IGNORED

High Score Club 9.07 - Frostbite

Ze_ro

I wonder how fast it gets around 500,000? oyamafamily how fast is it?

It's very, very, very fast. It's almost impossible to complete the level. I started losing my control after passing 400,000-point mark.

On slower levels, I always caught fishes as many as possible, and I sacrificed myself before entering the igloo, to maximize the timer and thereby score more bonus points via entering the igloo as quickly as possible. Sometimes, I let the temperature drop to ZERO degrees before entering the igloo.

Edited by oyamafamily

Since I'm not able to improve my score on Frostbite, I solved to write a short story although I'm not very good at writing stories.

FROSTBITE BAILEY GETS THE GREATEST PRIZE

Once upon a time, Mrs. Sandra Bailey, the Artcic Architecture company manager, called Frostbite Bailey to participate in a challenge. The objective is to build 50 igloos in two months. If Frostbite achieve this goal sucessully, he will get a prize of 50,000 dollars (1,000 for each igloo built). Also, if Frostbite exceed this objective, he will win 50,000 dollars, plus 2500 for each additional igloo. He must be careful with the hazardous enemies: geeses, crabs, clams, and grizzlies; also, he must eat fishes to be well-fed every day.

'Are you ready to this challenge?', asked the manager.

'Yes, I am. I accept it, and I love building igloos', replied Frostbite.

On the first of two months, Frostbite showed his greatest abilities to build igloos, and have already built 36. He jumped on the ice blocks without touching the enemies. This ability let Mrs. Sandra very, very impressed.

'That's incredible, Frostbite! You can exceed the objective on the next month!', said the manager.

On the second month, Frostbite built more 13 igloos on the first 10 days. But, unfortunately, he made a mistake: he touched one of the geeses and was pushed to Arctic Sea.

However, a good surprise appeared: Frostbite left the Arctic Sea quickly, and continued to build more igloos on the rest of month. He was still strong, but a little tired.

At the end of two months, the IMPRESSIVE RESULT ocurred: Frostbite Bailey built 70 igloos in two months. Since he exceeded the objective (50 igloos in two months), he got the greatest prize: 50,000 dollars via building 50 igloos, plus 50,000, because he built 20 additional igloos, and each unit is worth 2500. The total prize is 100,000 DOLLARS!!

'CONGRATULATIONS, FROSTBITE! You won the greatest prize for your excellent merit!', said the manager.

So, Frostbite went to Miami to enjoy many beaches and hotels using his prize.

THE END

Edited by oyamafamily

Arggggh!!!!!! I was rocking and then hit a huge spot of bad luck. Wave after wave of creature and the bear wouldn't move. Died before I could break that 200K. Feck, hope I can do it by the deadline.

Sorry! First time competing in the H.S.C. I hope I'm doin this right!! I tried my best to make it in the top three, but hey as Mick Jagger say's "You can't always get what you want!" But I guess the days not over yet right?!! Can't wait to compete in future H.S.C games! Oh yeah... My score was 281 260. Thanx! and GOOD LUCK FELLOW GAMERS!

This is my first go in the HSC too, but I can't crack 200K for the life of me. Nice work, man! Had you played this one before? It's new to me... picked up a copy just for the competition.

Arggggh!!!!!! I was rocking and then hit a huge spot of bad luck. Wave after wave of creature and the bear wouldn't move. Died before I could break that 200K. Feck, hope I can do it by the deadline.

I always lose lives in bunches. I had 270,000 then wasted my last 5 or 6 lives to get to 274,830

Sorry! First time competing in the H.S.C. I hope I'm doin this right!! I tried my best to make it in the top three, but hey as Mick Jagger say's "You can't always get what you want!" But I guess the days not over yet right?!! Can't wait to compete in future H.S.C games! Oh yeah... My score was 281 260. Thanx! and GOOD LUCK FELLOW GAMERS!

This is my first go in the HSC too, but I can't crack 200K for the life of me. Nice work, man! Had you played this one before? It's new to me... picked up a copy just for the competition.

Thank you! Many, many hrs. were spent playing playing this game yesterday! To answer your question, I used to play this game the most when I was a kid! It was the only game I was half decent at! But I have been playin my 2600 a lot the past 6mths or so...... Gettin better! I have 120-130 games for it so far.

• 1 year later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS6W8E62SVs&feature=related

check that out. He rolled the game witout dying once

Holy Sh*te! At that speed it looks lie it doesn't matter where you land as long as it's in the vicinity of the ice. If it's just down to skill, that is awesome. My eyes will never be that accurate!