IGNORED

Hooked on 8-bit carts

Tanman

Nice find, thanks!

I've updated the ROM list once more; this time number of changes is rather high so I'm including a changelog in the document.

FULS, I've noticed that you have published 2 images of Monkey Wrench II XL back in 2009. In there you mentioned, that one of the images was modified by you (the one that's joined with BASIC). However I can see that the other, 8KB image, is also different to the dump you've just published here. Can you share some more details regarding those two older MW2XL images?

Kr0tki,

The "Monkey Wrench II XL" that is joined with Basic "C" is different in that I put in the commands to Monkey Wrench II XL in the empty part of the Rom itself, so that I would always have the commands in case I lost the Doc's. I also put in Start,Boot, and Initialization addresses.

The other raw 8K version is different in that I put in a Start and initialization address. I forget what the purpose was for me doing that. I did it back in 1985, so my memory isn't all that clear.

Thanks for asking and if you want more info let me know.

Thanks, FULS; I'm marking the 2 ROM images as hacks then.

I've got one more question. I'm working on adding emulation of Monkey Wrench XL in Atari800 and I'd like to clear some doubts. Do you happen to know if MW XL still works in the original Atari 800's right slot? (I suppose calling USR would still be needed.)

I've added some new ROM images to the list - mainly Atarimax FlashCart images and several turbo tape utilities.

Thanks, FULS; I'm marking the 2 ROM images as hacks then.

I've got one more question. I'm working on adding emulation of Monkey Wrench XL in Atari800 and I'd like to clear some doubts. Do you happen to know if MW XL still works in the original Atari 800's right slot? (I suppose calling USR would still be needed.)

Kr0tki,

I put Monkey Wrench XL into Right Slot of 800 with a Basic Cart in the left so I could do the "USR" call, but the 800 would only lock-up and display a black screen. I then tried it in the Left slot with the Right slot empty, just another lock-up. I figured it didn't work in the Left slot because it doesn't have a Run Address. The cart is somehow made to let Basic Initialize and to load itself into memory $8000-BFFF on the 800XL.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Already done

Here you go Atari Cart Spreadsheet

If you are going to enhance it, please share it back here.

Speaking for myself I am not looking for anything web based.

If you can keep it in excel that would be great

What crc32 program did you use? My ACTION! ROM doesn't have the same crc as your ACTION! in the spreadsheet. Or maybe there's different crc32 programs. My crc32 program gives A1F90DFD for ACTIONB.ROM (same as PUL's B ACTION!, 3.6 M091). You have 549eb409 .

Edited by russg

FULS, thanks for the test. That sure will help.

You have 549eb409 .

Check the 549eb409 entry in my spreadsheet.

I see, I think. Your spreadsheet only puts a ! if there are two dumps from independent dumpers and they come out the same.

You don't have a ! for ACTION!, so maybe my dump can be useful. I didn't download it, I dumped all four banks and only learned how to put them together

as M091 here. Used Omnimon to dump. Here's my independent dump.:

crc32 is A1F90DFD (same as FULs in earlier post)

MYACTB.zip

Edited by russg

I originally wanted to release some of these dumps on Atarimania first but, as most of you will probably be dead by year 2127, it's more reasonable to post things here before it's too late: http://www.atarimania.com/vapi/Cartridges_August_2011.zip

Great! A few new cartridges for the collection. I'm assuming that these dumps were obtained completely independently from anything posted in this thread, right?

This "Tamlilan" (I assume it was obtained from here) is not in Tamil language - it's a Hebrew-language text editor, similar to AtariWriter. Its title, roughly Google-translated, is "Atari Lyricist".

Do you know how if the INFO/soft 3000 works at all? It fails under Atari800. (The later 5000 at least gets to the main screen.)

Your Telelink II ROM is an overdump - according to Jindroush it contains only 8KB ROM (and some RAM).

XEG015.rom is a bad dump (no cartridge header at address $BFFA-$BFFF). It contains Kaboom! at $1000-$1FFF, parts of Stephan Dorndorf's MLM 2.3, and a menu that displays:

ATARI GAMES

(1) JAMES BOND 007

(2) PITFALL I

(3) KABOOM

I believe it's a banked multicartridge that was dumped incorrectly (16KB is not enough to hold all 3 games).

You don't have a ! for ACTION!, so maybe my dump can be useful.

It is useful indeed. I've marked Action! 3.6. as verified.

I have Mac65 and BASICXE carts also. They also use M091 order of banks. Have those been verified?

Depends on version. Only Mac/65 1.01 and BASIC XE 4.1 have been verified. Version number is visible immediately after running.

I originally wanted to release some of these dumps on Atarimania first but, as most of you will probably be dead by year 2127, it's more reasonable to post things here before it's too late: http://www.atarimania.com/vapi/Cartridges_August_2011.zip

Great! A few new cartridges for the collection. I'm assuming that these dumps were obtained completely independently from anything posted in this thread, right?

This "Tamlilan" (I assume it was obtained from here) is not in Tamil language - it's a Hebrew-language text editor, similar to AtariWriter. Its title, roughly Google-translated, is "Atari Lyricist".

Do you know how if the INFO/soft 3000 works at all? It fails under Atari800. (The later 5000 at least gets to the main screen.)

Your Telelink II ROM is an overdump - according to Jindroush it contains only 8KB ROM (and some RAM).

