IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

This looked interesting:

Time Pilot with an "Advance Review Cartridge" label. Kind of looks like a Telegames label.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2209619702251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220961970225&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This subject has been brought up a number of times, recently, on this forum including in this thread. Indeed, it is a TeleGames UK production that was originally packaged in a blister pack and also eventually were sold by TeleGames USA as well.

Bump 'n' Jump was also released in this style and quite possibly some other Coleco made games. I have never seen any 3rd Party company games released in this style.

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

Someone trying to pass off a reproduction box creation as the real deal had to happen sooner or later and I am a little surprised that it took this long. Let's see:

:arrow: Phatty Repro Box = $12.50

:arrow: DK Cart with Manual = $5.00 (on the high end)

:arrow: Beamrider CIB = $15.00

For a grand total of $32.50 and the winning bid ended at $96 plus shipping! Hope the winning bidder frequents these forums and sees this thread so that he can have his bid canceled.

I'm sure some of you have spotted this auction with what looks like to be a genuine CIB Donkey Kong in excellent condition (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2906749617251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290674961725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). Today I contacted the seller to see if it was an original or reproduction box. He stated that he was not home and so could not check for certain but believed it was a reproduction.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know - I'd hate for someone on AA to lose their shirt bidding high for what turns out to be a repro box. Then again it might be original - aggghhhh!!!!!

Oooooohhh - just realised I have now passed the 1,000 post mark :)

Someone trying to pass off a reproduction box creation as the real deal had to happen sooner or later and I am a little surprised that it took this long. Let's see:

:arrow: Phatty Repro Box = $12.50

:arrow: DK Cart with Manual = $5.00 (on the high end)

:arrow: Beamrider CIB = $15.00

For a grand total of $32.50 and the winning bid ended at $96 plus shipping! Hope the winning bidder frequents these forums and sees this thread so that he can have his bid canceled.

...dishonest F&ck Priceless!

WANTED!

CIB French Canadian games

and

CIB CBS Model 1 games

So I guess the updated CBS Electronics section of the Rarity List has spurned your interest in these titles :twisted: ! I. too, prefer the CBS Model 1 boxes, but they rarely show up CIB (in good condition) on our side of the big pond. Might have to see if one of the European members would be willing to act as a go between to save on shipping just one or two at a time.

BTW, there are a number of CBS releases that were not made in the Model 1 style, so you'll have to expand your horizons a little to get a complete CBS collection. ;)

did supergun get it or did someone else?

Whoever got it, they definetly earned it. If he did, I would venture a guess that the Box would cost you about $500 to buy from him.

Come on I told you when I want something I get it. Do you really think one of the only CIB that I do not have was going to get away? ;)

I had to join a snipping company to make sure I won it because I was in Austria and was sure I would not have access to try and get it. Got love the snipping company!!!

Almost done with the collection baby :)

AH!!! I should have kept better track of the last couple CIB games that you need as I thought you had this one already. Congrats on the pickup and getting one step closer.

BTW, I was contacted by the seller on Thursday that he hadn't recieved payment for the game yet and was opening up a case so that he could "2nd chance" it. Just a heads-up if you haven't sent payment yet... which I'm sure you have seeing that you're back on here after what had to be an incredible vacation.

Yeah I emailed him before I left that if I won I wouldn't get back into town until yesterday and he said no problem I will wait til you get back. I guess he forgot because he sent all kinds of nasty emails all week long. I emailed him yesterday to remind him who I was and that I didn't understand why he got so upset. I also paid yesterday. I got lucky because he tried to cancel the sale and ebay said he had to wait until the 28th before it would be cancelled. I guess my pre email to make sure everything was ok ended up not doing any good.

In fact, I don't have any problem with repros but seller(s) MUST state that is a repro

A dishonest seller ain't gonna say a f&%kin' thing when they can turn $10 into $100

I was afraid that these boxes were going to spur this on. I think the future boxes need more than just that tiny disclaimer at the back of the box. Just something big on the front that you can easily see from a bad picture.

did supergun get it or did someone else?

Whoever got it, they definetly earned it. If he did, I would venture a guess that the Box would cost you about $500 to buy from him.

Come on I told you when I want something I get it. Do you really think one of the only CIB that I do not have was going to get away? ;)

I had to join a snipping company to make sure I won it because I was in Austria and was sure I would not have access to try and get it. Got love the snipping company!!!

Almost done with the collection baby :)

AH!!! I should have kept better track of the last couple CIB games that you need as I thought you had this one already. Congrats on the pickup and getting one step closer.

BTW, I was contacted by the seller on Thursday that he hadn't recieved payment for the game yet and was opening up a case so that he could "2nd chance" it. Just a heads-up if you haven't sent payment yet... which I'm sure you have seeing that you're back on here after what had to be an incredible vacation.

Yeah I emailed him before I left that if I won I wouldn't get back into town until yesterday and he said no problem I will wait til you get back. I guess he forgot because he sent all kinds of nasty emails all week long. I emailed him yesterday to remind him who I was and that I didn't understand why he got so upset. I also paid yesterday. I got lucky because he tried to cancel the sale and ebay said he had to wait until the 28th before it would be cancelled. I guess my pre email to make sure everything was ok ended up not doing any good.

The seller probably got a little nervous and wanted to make sure he collected that hefty sum of cash from one of the top bidders. That's still no excuse especially after you had emailed him prior to the auction end explaining your situation and if you won that things would be taken care of when you returned.

Got my Boulder Dash today :) Works perfectly and looks awesome in my colecovision shelves. Now that I see that awesome spanish version of Super Action Football(Soccer) that Luc showed us I guess that is my next cornerstone to achieve ;)

Congrats Dan! Glad to hear that it arrived safely and that it is indeed a working cart. So you are down to three more original releases?

As far as Super Action Football (Soccer), the one that you will really want is the UK release that was made in a cardboard box. There is an authentic CBS style cart version up for auction currently, but sadly no box or instructions.

post-25956-0-19312500-1330734543_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-71498300-1330734548_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-93217800-1330734554.png

• Like 1

Yeah I already have the cart that is easy to get. It was selling for like $6 a cart. They have no idea it is soccer because they accidentally sent me the american version and I had to tell them I wanted the one in the picture and then they sent me that one :) Anyway, good to know about the UK release, I definately like the cardboard better.

I only need 4 CIB and 5 CIB if you count the Soccer. Xenox Motorcross, 3 Xenox Double Enders. Never thought I would get the Boulder Dash though so I guess it is possible to find these as well. :)

Got my Boulder Dash today :) Works perfectly and looks awesome in my colecovision shelves. Now that I see that awesome spanish version of Super Action Football(Soccer) that Luc showed us I guess that is my next cornerstone to achieve ;)

Congrats Dan! Glad to hear that it arrived safely and that it is indeed a working cart. So you are down to three more original releases?

As far as Super Action Football (Soccer), the one that you will really want is the UK release that was made in a cardboard box. There is an authentic CBS style cart version up for auction currently, but sadly no box or instructions.

Ya I'm trying to find a box for this one as well :roll:

Anyone from here win this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1906457734951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190645773495&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]?

Yep I ended up with that ;):thumbsup: I just hope everything is real, but it looks real ;-):thumbsup: I just haven't ever seen that before so I figured what the hell.

The rom image demo (same version as this cart) has been available for a couple years to play thru an emulator or via one of the AtariMax multi-carts.

Anyone from here win this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1906457734951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190645773495&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]?

Yep I ended up with that ;):thumbsup: I just hope everything is real, but it looks real ;-):thumbsup: I just haven't ever seen that before so I figured what the hell.

The rom image demo (same version as this cart) has been available for a couple years to play thru an emulator or via one of the AtariMax multi-carts.

Ya I have played it before on the Ult SD but I have never seen a real copy of the game so I thought I would check it out. Hopefully the instruction manual might help me figure out what to do in the game :lol:

If PPK decide to never release it, then you'll own a one of kind homebrew for sure! :thumbsup:

Price was not bad at all too :thumbsup:

Ya I was kind of surprised, I really didn't think I would win it, but thought what the hell the bidding didn't really go to crazy. I guess its one of those times you just get lucky ;) :thumbsup:

If PPK decide to never release it, then you'll own a one of kind homebrew for sure! :thumbsup:

Ya I was kind of surprised, I really didn't think I would win it, but thought what the hell the bidding didn't really go to crazy. I guess its one of those times you just get lucky ;) :thumbsup:

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share a scan of the instruction sheet once you have it? Would be cool to play the rom and know what to do.

• Like 1

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share a scan of the instruction sheet once you have it? Would be cool to play the rom and know what to do.

No problem I'll do that for sure ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

I wonder if that one is really the only one of that game or if there is more? I never really owned a game that no one else has at all. I have some versions of games that nobody has but this is the first full game :grin: Well not full because the game wasn't finished but you know what I mean ;) It's kind of cool :cool: :thumbsup:

I only need 4 CIB and 5 CIB if you count the Soccer. Xenox Motorcross, 3 Xenox Double Enders.

I've got all the ColecoVision Xenox CIB including all double enders......Then again I have them in CIB Vic-20 as well with end covers for the Double enders. I thought the Vic-20 double ender CIB version was harder to find complete.

No problem I'll do that for sure ;) :thumbsup:

Cool - thanks - will look forward to that :)