tomorrow, then I'll just have to play the game from the start trying not to lose a battle :) I haven't seen the end yet but you could add a percentage or win vs loss stat or rating etc... maybe you have already :cool:

[edit - Completed this today :) ]

BL**DY FANTASTIC GAME :thumbsup:

BL**DY FANTASTIC GAME :thumbsup:

As the game is free all the HDM team can receive are kind words. You could also spread the information about the game.

Blog about it, write a game review for some website, post a comment on AtariMania :)

Done ;)

I've got HDM "cold turkey" today :(

Completely awesome! :-) I love turn based games (X-Com, etc) and this is just fantastic. I really can't believe it runs on a regular old unmodified Atari 8-bit. I'm floored.

Do you guys have a donation link or an address something can be sent to?

Steve

Completely awesome! :-) I love turn based games (X-Com, etc) and this is just fantastic. I really can't believe it runs on a regular old unmodified Atari 8-bit. I'm floored.

Do you guys have a donation link or an address something can be sent to?

Steve

Any tips on other *good/fun* turn based A8 games... I've not really played many of the combat/war simulation games, apart from Eastern Front! :?:

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a great game! And very challenging too.

Anybody get past the vulture level yet? I've tried a few strategies, but usually get smoked. On one occasion I had just two very wounded vultures left, but they retreated and I ran out of turns chasing them... bummer.

post-7123-127869590078_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a great game! And very challenging too.

Anybody get past the vulture level yet? I've tried a few strategies, but usually get smoked. On one occasion I had just two very wounded vultures left, but they retreated and I ran out of turns chasing them... bummer.

Did I mention I've completed it :D That was one of the 4 or 5 tough levels... if you get really stuck I'll give you more hints but for now a really small hint: forget about those stupid medics who make no attempt to get to safety! Trust me it's worth just playing (every day) you pickup things and you don't want to finish the game too soon and be like me having to wait for the HDM2 :sad:

Folks do the authors a favour and rate HDM on atarimania, it needs 20+ votes for it to rightly take it's place in the all time top 100 games :thumbsup:

Any tips on other *good/fun* turn based A8 games... I've not really played many of the combat/war simulation games, apart from Eastern Front! :?:

Imperium Galactum was a great game at the time.

I've dowloaded IG (and some of the other suggestions) will make a start soon :thumbsup:

This game rocks.. make an NTSC version.. and make a book to go with it.. and sell it for $$...

I second the make an NTSC version!!

I've been playing this game without any problems on my NTSC stock 1200XL, why is a seperate "NTSC" version needed? Though I have noticed it crashes if I hit the space bar, but I just don't do that. I was just testing keyboard keys to see if there was any keyboard control (there isn't is there?), I've been playing with joystick only, am I missing out on something if I only use a joystick?

Though I hardly care about PAL/NTSC anymore becuase I also have a heavily modded 1200XL (NTSC), including a PAL Antic thip installed, and I have yet to come across any PAL game that won't work on it. There is the slight color issue between PAL/NTSC, but adjusting the tint on my 1084S monitor solves that problem (as far as I'm concerned).

By the way, great game, I love it. I still am on about the 4-6 level, I managed to capture the first town in the game, but I lose it to the counter attack so far. Love seeing graphic pictures of such high quality/color actually in an 8-bit game and not just seen in slide shows of Atari graphics.

Edited by Gunstar

Hi,

I've been playing this game without any problems on my NTSC stock 1200XL, why is a seperate "NTSC" version needed? Though I have noticed it crashes if I hit the space bar, but I just don't do that. I was just testing keyboard keys to see if there was any keyboard control (there isn't is there?), I've been playing with joystick only, am I missing out on something if I only use a joystick?

Though I hardly care about PAL/NTSC anymore becuase I also have a heavily modded 1200XL (NTSC), including a PAL Antic thip installed, and I have yet to come across any PAL game that won't work on it. There is the slight color issue between PAL/NTSC, but adjusting the tint on my 1084S monitor solves that problem (as far as I'm concerned).

There is no keyboard control and I'm surprised that hitting the spacebar crashes the game. Keyboard interrupt should be turned off...

With joystick you can operate the game fully.

Known bugs with NTSC:

- music plays faster than it should

- outro may crash

By the way, great game, I love it. I still am on about the 4-6 level, I managed to capture the first town in the game, but I lose it to the counter attack so far. Love seeing graphic pictures of such high quality/color actually in an 8-bit game and not just seen in slide shows of Atari graphics.

Thanks a lot :)

If you like our game, vote on it here.

You may also write a comment or spread information about it somewhere :)

regards,

Jakub