IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Crap - looks like these likely one of a kind flyers were pulled and sold outside of eBay (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1109140596531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110914059653&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). I have a pack from 1982 and it is definitely a later version than the one in the eBay auction with mine showing the final version console and later prototype controllers (with the spinner). Gutted that this has now gone. My only consolation is that someone on AA has bought it and will share. My pack will be hosted on retroillucid's Coleco history website.

Crap - looks like these likely one of a kind flyers were pulled and sold outside of eBay (eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1109140596531?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110914059653&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]). I have a pack from 1982 and it is definitely a later version than the one in the eBay auction with mine showing the final version console and later prototype controllers (with the spinner). Gutted that this has now gone. My only consolation is that someone on AA has bought it and will share. My pack will be hosted on retroillucid's Coleco history website.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed as well to see that the auction was ended abruptly by the seller due to some side dealing. I can't blame the seller for taking the money and running, but I am pretty sure that they slit their own throat and ended up accepting A LOT LESS MONEY then if they had let the auction run it's coarse. I guesstimate that this "VERY FIRST" 1982 ColecoVision Press Kit would have easily topped $700 seeing as the last one that was on eBay (1983 early Toy Fair CV Press Kit) a month ago sold for something like $667. I've been seeing a rash of this "side-dealing" and auctions ended short of late. Oh well, think it's high time to jump on the bandwagon to at least give myself a chance to acquire some of these ultra rare items.

BTW, it was an AA member and you will be happy to learn who it was. I'll let him inform you.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this was J-F? :-D If so, at least the rest of us will get to see the contents.

I very much hope it's J-F. I was worried that it would be ColecoVision Zone and scans would appear with horrible watermarks, or worse a collector who wasn't going to share any images of the kit.

• Like 1

Here is a one of a kind auction on eBay...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1508561781561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150856178156&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well, it's actually mine and I assembled this ADAM Software package to show off the incredible ADAM Disk Labels and Disk Sleeves that were produced by PBoland and made available a couple months ago.

The one drawback is that I needed to set a Reserve Price in order to protect my investment... labels, sleeves and disk costs as well as lots of time play testing all the games (even though that ended up being fun). Happy Bidding!

Good job on your sale :-D:thumbsup: NIAD where you happy with price? I don't know how much it cost you to have the labels made and everything, but I would think you made some money :party: .

Edited by RelliK111

Good job on your sale :-D :thumbsup: NIAD where you happy with price? I don't know how much it cost you to have the labels made and everything, but I would think you made some money :party: .

Thanks Relik. As far as making any money, that wasn't the plan from the get go. I was hoping to show off PBoland's fabulous work and expecting to get some inquiries as to the were to buy the labels and disk sleeves and then I could refer them to the thread on here for all the information. So far, I've only had one person ask me about them even though there were a lot of listing views and watchers. :_(

Considering what I paid for the labels, disk sleeves, NOS 5 1/4" disks, eBay listing (reserve set), eBay and PayPal fees, shipping Priority with Insurance and Del. Conf. and the time I spent running off the copies and testing them thoroughly... I made all my money back and a small profit. I probably would have been better served to auction/sell each one individually, maybe I'll do this if I make up another batch.

Oh yeah, thanks Chuys450 for buying them. I'll include something else in the package that I hope you will enjoy.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2

Good job on your sale :-D :thumbsup: NIAD where you happy with price? I don't know how much it cost you to have the labels made and everything, but I would think you made some money :party: .

Thanks Relik. As far as making any money, that wasn't the plan from the get go. I was hoping to show off PBoland's fabulous work and expecting to get some inquiries as to the were to buy the labels and disk sleeves and then I could refer them to the thread on here for all the information. So far, I've only had one person ask me about them even though there were a lot of listing views and watchers. :_(

Considering what I paid for the labels, disk sleeves, NOS 5 1/4" disks, eBay listing (reserve set), eBay and PayPal fees, shipping Priority with Insurance and Del. Conf. and the time I spent running off the copies and testing them thoroughly... I made all my money back and a small profit. I probably would have been better served to auction/sell each one individually, maybe I'll do this if I make up another batch.

