IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] New Product: Aquarius 32K RAM Module

Thanks, everybody! I've added toymailman and Questarian to the list!

Love the label, a little Imagic inspiration in there!

Absolutely, along with Atari's 5200 boxes and a few other ideas I mixed in. As I said in the thread about my gatefold boxes, I really wanted something with an appropriately contemporary look, but also something that looked like a third-party product, as opposed to mimicking the original Aquarius or Intellivision package designs. This is what I finally came up with, and I'll probably use this label design as a template for most of my subsequent cartridge releases. The nice thing about the colors is that the Aquarius logo already has a nice rainbow of colors inside the roundel, so those are the same colors I used for the stripes.

The prototypes are in, and working!

32K_proto.jpg

Here's how it looks in the Mini Expander with a red LED installed:

32K_led.jpg

My other LED colors weren't bright enough, so I had to order some more. The labels and production boards are also on order, so I should finally have them all within the next two weeks.

• Like 7

It isn't very clear in the picture, but the label side is on the front of the cartridge, facing the user (which is the only way these "upside-down" shells will fit into the Aquarius cartridge slot). The light should still be visible on the sides and around the end label. I didn't want the LED shining directly into the users' eyes, so I directed it upward and tried to position it such that the label would block some of the light and reflect it back through the shell. But if the labels end up blocking too much light, I'll just keep them separate, so the users can apply them to the back of the cartridge if they wish, or leave them off completely.

• Like 1

Thanks very much! I've added you to my list! By my count, I now have three "collector's edition" cartridges left.

The new ultra-bright LEDs are finally in, but I'm still waiting on labels and boards. Both should be finished in about a week, so I'll soon be contacting those of you who have expressed interest to finalize your orders.

• Like 1

Well, the labels are finally in, and they look fantastic:

32KBlack_01.jpg32KBlack_02.jpg

I'm especially pleased at how well they work with the LEDs in the "collector's edition" cartridges:

32KClear_blue.jpg

32KClear_green.jpg

32KClear_red.jpg

32KClear_white.jpg

32KClear_yellow.jpg

The white one isn't quite as blaringly bright as this picture (taken in the dark) makes it appear; the text on the label is perfectly legible with the LED on.

At this point, all I'm waiting on are the boards, which should be here next week Thursday. In the meantime, there are still three two "collector's edition" cartridges left for anyone still thinking of getting one!

• Like 7

YES! My boards are finally in:

32kboards.jpg

Time to start building 32K modules! I've sent PMs to everyone who has expressed interest so far, so if you're still interested in a "collector's edition" module but have NOT been contacted by me yet, send me a PM. Thanks again, and I'll update everyone when the first modules are ready to ship!

• Like 7

Okay, as of this evening, all paid 32K modules (except those awaiting payment clearances or additional items) have been assembled, tested, packed, and are ready for shipment on Monday! Everyone should already have received their tracking information (check your PayPal account if you paid that way); if you have not, let me know.

At the moment, all thirty "collector's edition" modules have been spoken for. I'm still waiting on payments from a few AtariAge members, so I'll reserve their modules for them until the end of next week. Any remaining "unclaimed" modules will be made available for sale again after the 20th, either here in the Marketplace or on eBay. In the meantime, I'm also preparing an instruction manual for the modules. I'll post it here as soon as these orders are taken care of, along with some tutorials on how to make use of the extra RAM in BASIC.

The "collector's edition" 32K modules may be gone, but I can still provide plenty of regular (black shell) modules for anyone who is still interested. I've also begun listing them on eBay for those who would prefer to buy them that way.

Thank you again to everyone for your purchases! I hope all that extra memory adds to your enjoyment of the Aquarius!

• Like 5

Those labels really fit the design of the Aquarius boxes....I just put an extra bundle of those in storage (if you ever need a few more)....

Does the 32k cart ship in an Aquarius box? if so, can I see how they look together?

Thanks! It's good to know that there are a few more boxes. I'm shipping the 32K modules loose, just to keep the costs and postage to a minimum and to economize my boxes.

I initially thought to make the color bands on the labels line up with the bands on the boxes when the cartridge is placed into the box, but it didn't work out so well because the blue band (where the title needs to go) is outside of the cartridge cutout. Perhaps that's something I should have anticipated when I was designing the box artwork! I'll take some pictures of the two together later today.

I dropped off about twenty boxes at my local Post Office late this morning, so with the exception of one or two that are waiting on other things, all orders paid before Sunday afternoon have now been shipped! A few orders have come in since, and I'll have those fulfilled and shipped before the end of the week. Thanks again to everybody for making this project a success!

• Like 5