IGNORED

HxC Floppy Emulator: any ST owners here getting one?

Rev C SD HxC Floppy Emulator (with amiga write support) Preorder is now open ! :

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1805757936001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180575793600&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Amiga write support! Wow, these things keep getting better!

Are the firmware revisions now different, since the hardware must be?

I lost track since I left for the summer; what's the last firmware revision to work with the old RED 1st versions?

Thanks.

Rev C SD HxC Floppy Emulator (with amiga write support) Preorder is now open ! :

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1805757936001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180575793600&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Amiga write support! Wow, these things keep getting better!

Are the firmware revisions now different, since the hardware must be?

I lost track since I left for the summer; what's the last firmware revision to work with the old RED 1st versions?

Thanks.

I believe the answer is yes, he answered this question over on Atari-Forum

• 1 month later...

When I've raised some funds I would like to get one of these to resurrect the floppy-less STE I have in the cellar. Is it possible to use an a longer floppy drive lead and is a case available as I would like to be able to use it on other systems - initially a PC but possibly also Amstrad CPC?

Barnie

When I've raised some funds I would like to get one of these to resurrect the floppy-less STE I have in the cellar. Is it possible to use an a longer floppy drive lead and is a case available as I would like to be able to use it on other systems - initially a PC but possibly also Amstrad CPC?

Barnie

I have done exactly that...

Cased so that I can make cables for other systems (I have only made the ST cable so far!). Both my STe's have been modded with a switch to toggle Drive A between internal and external drives.

post-27825-129115288761_thumb.jpg

post-27825-129115290314_thumb.jpg

post-27825-129115291471_thumb.jpg

post-27825-129115292871_thumb.jpg

how do I update the firmware on the one I bought earlier this year?

Easy.

Just format a Fat32 SD and place the firmware file on to it.

Place SD in to the device.

Power up.

I figured it was something simple like that thanks, I have yet to play with the two units I bought but I have high plans for them both, especially now with Amiga support. cheers!

I figured it was something simple like that thanks, I have yet to play with the two units I bought but I have high plans for them both, especially now with Amiga support. cheers!

Now I don't feel so bad - I also haven't had time to even power mine up yet :(

They've had Amiga read support for quite a while now. If your board isn't one of the latest Rev C ones, Amiga writes won't be supported.

They've had Amiga read support for quite a while now. If your board isn't one of the latest Rev C ones, Amiga writes won't be supported.

umm ok. I did buy the 2nd one over the summer this year, july or august 2010 I think. not sure about the first one I bought.

I guess I misunderstood the quote from "orpheuswaking " recently in this thread proclaiming his appreciation at amiga support.

if I do not have Revision C hardware, can I send mine back to be upgraded? I would feel slightly disappointed if my only recourse was to buy new hardware... yet again. although I guess I have to evaluate how much I'd need Amiga write support, assuming it reads no problem, I could save to floppy still I suppose.

I really need to find the time to break it all out and play with it. Hoping to do so over christmas break. :) what I really wish for is Mac Plus/SE support... is there any chance of that being implemented and will that also be a hardware revision if so?

Now I don't feel so bad - I also haven't had time to even power mine up yet icon_sad.gif

Same here, I have had mine for months and not connected or powered it up; too many other things to do first and after three months, I have only just installed my two Bernd Thomas 14MB low-profile RAM boards in my two Falcons.

Somethings can wait....

Somethings can't....

My CTPCI arrived and it in within next 2 days...

would be faster if I had read the installation instructions earlier... was missing some parts.

LOL... I am waiting for the video card now... so what's was the hurry for me to install it... :?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Some importants updates :

Firmware :

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxCFloppyEmulator_firmware.zip

25/01/2011: Firmware SD HxCFloppyEmulator v1.5.0.0

- SDcard : Init frequency corrected

- SDcard : Multi sector read & Write access added.

-> SDCard access time improved (Slow sdcard issues corrected)

- Some important parts of the floppy write support fully rewritten : Important codes improvement (speed & size)

-> MFM ISO Sector write support speed & code size improvement.

-> Amiga write support speed & code size improvement .

General result: Faster write data throughput.

- New MFM/DD write support bitrate added.

-> 300kbits/s (256/512/1024 bytes sectors).

- FM write support added.

-> 128bytes sector SD/FM write support added.

-> 256bytes sector SD/FM write support added.

-> 512bytes sector SD/FM write support added.

-> 1024bytes sector SD/FM write support added.

-> SD/FM write support bitrate : 250kbits/s, 300kbits/s & 500kbits/s

- E-mu write support added (E-mu emulator, E-mu emulator II,...)

Note : Need the Rev C SD HxC Floppy Emulator hardware!

-> 3584bytes sector FM E-emu write support added.

-> E-mu write support bitrate : 312kbits/s

A big Thanks to Kris VC / esynthesist (http://www.emxp.net/) for all tests done on this firwmare

with the E-mu Emulator & E-mu Emulator II.

Without this great help, releasing this new feature wouldn't be possible.

- Two floppy drive emulation improvement/bug corrected

-> The two virtual floppy disk drive can have different bitrate now.

(example : an 1.44MB floppy disk in the first disk drive and a 720KB in the second disk drive.)

- SDCard HxC Floppy emulator settings (sound/blacklight...) are now stored into the eeprom

and used at power up. At power up the last known settings are used.

Software:

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/HxCFloppyEmulator_soft.zip

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/hxcfloppyemulator_soft_release_notes.txt

User manual :

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_User_Manual.pdf

All can be downloaded there :

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html#download

Edited by Jeff_HxC2001