IGNORED

Miner 2049er - Solution after 32 years?

Ok. cool so that was my remain. It is not random, but it has a low probability to hit it (the odds are 1 in 128),

So still are you looking for to replicate the easter egg, although you already have a video of it ?

Yes, I saw the Enterprise in the 80's once, therefore this is for real.

So, when doing 128 jumps and saving the game before(!) the jump, everyone should be able to reproduce this scene.

But even more important things have to be done before.

Artifact list #2 for example, mainly rare tapes and software which seems to be lost in time...

:-)

Of course, this hard, too.

And there is one from Jack in 1961: "We choose to go to the moon and do the others things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

So, we can fix, no progress without being hard...

Even in the end, "Die Hard" there are many parts... ;-)

Yes, I saw the Enterprise in the 80's once, therefore this is for real.

So, when doing 128 jumps and saving the game before(!) the jump, everyone should be able to reproduce this scene.

But even more important things have to be done before.

Artifact list #2 for example, mainly rare tapes and software which seems to be lost in time...

Sorry, but still I dont follow you.

You have the movie, then you can create the animated gif... thus what is it still left ?

• 1 month later...

:-)

Hi Henrik,

Exactly what I thought. I managed that, loop after loop, but no one has seen so far beyond 10/10....

That is the goal. Under normal circumstances it is impossible. The game is at that point too fast.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but are you saying that 2049'r is too difficult to beat? It's been a while and I've gone past level 10, straight up without using the level skip.

Now Bounty Bob Strikes Back is damn near impossible :)

Hi!

Well, in the 1st you can go from 1 to 10, no problem, even today. In the 2nd loop, too. This goes on up to the 8th loop, from here the impossible begins. in the last loop, loop 10, it is impossible.

There are some hints here, but at the moment, I have not the time for this.

So, please stay tuned, the solution will come soon...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

easyrhyme has it, JAC! had helped, too. Now, the game is solved:

"

You can use cheat code:

$b7 = level # (1-10)

$b8 = zone # (1-255)

Zone 255 seems to loop forever.

"

Yes, Zone 255 starts in level 1 up to 10 and then 1 again forever.

From Zone 10, Level 10 it goes to Zone 11, Level 1.

Please set PM-Collision-Detection in Altirra to off.

post-32599-0-99917200-1439924995_thumb.jpg

post-32599-0-41724600-1439924886_thumb.jpg

post-32599-0-24732300-1439924938_thumb.jpg
When using the above RAM-shot, please use OS B system.
easyrhyme and JAC! thank you so much for solving that 32 year mystery. :-)))
One X-file less. ;-)
Edited by luckybuck

We just played Miner again in the HSC - looks like it's the third screens that are "impossible" starting on Zone 5 (tried Zone 10 same, didn't try Zones 6-9). Perhaps you someone can confirm this is the same on the real Cart. Hope we can get this fixed.

Yes, in my post #20 there is a pictures, which shows it. Just one level up. It is impossible to clear that floor.

Next month, we have the general assembly of Abbuc, where all the genius people meet each other. That is the right time for that...

So, stay tuned.

I'm still tuned!

So... ...my post above about some of the third levels being impossible - am I right? - can this be fixed? - is it just the versions I have been using - or a PAL issue. Your picture shows a tenth level that is impossible - on which Zone was that? I'll give it a go ;)

As I have written above: 10-10. That means level 10, zone 10.

In zone 1 you should be able to go through level 1 to 10. Then the game starts in zone 2, level 1. Even here you should be able to through to level 10.

Then zone 3 and so on. At zone 5-7 some(!) levels are impossible due to speed reasons. Exact this is true for 10-10. Therefore, with Altirra you can deactivate the collision detection and finish that zone, level or whatever. :-)

We just played Miner again in the HSC - looks like it's the third screens that are "impossible" starting on Zone 5 (tried Zone 10 same, didn't try Zones 6-9). Perhaps you someone can confirm this is the same on the real Cart. Hope we can get this fixed.

So we are agreed ;-) Miner 2049er does need fixing so us real hardware guys can play through from 1/1 to 10/10. It's the mutants' speeds that are the problem. Still would like confirmation if the real cart version has the same issue. I remember the tenth zone on cart had super energy jumps so there must be a different version out there to the file versions - I don't have the cart but a friend had one, pretty sure this wasn't a dream... about the cart, not having a friend :_(

:-D

Yes, you are right, where should I sign? ;-)

Fixing? You mean, Bill H. has given you the source code? If so, we would be proud to put them here:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Articles#section-Articles-SourceCodes

:) :) :) :) ;)

Cool would be a selectable speed option. Yes, it should go from Zone 1 / Level 1 to final Zone 255 / Level 10.

Long, long winter nights required.... ;-)