IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Ack! You did not leave any clearing around the ventilation holes for your UPS! Mine gets hot as hell (both my 1000 and 1500, same form factor -- I miss my 1400RM2U.) But all my stuff is going on my rack. Slowly but surely. I have decided I am going to put my 128D up there, as well. Mind you, a lot of this is on hold while I clean the rest of the room.

UPS, those are nothing, little toys, here is my baby:

DR-UPS.jpg

Label says 2.1kw, but the transformer inside been upgraded to 3.5kw, and those 4 marine batteries, can keep up two tv's, two computers with monitors, and lightbuibs in house running with other little gadgets for up to 8 hours.

Edited by Gary from OPA

Ack! You did not leave any clearing around the ventilation holes for your UPS! Mine gets hot as hell (both my 1000 and 1500, same form factor -- I miss my 1400RM2U.) But all my stuff is going on my rack. Slowly but surely. I have decided I am going to put my 128D up there, as well. Mind you, a lot of this is on hold while I clean the rest of the room.

It's hard to tell but I did actually leave a fair amount of space free around it to breathe , minimum of 1.5" all the way around. You have to take in to account that my computer room is in the basement and never see's over 60F, so I've never even heard the fan kick in unless the UPS is in test mode or power actually fails and it's on battery for an extended time.

The nicest thing about the SmartUPS's are the networking ability and power monitoring. I can web browse into it and check logs of my power conditioning at any moment.

I had a super nice rack that I had everything housed in but that all went away when the house went away. It even had the mounting brackets for A/C in the top of it. Looked completely out of place in my house but it was cool as heck when the lights were off and the LED's were blinking away. Made throwing parties a lot of fun, LOL!

-Dano

DR-UPS.jpg

Label says 2.1kw, but the transformer inside been upgraded to 3.5kw, and those 4 marine batteries, can keep up two tv's, two computers with monitors, and lightbuibs in house running with other little gadgets for up to 8 hours.

Looks a lot like some solar setups I've worked with. You definitely have some battery time there!

-Dano

Looks a lot like some solar setups I've worked with. You definitely have some battery time there!

-Dano

All is relative! I know one guy who would say, it's not much better that a set of AAA batteries. (yes he was a snob) He only got excited when he saw a set of 24 golf cart batteries in a series/parallel arrangement.

Now THIS is backup power!

Datacenter_Backup_Batteries.jpg

All is relative! I know one guy who would say, it's not much better that a set of AAA batteries. (yes he was a snob) He only got excited when he saw a set of 24 golf cart batteries in a series/parallel arrangement.

Now THIS is backup power!

I got some catching up to do. -- That picture looks like one of backup racks for a telecom switch/server room to keep your phones working during a blackout.

Lucky for me I only need a few hours, we have here where I live two random rolling 5 hour blackouts per day, so that is enough time to keep me up and online, but looking at investing in soon with 8 brand-new batteries, that should be enough to keep me online for a whole day, as these ones I have now are old and getting used-up and weak now.

Expensive when all is said and done! LOL

-Dano

Yeah, no kidding on price. The power here has only gone out for about 8 hours in the past year, so I'm not sure what I'd use one for. My main computer is a laptop, so that's not an issue and to be honest, if the power in the area went out, I'm not sure if my DSL would still be operating. If so, a small unit might come in handy for the router and a small lamp. But when I go to ebay and type in UPS...

<< SEARCH RESULTS >>

I'd only need a small unit, and I'd want to pay a decent price, but have no clue what units are reliable and which are junk.

I lucked out on my UPS acquisitions. Being that I work in the networking field and am constantly in network closets. UPS installs, and replacement, is a common occurrence and fortunately for me, replacing the batteries in a corporate environment didn't seem acceptable (even though I recommended it). So, they buy a new one(s), toss the old one and I ask, "do mind if I keep your old UPS? Nah, no problem take it away, it'll save us from disposing it properly." And, I end up with more UPS's than I know what to do with. At one point in time, I had every single electronic device on UPS at my house.

Funny but true story; I was outside doing yard work and decided to crank up the stereo and hop in the pool to cool off and relax after I was done. When it's 110F outside (Phoenix summer) I can determine my sun exposure by how often the A/C unit cycles and knowing at 110F and higher the A/C unit cycles about every 45-60 minutes. So, as I lay in the pool listening to my tunes I noticed it seemed like it had been much longer than 45 minutes since the last A/C cycle. Come to find out, I had no idea that power had failed for four hours but never noticed because I was outside the whole time and my stereo was still blaring without missing a beat. And mind you, my computer (in a rack with other systems, network, internet, etc, etc) was streaming the music to the stereo the whole time too. It was quite cool (not literally) that I never even noticed and was enjoying the heck out of myself the whole time (well, maybe not the yardwork part)! LOL

Ahh, those days, I miss 'em! Now, not only do I not have a pool, I'm in a location that never stop f*cking raining.... sigh... can't wait to get back to sunny climate again.

Cheers!

-Dano

Scary is that this guy has sold two of them over the past two years at this kind of inflated prices--one for $2,100 and the other for $1,800. The cheaper one was sold in early 2013. . .

hrmmmmm far be it from me to question the authenticity of those sales...

Just takes the right person to with the right amount of cash burning a hole in their pocket, and some time. (I envision a rich kid - mostly cuz I'm not)

You know, like that Mustang sitting in grandma's garage, eventually it'll be worth more than the $1,500 she paid for it in 1965.

I can guarantee if I had $2,800 burning a hole in my pocket it would be getting me a new transmission and some Michelin Pilot Sport 2's tires @ $300 a pop. Then, I'd be out with the top down searching for a winding backroad to blaze through. LOL

Cheers!

-Dano

DR-UPS.jpg

I've got one of these:

generator

I installed a 50 amp socket on the side of my house near the garage and ran a #6 wire feed from it to my circuit breaker panel. It runs almost the whole house with the exception of the clothes dryer and the oven. Came in real handy this winter when the power went out for three days in a portion of Pennsylvania because of an ice storm. Best investment I ever made.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo