IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Some rare CV homebrews just popped up on eBay. This one is particularly interesting, given that it's one of the few I don't have in my collection yet:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209195054951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220919505495&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is this the real thing, or a replica? I'm only asking out of curiosity, because the seller is asking way too much for it, and he apparently only ships within the US. Pitty...

The real thing ;)

I'm sure someone in US could handle it for you

Or you could find a border mail service, where you have the item shipped to a US address near the CAN/USA border, and pay $5 or so when picking it up. This works most of the time, unless the seller won't ship to an unconfirmed address (although you should be able to get through that problem too, with a phone call to your credit card company). In Niagara, I've started using cbiusa.com.

The real thing ;)

I'm sure someone in US could handle it for you

Perhaps, but it's still way too expensive.

For sure!

Contact the seller and give him your best offer ..... you never know! ;)

That is true I have gotten a number of games just by asking, and if you need help pixelboy getting it, I can help you out. ;)

Edited by RelliK111

Or you could find a border mail service, where you have the item shipped to a US address near the CAN/USA border, and pay $5 or so when picking it up. This works most of the time, unless the seller won't ship to an unconfirmed address (although you should be able to get through that problem too, with a phone call to your credit card company). In Niagara, I've started using cbiusa.com.

Does this involve creating a 2nd Ebay account for this purpose? Because some if not most of the shippers who dont ship outside the lower 48 dont allow you to bid either or even ask questions. And even if you can ask them to allow you to bid, you sometimes dont hear back at all or for 2 days and can lose out on some BIN or auctions.

Some rare CV homebrews just popped up on eBay. This one is particularly interesting, given that it's one of the few I don't have in my collection yet:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209195054951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220919505495&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is this the real thing, or a replica? I'm only asking out of curiosity, because the seller is asking way too much for it, and he apparently only ships within the US. Pitty...

Luckily I already have that one that is pretty expensive. :)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Sean Kelley handled the production of the carts and labels on this one like he did with so many other early CV Homebrews.

Luc ....

Relik is great! You can trust him! ..... believe me!

There's also colecodan and NIAD wich helped me ALOT !!

Those 3 guys are nice and you can really count on them if you're looking for help! I'm sure they will be up to help you out

Eventually, I'm going to want to add this game to my personal collection. This means that whoever helps me out will have to be reimbursed at some point. I'm NOT paying 500 bucks for this homebrew. I'd be willing to go as high as 400$, but that would be my absolute maximum, not a cent more.

EDIT: And given the fact that this same seller is currently selling a copy of Alcazar which is an obvious fake (the cart, at least), I must still question how genuine that copy of Amazing Snake is...

Edited by Pixelboy

Luc ....

Those 3 guys are nice and you can really count on them if you're looking for help! I'm sure they will be up to help you out

Eventually, I'm going to want to add this game to my personal collection. This means that whoever helps me out will have to be reimbursed at some point. I'm NOT paying 500 bucks for this homebrew. I'd be willing to go as high as 400$, but that would be my absolute maximum, not a cent more.

EDIT: And given the fact that this same seller is currently selling a copy of Alcazar which is an obvious fake (the cart, at least), I must still question how genuine that copy of Amazing Snake is...

The seller is also selling a repro. Video Hustler as well as Frog Feast... which I'm not sure was ever made available in cart form by it's author, Mark2008. So obviously he has the ability to burn his own proms or knows someone that has done it for him.

If you look closely, you will also see Sean Kelley's 64-in-1 ColecoVision MultiCart in a couple of the auction pics. Wonder if he'll auction that one as well.

Luc ....

Well if it is a fake then mine is too. Mine looks exactly like that one so I would say he has the ability to reproduce things but it looks exactly like mine the box and the cart are identical.

Back of the box says game concept is property of Serge-Eric Tremblay (S.E.T)

Programming support : Daniel Bienvenu

Label and box desing(sp from box) by: Yannick Proulx

Copyright 2001

By the way I think when I bought this I sent a message to daniel asking if these were created and I believe he said they were. It was a long time ago though so don't remember exactly what he said.

Luc ....

The seller is also selling a repro. Video Hustler as well as Frog Feast... which I'm not sure was ever made available in cart form by it's author, Mark2008. So obviously he has the ability to burn his own proms or knows someone that has done it for him.

If you look closely, you will also see Sean Kelley's 64-in-1 ColecoVision MultiCart in a couple of the auction pics. Wonder if he'll auction that one as well.

I know of 3 copies of Frog Feast counting mine. I can't remember were I got mine. Troy has one, he may remember.

The Alcazar cart label looks like one sold by ecoleco back years ago, but it is no longer sold.

Amazing Snake was released in 2001 by S.E.T (Serge-Éric Tremblay).

What was up with those black labels? I've seen many over the years on different games like Mind Master, Yolk on you, video huster, and Porky's. I always wondered about them.

I do not have Frog Feast and the several people that I got these hard to get games never said they had frog feast so I would question that one as well but you never know. The only way to know for sure is if the guy that created the game chimed in and said yeah I created a couple of carts.

All those labels were made by me for a member here krualgiz (he don't come here anymore)

I made them and he decided to sell all them over ebay some years ago

I have those labels here somewhere .....