IGNORED

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

newcoleco

When I drew Flora I asked first Gabi to send me samples of female shamans (at first Flora was supposed to be a shaman, not a fairy) and she sent me pictures of fairies and one of the pictures reminded me of an old tv commercial (Olay?, Neet (now called Veet)?). So I mixed the two ideas and I made Flora the way she looks now.

One of the fairies Gabi sent me, you can see some similarities already.

post-3651-0-04910200-1374731467_thumb.jpgpost-3651-0-04805100-1374731897_thumb.png

When it was time to make a label and poster, I asked Tobi to help me out and he made the hi-res pictures

So I guess Flora is a cousin of this gal? :D

post-7743-0-40177800-1375167927_thumb.png

• Like 1

Okay, so I made good progress on the first batch of 30 Flora and the Ghost Mirror cartridges CIB over the weekend. I just have a couple of little things to finish, and then I'll post here how to order, with the CIBs to be shipped out next week. Once those are shipped I'll be making a second batch.

So I've been thinking of putting out deluxe collectors editions that are R10. For Ghost Mirror I was thinking I'd have a large poster if Flora, and the cartridge would contain an LED that makes it glow in the cartridge slot. For GhostBlaster, I was again thinking a green LED in the cartridge to make it glow more than usual one, a clear box with a custom sticker, and a baked clay model of the hero himself. For Jeepers Creepers I was thinking of making the eyes glow on the Monster on the label. I would do this for all of the cartridges but it is too much work. So by making them rare, I can still do something special for each one. I'm not sure how to price them so I was thinking of selling them on ebay, maybe one every couple of weeks or something. I could always try it and see what happens I guess. I'm not sure how I'd make my upcoming games Reckless Wizard, SA Bowling and Dracula deluxe editions, but there are surely ways.

The money would go towards the die, which is used to cut the boxes, and I'd like to make a folded cardboard insert in the style of the original Coleco boxes, which would need a second die.

Edited by hardhat
  • Like 2

For GhostBlaster, I was again thinking a green LED in the cartridge to make it glow more than usual one, a clear box with a custom sticker, and a baked clay model of the hero himself. For Jeepers Creepers I was thinking of making the eyes glow on the Monster on the label. I would do this for all of the cartridges but it is too much work. The money would go towards the die, which is used to cut the boxes, and I'd like to make a folded cardboard insert in the style of the original Coleco boxes, which would need a second die.

:-o

Waouhhou!... I would love to have that ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I've finally got a little time off work on Tuesday, and I should be able to clean up the missing build components and finally start taking orders of the CIB version of this. So look for an announcement, a PM, an email and so on this week.

• Like 5

Just a quick update. I've finally got a little time off work on Tuesday, and I should be able to clean up the missing build components and finally start taking orders of the CIB version of this. So look for an announcement, a PM, an email and so on this week.

I'd be interested in a CIB copy :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Any update this week?

Edited by TMOSteel

• 1 month later...

Thanks Daniel for the update.

Sometimes a simple posting like this is very helpful when you have ordered something and haven't heard anything for a few days/weeks/longer

(Heck I paid for an item 2 years ago and the publisher has kept in contact with those waiting with update... extreme perhaps but the key is communication)

Dale - work/family is a priority - take care of those first. We can enjoy Daniels work a little further down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

NEWS #1 : Dale promised me to start shipping this month. Great!

NEWS #2 : For emulator and mostly for AtariMax Coleco SD cart users, I've put together a special edition of the game ROM file, plus pure text instructions, plus an image (pc format) in a ZIP file... and it's on a digital distribution web site. This will be my first attempt to digital distribution of one of my games, more to come if any interest in this type of quick and easy distribution. Side note : some fees are taken away from all transactions, I'm getting at best $4 per sale.

ColecoVision - Flora and the Ghost Mirror - Rom File Edition

Special : "80 Cents Save Coupon" : MYWXR6WSEE

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...