IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

REALLY want the N64! That one project by marshallh looks promising but don't know if it will ever come out.

Krikzz does great work, I have 3 of 4 he's made, will get the GG soon.

Marshall's is closer than you think. It's in testing right now. Though the sticker shock might give you a heart attack.

http://64drive.retroactive.be/

Edited by Greg2600

REALLY want the N64! That one project by marshallh looks promising but don't know if it will ever come out.

Marshall's is closer than you think. It's in testing right now. Though the sticker shock might give you a heart attack.

Sweet the website is up. Def expensive but not unrealistic compared to the neoflash option.

Igor's is closer than you think as well. He already ordered PCBs awhile ago. He will probably have pictures of PCB up in a week or so.

Marshall's price isn't too bad really, but based on what Igor has told me what I will be getting his EverDrive64 wholesale for. Our Deluxe version should be a bit cheaper. Obviously board only version will be way cheaper.

Igor's is closer than you think as well. He already ordered PCBs awhile ago. He will probably have pictures of PCB up in a week or so.

Marshall's price isn't too bad really, but based on what Igor has told me what I will be getting his EverDrive64 wholesale for. Our Deluxe version should be a bit cheaper. Obviously board only version will be way cheaper.

I like the idea of the 2 - 3 second load time on the retro. Wonder how Igor's will stack up.

AX

I like the idea of the 2 - 3 second load time on the retro. Wonder how Igor's will stack up.

AX

Not sure to be honest. I know it will support SDHC so it can handle greater than 2GB (unlike his other EverDrives) since it ED64 can handle FAT32. However loading speed is a question, I will ask him next time I talk to him. My guess is it will be slightly slower, but how much I am not sure since he is using better technology in the ED64 than in previous ED.

Sorry talked to Igor and I stand corrected. ED64 does not use Flash memory it uses SDRAM which is much faster. However unlike flash it will not stay in memory with power off. He said load times should be comparable to 64drive.

That's good to hear. $200 might be too high for me, just in principle!

Will the E64 be just as compatible? 99.9% for 64drive is hard to imagine. Most flash carts have a number of games that won't run properly. I hope it is though. Wish my sega everdrive ran NHL hockey games...

I think the only real issue with compatibility is the CIC, which is the boot chip. I think the 64drive will have a 6102 onboard, which I guess handles most games. Some like Banjo Tooie used the 6105. So I'm not sure where Krikzz is with that, or the possibility of having all save modes work (EEPROM (4k, 16k), SRAM, FlashRAM) like the 64drive.

Sorry talked to Igor and I stand corrected. ED64 does not use Flash memory it uses SDRAM which is much faster. However unlike flash it will not stay in memory with power off. He said load times should be comparable to 64drive.

That's good to hear. $200 might be too high for me, just in principle!

Will the E64 be just as compatible? 99.9% for 64drive is hard to imagine. Most flash carts have a number of games that won't run properly. I hope it is though. Wish my sega everdrive ran NHL hockey games...

I think the only real issue with compatibility is the CIC, which is the boot chip. I think the 64drive will have a 6102 onboard, which I guess handles most games. Some like Banjo Tooie used the 6105. So I'm not sure where Krikzz is with that, or the possibility of having all save modes work (EEPROM (4k, 16k), SRAM, FlashRAM) like the 64drive.

EverDrive64 supports all saves modes just like 64drive. Also not all games with 6105 require a 6105. Most will work fine with 6102, but Banjo Tooie is one of the few (there may be one other one) that checks for the 6105. Sucks because its a good game, but what can you do? I wouldn't be surprised if someone hacks the ROM eventually to work someday.

Yes. Compatibility will be the same. Unlike the SNES the N64 didn't have any special graphic chips in the carts that I know of. Your NHL Hockey may be one of the few games that used special save chip that EverDrive-MD is not compatible with.

EverDrive64 supports all saves modes just like 64drive. Also not all games with 6105 require a 6105. Most will work fine with 6102, but Banjo Tooie is one of the few (there may be one other one) that checks for the 6105. Sucks because its a good game, but what can you do? I wouldn't be surprised if someone hacks the ROM eventually to work someday.

Oh? Wasn't sure about the saving, Igor hasn't said much lately. The other game is Jet Force Gemini, but somebody already did a hack supposedly to work on the NeoMyth64.

Oh? Wasn't sure about the saving, Igor hasn't said much lately. The other game is Jet Force Gemini, but somebody already did a hack supposedly to work on the NeoMyth64.

Not really needed if you have a CIC6105 cart plugged into the Myth. I think you're thinking of someone who tested the old JFG hack for the z64 on the Myth (it worked). I did my JFG testing with a 6105 cart plugged in.