IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Sorry I have not been following everything and am trying to figure out, what is the advantage to getting the new SMS Everdrive? I mean does not the Original Everdrive work already with SMS roms? The site says most SEGA maser system games supported. Is the newer SMS Everdirve 100% compatible? Is there enough difference to bother getting both?

Cause you have a compulsion to own everything that is cool :)

I honestly will mainly use my Everdrive-MD vast majority of time out of convenience. It will be cool enough to use the actual SMS hardware to justify it for me plus the other items many have mentioned.

Besides, I ordered the SNES Everdrive with the DSP chip too so figured why not get them both.

I've seen promising things for the N64, now THAT's what I am drooling over.

What about the Game Gear Stone-Dude?!

AX

I think he just got PCBs or should have them shortly, then he has to do some more development on firmware and OS and then those would be ready on his site and then hopefully 3 weeks later on mine. I already have like 100 GG donor carts and cases ready.

The Game Gear version uses microSD and requires you to take cart apart to access. Some Game Gear carts are terrible to take apart. Not only do they have a screw buy 4 plastic clips that break easy.

How about a little competition... and an update for the thread.

The Myth series from NeoFlash are adapters that allow GBA flash carts to be used by other consoles. While any GBA compatible flash cart could be used, the menus from NeoFlash only support NEO brand GBA flash carts... go fig. ;)

All the adapters have built-in USB for flashing from a PC, except for the SMS cart, which comes with a separate stand-alone USB flasher.

By making an adapter for GBA flash carts, you can take advantage of the bulk manufacture of GBA flash for lower prices on the GBA flash. You aren't stuck with just X amount of flash, you can pop in another flash cart for more games. The GBA flash carts with an SD card interface are also supported for loading games from SD or SDHC in any size (with an SD adapter... for example, use a MicroSD to SD adapter to use MicroSD cards).

The NEO N64 Myth flash cart: The Myth adapter for the N64, it plays all N64 games, and uses either an N64 cart on a pass-through connector on the back, or a CIC chip soldered to the PCB inside the cart. Using the Neo2-Pro flash cart with SD interface, you can load games up to 256Mbits from SD/SDHC. Larger games have to be run from flash, but there aren't many of those. Supports all type of save mem, from EEPROM, to SRAM, to FRAM.

The NEO SNES Myth flash cart: The Myth adapter for the SNES, it plays most SNES games. It also uses a pass-through connector for the CIC and for enhancement chips. The current menu can run DSP games, and work is being done on supporting other enhancement chip games. It can also load games from SD/SDHC with a flash cart with SD interface. You can use either the Neo2-Pro or the older (and cheaper) Neo2-SD carts for that. Supports all types of save mem.

The NEO Myth MD 3-in-1 flash cart: The Myth adapter for the SEGA Genesis. It supports all Genesis games except Virtua Racing. You can run SMS games (acts as a PBC) with FM, Genesis games, and 32X games. Supports EEPROM and SRAM saves. You can use the Neo2-Pro or Neo2-SD for running games from SD/SDHC. The cart also supports SEGA CD BIOS replacement, and SEGA CD BRAM backup.

And finally the NEO Mark III Myth flash cart: The Myth adapter for the SEGA Master System. It runs all SMS, SG-1000, and Mark III games. It's not in the store yet, but me and the other programmers who work on the Myth menus have our carts and are hard at work on the menu. It should be available shortly. It also makes FM available to games. If you look at the pictures in the link, you'll see you run the AV cable to the cart, then run an RCA cable from the cart to the TV. That allows the cart to mix the sound from the MS with the FM in the cart. Will also run games from SD/SDHC with the Neo2-SD or Neo2-Pro cart. It has the ability to do one PAR cheat code, which can be switched on or off on the fly in the game.

Note that IC2005 is pretty expensive. Also note that most of the products have a pretty sharp drop for bulk orders. It would be nice if a dealer could stock some of their stuff so that people could get a better deal than buying straight from IC2005. I actually did a bulk order on the Neo2-SD some time back when I first bought my MD Myth so that I could pass along some savings to others who also had the MD Myth. That's how I got involved in the NEO Myth stuff - I thought I could do a better menu for the MD Myth, so I DID! Dr.neo then asked my to help on the N64 Myth menu, and then the SNES and SMS menus. I picked up help along the way from a few others (namely mic, Conle, and madmonkey). The menus are all open source, and we keep a google code page for them (the SMS menu is already committed there, even if the cart isn't out yet). So you can get updates and follow the code there:

http://code.google.com/p/neo-myth-menu/

Edited by Chilly Willy

Also, it's not in the Myth series, but their PC Engine flash cart is the best on the market.

I like Neo products, they're very capable even if there are some caveats. You touched on most of them, but I'd also point out that the programmer app is closed source and Windows only. I know madmonkey was working on an open source programmer, but last I checked it was for the MD Myth only. Has anything changed there?

BTW, I couldn't recommend Myth products without the amazing amount of work you, Conle, madmonkey, and others have put it. The new menus have really made these products worth having. Thanks!

Also, it's not in the Myth series, but their PC Engine flash cart is the best on the market.

I like Neo products, they're very capable even if there are some caveats. You touched on most of them, but I'd also point out that the programmer app is closed source and Windows only. I know madmonkey was working on an open source programmer, but last I checked it was for the MD Myth only. Has anything changed there?

I'm not 100% on it as I've been spending all my time on the menus, but I know it has N64 support, and I THINK it has SNES support. The MD Myth allowed SMS games because of the built in PBC, so the SMS Myth uses the MD Myth support for itself - you simply pick the SMS menu instead of the MD menu.

BTW, I couldn't recommend Myth products without the amazing amount of work you, Conle, madmonkey, and others have put it. The new menus have really made these products worth having. Thanks!

You're welcome... and don't forget mic! He did the lion's share of the work on the SNES Myth menu. The Myth products aren't for everyone, especially at the prices they run. I tend to think more people would do well with the Everdrive series; they're probably the best product for the price. However, if you have the money and need certain features (features some of us have worked hard to provide), the Myth series might be for you. It's all a matter of knowing what you want versus what is available at what price.

And thanks for reminding me about the PCE NeoFlash cards - I forgot about them since they're not part of the Myth series and don't have one... yet. ;)

Some N64 hotness, been in the works for over a year and a half but sounds like it is getting close....

N64 Flashcart

http://forums.benhec...php?f=5&t=33012

this looks VERY promising. Please keep us informed on the progress as I do not follow those forums, I'll buy one when they're ready.

Some news on EverDrive-GG...

I guess Igor thought he had paid company that creates PCBs, but he didn't get them yet. So he contacted company that makes them and they said never got payment. So it appears Igor forgot to send them payment. Everything is fixed now, but now they will be 3 weeks behind what he expected.

• 2 weeks later...