IGNORED

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

newcoleco

Hi,

I will let everyone know when the release version is ready. Daniel is still tuning the boss and some other details of the game. So as much as he wants it to be finished, it is still changing on a daily basis.

In other news, I've been working with my printer on the box. We have a new die made, and the boxes will be printed and cut tomorrow, assuming I get the artwork in on time. So lots of little details to resolve still.

Once the game is completely done, I will begin burning eproms as well as work on the manual.

NIAD may well be correct that the game won't be ready to ship before the end of the month, but I am certainly happy to ship it when all of the components are ready.

• Like 1

Hi,

I will let everyone know when the release version is ready. Daniel is still tuning the boss and some other details of the game. So as much as he wants it to be finished, it is still changing on a daily basis.

In other news, I've been working with my printer on the box. We have a new die made, and the boxes will be printed and cut tomorrow, assuming I get the artwork in on time. So lots of little details to resolve still.

Once the game is completely done, I will begin burning eproms as well as work on the manual.

NIAD may well be correct that the game won't be ready to ship before the end of the month, but I am certainly happy to ship it when all of the components are ready.

Cool Thanks for the update! and are you going to let us know who the 5 winners are of the black carts?

Thanks for the update concerning the eventual release of Flora.

As we all learned from Coleco with the run-up to the release of the ADAM Computer... it's just not worth setting a concrete deadline for a release as it usually ends up being detrimental to the said product as well as those that are working on the project. Afterall, even though it's a lot of work on your guy's part, you still want to make it as enjoyable an experience as you can that will make the finished product that much more gratifying.

Anyway, the majority of us have been diehard ColecoVision and ADAM fans for over 30 years and aren't going anywhere, so I don't think you will lose any sales with a later than hoped release. Plus, this will allow everyone time to recoup a little bit from all the recent and soon to be released games. :-o

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

Oh, the post office was quick, and delivered the smokey blue cartridge shells yesterday. Two days is lickety split since Luc's last package to me took 6 days I believe. So that's one more component ready.

I submitted the box design this morning. I dropped by the printer to see how it was progressing later in the morning, and it looked promising. I can't wait to see how it turned out. Tomorrow I guess. Maybe after I repair my spontaneous flat tire in the morning.

Quick news : The lucky ones for the pre-released version will be revealed friday morning, If any decide to not get the pre-released version then his/her copy will be for sale on eBay later. The labels for the cartridges will be ready fridaydec 21 pm or monday dec 24... I can't go faster than that.

• Like 2

So just to clarify (I had to read this twice) what you are saying is that if the person(s) who have the opportunity to get the pre-release PASS on it, then those Pre-release games will be auctioned. This has nothing to do with the standard official release.

I was worried the first time I read it thinking that non-pre-release standards would be available via eBay only, and as I understand it that is not the case.

Just making that clarification in case the wording confuses anyone else.

Thanks,

AX

When the CIB full version is ready to order, there will be 100 available, probably in batches -- as I've done with previous games. I will fulfill all of the pre-orders first though at a special ordering page on my website. Now I got the box back today from the printer:

post-16511-0-13785700-1356058046_thumb.jpg

It turned out alright. I should have spent more time with the ColecoVision stripe on the bottom-right corner. I will make my next design nicer for the next box design, for Reckless Wizard and Super Action Bowling.

I was worried about cracking, but the printer was right -- when the box is scored properly, the printing is unaffected by folding. The Jeepers Creepers boxes that I have been sending out are not as nice as these boxes, in my opinion.

The other thing I'm thinking of trying for the next two titles, is adding a UV coating to the box. If I have time, I will do this for sure. It adds a little to the cost and a week to the printing time, but it also makes the box a little more durable and of course it makes the box shiny.

So now you know.

• Like 8

Well I used clothes pins for the Jeepers Creepers boxes. I am hoping to find a better technique for Flora. I believe that Luc said that he uses Encyclopedias to help with his gluing. I'm sure I could try that for Flora. A non-scratching technique is always a good plan. But cloth seemed like it would get glue on it. I printed a couple of extra boxes so that I can experiment and try to find the best technique.

Yeah, one benefit of the UV coating is that it protects the image from fading for sure. Or from yellowing. That's really what I mean by more durable I suppose.

When the CIB full version is ready to order, there will be 100 available, probably in batches -- as I've done with previous games. I will fulfill all of the pre-orders first though at a special ordering page on my website. Now I got the box back today from the printer:

post-16511-0-13785700-1356058046_thumb.jpg

It turned out alright. I should have spent more time with the ColecoVision stripe on the bottom-right corner. I will make my next design nicer for the next box design, for Reckless Wizard and Super Action Bowling.

I was worried about cracking, but the printer was right -- when the box is scored properly, the printing is unaffected by folding. The Jeepers Creepers boxes that I have been sending out are not as nice as these boxes, in my opinion.

The other thing I'm thinking of trying for the next two titles, is adding a UV coating to the box. If I have time, I will do this for sure. It adds a little to the cost and a week to the printing time, but it also makes the box a little more durable and of course it makes the box shiny.

So now you know.

Holy... this looks amazing! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well I used clothes pins for the Jeepers Creepers boxes. I am hoping to find a better technique for Flora. I believe that Luc said that he uses Encyclopedias to help with his gluing.

Encyclopedias...? :? I just take my time and use a piece of wood to press down on the inside of the box. :)

Encyclopedias...? :? I just take my time and use a piece of wood to press down on the inside of the box. :)
Well something smooth and heavy. Maybe I didn't absorb all of your instructions properly. Sometimes I'm better with something written since I can read it again and again. Encyclopedias are made of paper which in turn is made of wood, FWIW. So it is sort of the same idea. :D Edited by hardhat

Well something smooth and heavy. Maybe I didn't absorb all of your instructions properly. Sometimes I'm better with something written since I can read it again and again. Encyclopedias are made of paper which in turn is made of wood, FWIW. So it is sort of the same idea. :D

LOL! The idea is to glue the boxes together, Dale, not to crush them under untolerable weight. :lol:

Oh, wait, I think I know what you're referring to! It's not the boxes I use encyclopedias for, it's the manuals. Because I use glossy paper, the manuals tend to "unbend" and that makes them hard to insert into the boxes (along with the styrofoam inserts). So I take a stack of my manuals and put something heavy on them (like a dictionary or a phone book) for a few days and that helps to keep them flat until the day I insert them into the boxes.

I didn't know a box of wood would work so well, I see a home made wood clamp being very good (2 pieces of wood with a bolt on one end) as it would evenly press along the length of the box. Perhaps line the wood with felt if you worried about it scratching the box.

I just amazed at the effort and million little things it takes to make a finished product.

I didn't know a box of wood would work so well, I see a home made wood clamp being very good (2 pieces of wood with a bolt on one end) as it would evenly press along the length of the box. Perhaps line the wood with felt if you worried about it scratching the box.

I just amazed at the effort and million little things it takes to make a finished product.

Actually, I use one of those wooden sticks that they give for free with gallons of paint at the hardware store. I slice off a part of the wood so that it is the same width as the side of the cardboard box. I have developed quite a technique for glueing my boxes together. Placing the wooden stick inside the glued box and pressing down for a minute or two (to make sure the glue bonds both pieces of cardboard together along the entire height of the box) is only one of the steps in the process. :)