XEG015.rom is a bad dump (no cartridge header at address $BFFA-$BFFF). It contains Kaboom! at $1000-$1FFF, parts of Stephan Dorndorf's MLM 2.3, and a menu that displays:

ATARI GAMES

(1) JAMES BOND 007

(2) PITFALL I

(3) KABOOM

I believe it's a banked multicartridge that was dumped incorrectly (16KB is not enough to hold all 3 games).

You don't have a ! for ACTION!, so maybe my dump can be useful.

It is useful indeed. I've marked Action! 3.6. as verified.

I have Mac65 and BASICXE carts also. They also use M091 order of banks. Have those been verified?

Depends on version. Only Mac/65 1.01 and BASIC XE 4.1 have been verified. Version number is visible immediately after running.

My BASIC XE is 4.1. My Mac65 is 1.0. Here is dump. It works in Atari800winplus 4, I think I did it right using Omnimon and my disk utility.

A M091 cart.

post-21816-0-59864800-1313510437_thumb.png

Edited by russg

My Mac65 is 1.0. Here is dump. It works in Atari800winplus 4

... until you try using it. Try entering LIST.

Your MAC/65 is a two-chip cartridge and should be dumped using bank numbers 0, 4 and 3.

Right. It is 0, 3, 4, M. $D500, $D503, $D504, $B000. POKE with a 1 to $D500, $D503 and $D504 to change banks.

I thought it was right, I got different $A000 with the $D500, $D509 and $D501, so I thought it was banking correctly.

I'll try again.

My Mac65 is 1.0. Here is dump. It works in Atari800winplus 4

... until you try using it. Try entering LIST.

Your MAC/65 is a two-chip cartridge and should be dumped using bank numbers 0, 4 and 3.

Right. It is 0, 3, 4, M. $D500, $D503, $D504, $B000. POKE with a 1 to $D500, $D503 and $D504 to change banks.

I thought it was right, I got different $A000 with the $D500, $D509 and $D501, so I thought it was banking correctly.

I'll try again.

OK, I wouldn't have known 034M, so now I do. Here is Mac65 ver. 1.0. I LOADed and ASMed BLAST.M65 from ANALOG and it ran. And DDT works, so I'm pretty sure I got it this time. Wish I could delete the previous post. Of course, I could still mess up with the deleting and adding files, etc.

MAC6510.zip

I'm assuming that these dumps were obtained completely independently from anything posted in this thread, right?

Yes, of course.

This "Tamlilan" is not in Tamil language - it's a Hebrew-language text editor, similar to AtariWriter. Its title, roughly Google-translated, is "Atari Lyricist".

Probably got it from the place you mentioned. I know it's not Tamil language, I just left the filename "as is" but assumed it meant something specific in Hebrew.

I know it doesn't work. Unfortunately, I have no contact with the person who dumped the file right now. Maybe we could at least look inside the code and check what version this is.

Better get rid of that one then.

ATARI GAMES

(1) JAMES BOND 007

(2) PITFALL I

(3) KABOOM

I knew something was wrong with that one anyway...

Two other comments:

- no idea where Moogles comes from, it could just be the file version moved to cartridge because someone liked the game (I don't think it's a prototype)

- IIRC, Conquest of the Crown is just the file saved to the proper address

BTW, it's Stimu-Tech and Hsu Software (Hsu is the programmer's family name).

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Thanks for the details and corrections.

I know it doesn't work. Unfortunately, I have no contact with the person who dumped the file right now. Maybe we could at least look inside the code and check what version this is.

It says INFO/soft 3000 v3.3, ©86. I just wonder if it's a bad dump or some special cartridge mapping. The 5000 starts correctly using the "Standard cartridge" mapping, and the 3000's and the 5000's ROM areas are remarkably similar, so I think the 3000 should also be a standard cart.

Edited by Kr0tki

Update: I've reviewed the OSS ROM images from FULS' collection and disovered that half of them are either bad bumps (Action (OSS Type A).bin, Basic XL (OSS Type B).bin, Mac 65 (OSS Type A).bin), or contain data in an incorrect order (Basic XL (OSS Type A).bin). FULS, could you give some light on the issue? Tell us how your OSS cartridges were dumped?

Hi Kr0tki,

I have a Basic xe Cart.rom that I burned to the eprom on my cart about 7 yrs. ago. Just now got around to dumping it.. It is a little different than one posted here.

UBASXEM091.bin

Update: I've reviewed the OSS ROM images from FULS' collection and disovered that half of them are either bad bumps (Action (OSS Type A).bin, Basic XL (OSS Type B).bin, Mac 65 (OSS Type A).bin), or contain data in an incorrect order (Basic XL (OSS Type A).bin). FULS, could you give some light on the issue? Tell us how your OSS cartridges were dumped?

Hi Kr0tki,

I have a Basic xe Cart.rom that I burned to the eprom on my cart about 7 yrs. ago. Just now got around to dumping it.. It is a little different than one posted here.

UBASXEM091.bin

Can say i've never seen this one before.. Any documentation on it?

Edited by Triads

Hi Kr0tki,

UBASXEM091.bin

Is the original ROM a clean dump or has it been hacked in some way?

Mitch

I don't know. This is why I posted it here for you experts to decipher. I have been using it for several years, but not a lot. When this thread came up I noticed that my dump differed from the ones dumped and downloaded here.

My BasicXE cart lost it ability to run so I searched around for a new rom to burn about 7 yrs. ago and came up with this one.