IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I got my Nanopeb a month ago, works fine. If You have a black/silver console, be careful as the pcb is very close to touching the metal part of the cabinet.

I put a strip of insulating tape there just in case.

Speaking of cases it could obviously do with one, You have to be careful where You push or pull when attaching and removing it.

I got the V1 model with the slower but reportedly more compatible uart (Genuine TI chip)

Haven't figured yet why I would need to use the rs232 port as I can just plug the cf card into my PC and modify the contents there.

I realise however that others need that though.

The only game I cannot find on Disk version is Alpiner, would be awesome if someone could convert if at all possible.

Edited by Imperious

if the old guy who outbid me on my ice blue cartridge is reading this, you are on my poo poo list!

"They" have been on my list before, too... I never got the feeling "they" care ;)

I cannot see that the "neat" factor is worth more than the current bid.

if the old guy who outbid me on my ice blue cartridge is reading this, you are on my poo poo list!

Sorry Sissy, I did not know it was you.

I cannot see that the "neat" factor is worth more than the current bid.

Yeah, the $20.01 is me, if anyone really want's it that bad, it's theirs, I'm at my max.

Sorry Sissy, I did not know it was you.

Yeah, the $20.01 is me, if anyone really want's it that bad, it's theirs, I'm at my max.

You know, since we have officially adopted Sissy, maybe some kind soul -- "old men" I believe she called us? -- would pick it up and gift it to her (English: where every word can be a verb.)

Or at least take pictures once it arrives and rub her nose in it! :P

• Like 1

Or I could just buy some clear plastic mix and some blue dye and make her a few of them using my cartridge molds. . .the one up for sale was a test casting made by Gregg to make sure they would work when he made the molds for me. Right now, I only have one option: BLACK, as that was the color I bought when I started the project to make cases.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 2

Or I could just buy some clear plastic mix and some blue dye and make her a few of them using my cartridge molds. . .the one up for sale was a test casting made by Gregg to make sure they would work when he made the molds for me. Right now, I only have one option: BLACK, as that was the color I bought when I started the project to make cases.

Who invited the party-pooper? OTOH, you saying you might make some new carts from your molds?

• Like 1

Who invited the party-pooper? OTOH, you saying you might make some new carts from your molds?

THAT would indeed be cool! I'd like a 'smoked glass' look. Black, like the console, but with just enough transparency to see the internals.

It would be PERFECT for Super Cart's too as the LED could stay totally internal.

• Like 1

I'll take 10 clear plastic cases when they're available. Possibly more, depending on the cost. Game on!

• Like 2

HOLY FREAKING COW!

Now is the time to buy a TI!

One of our own Atari Age members (Dano) has THE BEST damn TI-Super System I've EVER seen on eBay up for sale!

If you ever wanted a "TOTAL SYSTEM", and I mean TOTAL, P-Box, Dual half-height drives, even an HDX card!!

It also comes with a Super Cart, and tons of other stuff >> CHECK THIS OUT <<

$_57.JPG

He has LOTS of different photos to look at and an in-depth description of everything you are getting.

If I didn't already have two P-Boxes I would not be telling you about this, because I would be bidding on it myself! :)

Also in full-disclosure, he's a friend of mine and I've purchased things from him before, so you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 3

That is a beaut. The disk labels are pretty cool, too.

Yeah, he's a bit of a perfectionist. Whoever wins will be real happy. It's not every day you can get a complete ready-to-go system with enhancements. It'll be fun to watch the bidding near the end, because just the HDX and Super Cart are worth more than the opening bid alone.

His auction did remind me of one thing I need to do to my systems though, when I upgraded my video, I forgot to do the alpha lock keyboard fix.

Is he leaving the TI community? I hope it's picked up by someone who wants to use the system, not just resell it for profit later.

It's really tempting as a backup system.

No, he's not leaving the community, but he has so much TI stuff he wants to thin it out a little...

If you've ever looked at the "Photos's of Users Systems" on the Yahoo site, you'll have see this photo of his system. I guess he figures using three TI's at one time is enough, :)

post-35324-0-23554500-1395331901_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No, he's not leaving the community, but he has so much TI stuff he wants to thin it out a little...

If you've ever looked at the "Photos's of Users Systems" on the Yahoo site, you'll have see this photo of his system. I guess he figures using three TI's at one time is enough, :)

And I thought I was doing well getting my first PEB-looks like I have a little catching up to do :(

Yes, three systems is excessive, no doubt about it. Thin out is definitely the goal here. I've acquired too much stuff over the years and it's cramping my quarters (which are next to none to begin with). And I need to use any funds towards getting my car back on the road again.

So, I'm not leaving the community. Matter of fact, I hope to participate more! I really do enjoy the forums but, I've got so many things going on at once, that I don't get to be involved nearly as much as I'd like to.

BTW: That's an old picture of my setup. Here's an updated one. Sorry bout that bad lighting... room with no light makes it tough.

post-30710-0-27926300-1395356937_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hah! I did the SmartUPS 4U-sized (looks like a 2200) UPS. Showing like 40% load, no less!!

hehe, actually it's a 1400. It's only utilizing 2 of the 4 battery slots. I've since swapped it out with the desktop 1400 version I have. Fit's a little nicer on the desk plus it has feet!

Oh, and actually, that's probably only showing 20% load because there are five LED's and I can only seem to draw up to two LED's worth - even with everything turned on! Maybe I should throw another PEB on there and see what happens... LOL

Yes, three systems is excessive, no doubt about it. Thin out is definitely the goal here. I've acquired too much stuff over the years and it's cramping my quarters (which are next to none to begin with). And I need to use any funds towards getting my car back on the road again.

So, I'm not leaving the community. Matter of fact, I hope to participate more! I really do enjoy the forums but, I've got so many things going on at once, that I don't get to be involved nearly as much as I'd like to.

BTW: That's an old picture of my setup. Here's an updated one. Sorry bout that bad lighting... room with no light makes it tough.

Looks much better!