Oh yeah, thanks Chuys450 for buying them. I'll include something else in the package that I hope you will enjoy.

I thought that auction looked really good. :-D

Nobody's contacted me with more orders. :_( Maybe people just want to buy them already complete? Who knows. Anyway, let me know if you need more labels and sleeves for more auctions. :)

• Like 1

Nobody's contacted me with more orders. :_( Maybe people just want to buy them already complete? Who knows. Anyway, let me know if you need more labels and sleeves for more auctions. :)

Indeed, the pics from the auction looked very sexy! Although I purposely didn't get too close so that all the text wasn't legible preventing some creative types out there from trying to copy all our hard work (mostly your's). I did just get another inquiry about making up another set and will give this some thought, although I don't think I would test each disk out again because then I end up playing them for hours. I'll let you know what I decide.

Tell you what, for any AtariAge members, if you are interested in a set of ADAM game disks like the one just auctioned off on eBay, send me a PM. If there is enough interest, it might stimulate me to crank out a bunch of sets. What I think I would prefer to do is have the buyer purchase the blank disks and mailed to me directly. Anyhow, let me know what you think via PM if you are interested.

I could even include the remaining ADAM game titles from Coleco and Sydney that were not included in this auction seeing as the labels haven't been made yet. This way, you will have the copies on disk when and if PBoland has the time to make them.

Edited by NIAD

If I ever get myself a ADAM I will want some but I really don't know when that will be.

Is this a box variant? I've never seen it before. Maybe the stores, or Coleco just stuck a sticker on near the end of the run, as I see that it has white controllers instead of black.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2008006279141?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200800627914&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The box with wrap around sticker struck me as being very odd seeing as the big yellow explosion splash at the bottom right of the box states that Donkey Kong is included... kind of redundant and a waist of money to put that sticker on the box. I wonder if this was a refurbished system and the refurbished sticker was covered or damage from removing it was covered with this sticker. It could have been added by whatever store or wholesaler purchased these systems as well, but again, very redundant.

Hard to say about the ADAM beige controllers. During the big dump/purge/sell off, Coleco did included these beige colored controllers with the CV, but the owner could have replaced non-functioning black controllers with these beige ones.

Edited by NIAD

If you have been looking for a Canadian power supply, I believe that this auction includes one. I can't say with 100% certainty, but it does look as though the PS has "feet." Plus, the seller mentions something about a bilingual box. Only $85 BIN before shipping, CIB. Shouldn't last long.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2210908230941?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221090823094&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm assuming this was J-F? :-D If so, at least the rest of us will get to see the contents.

I very much hope it's J-F. I was worried that it would be ColecoVision Zone and scans would appear with horrible watermarks, or worse a collector who wasn't going to share any images of the kit.

I received a delivery notice 2 weeks ago (almost 3) ... When I did go to post office, they told me my package was not here....

4 days later, I get back to post office and they told me my package was apparently lost! :(

Some days later, I contacted the seller to ask him if he had news about it or better... Having a tracking#

The seller told me he got back the package and will re-send it to me.

Today, I got it!! :D

There's pictures of Dimensional Puzzles cartridge, Head to Head Baseball, football and also Las Vegas cartridge

Pretty cool...... I will post pics later

• Like 1

I received a delivery notice 2 weeks ago (almost 3) ... When I did go to post office, they told me my package was not here....

4 days later, I get back to post office and they told me my package was apparently lost! :(

Some days later, I contacted the seller to ask him if he had news about it or better... Having a tracking#

The seller told me he got back the package and will re-send it to me.

Today, I got it!! :D

There's pictures of Dimensional Puzzles cartridge, Head to Head Baseball, football and also Las Vegas cartridge

Pretty cool...... I will post pics later

Hi JF I sent you a PM just in case you missed it ;)