IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 221576312487 1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item= 221576312487 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

These gram krackers seem to go up in price every time some one post them.

Yeah, but don't be surprised if a small functional replacement arrives on scene sooner than later. When that happens, these will only be of interest to collectors of 'original stuff'. The rest of us will be buying a newer lower-priced device. This is just my opinion, but if I were I betting man, I'd be dumping mine as soon as possible too and hoping for a good price.

anyone has bought this or knows whether it contains unique content?
Content that is not on ftp.whtech.com and not on The Cyc DVD?

TI-99 Texas Instruments Computer 3800 Users Groups Newsletters DVD Archive:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-Texas-Instruments-Computer-3800-Users-Groups-Newsletters-DVD-Archive-/251660031768?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a981b5718

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2814727108081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=281472710808&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

some nice 99/4 (not a) stuff. wish he would have broke it up.

Lurker for a while now making my first post on this forum...

What do you wish he would have broken up to sell? Somewhere in storage, I have a TI-99/4 computer, monitor, and side car peripherals/disk drives like those pictured. In fact, minus the joystick & modules, it looks like my setup that I packed up many years ago. There's also an OSCAR bar code reader and some other things packed away. I tried to find my inventory list, but cannot right now.

I also have one or two Geneve's that I put in a safe place, and need to find (I have been unable to find _any_ of my disk/tape TI/Geneve media in about 20 years). I don't have a PE box any more (or any room to set one up), so I'm not sure how to test anything but the computers & peripherals.

Here's where I was trying to get guidance for my sidecar peripherals:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TI99-4A/conversations/topics/32763

If/when I find my items, I would like to get them to good homes. I was hoping to be able to find my stuff and make it to the Chicago meet, but that was not to be.

Jeff

• Like 1

Lurker for a while now making my first post on this forum...

What do you wish he would have broken up to sell? Somewhere in storage, I have a TI-99/4 computer, monitor, and side car peripherals/disk drives like those pictured. In fact, minus the joystick & modules, it looks like my setup that I packed up many years ago. There's also an OSCAR bar code reader and some other things packed away. I tried to find my inventory list, but cannot right now.

I also have one or two Geneve's that I put in a safe place, and need to find (I have been unable to find _any_ of my disk/tape TI/Geneve media in about 20 years). I don't have a PE box any more (or any room to set one up), so I'm not sure how to test anything but the computers & peripherals.

Here's where I was trying to get guidance for my sidecar peripherals:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TI99-4A/conversations/topics/32763

If/when I find my items, I would like to get them to good homes. I was hoping to be able to find my stuff and make it to the Chicago meet, but that was not to be.

Jeff

If when you find things just email or pm me and I'll make sure they have good homes..

Greg

www.arcadeshopper.com

I'm beginning to think the universe is conspiring to keep me away from Chicago this year. . .I went out to my car earlier this evening to go to a school board meeting and when my six-year-old closed his door, the rear window exploded all over him. He wasn't hurt--a good thing, but the earliest I can get it fixed (by appointment) is Friday morning (they don't expect to be finished until seven hours after I had planned to be on the road). It looks like I'll be there about the same time I showed up last year, assuming these folks get the car in order on time. . .

Yeah, but this is the entire back window. At least I was able to identify the cause today. My son tried to warn me that the window didn't look right about two seconds before it imploded. . .and I was able to find the rock that hit the window in the first place. It was a piece of concrete from the sidewalk across the street that was being taken up to be replaced yesterday. It spalled out from some piece that they were jackhammering apart with some heavy construction equipment and it spanged into my window, crazing the glass. The door colosing was just enough for the window to lose cohesiveness and collapse inward. I've got an appointment to get it fixed at 11 AM. The construction company has also agreed to pay for it, after initially denying all responsibility for it.

• Like 3

Prices for TI hardware is crazy! I think it would be nice to have anoher memory/disk controler expansion for TI. We have floppy emulator, and only thing missing is memory/disk controler.

I was trying to buy originial memory/ disk controler hardware but it is impossible to find anything with normal price. Can we try to start project to build something like that?

I know about CF7 and nano peb (I have CF7 on my TI) but I would like to have antoher one with Lotharek's floppy emulator (with normal price).

Guys?

• Like 1

Prices for TI hardware is crazy! I think it would be nice to have anoher memory/disk controler expansion for TI. We have floppy emulator, and only thing missing is memory/disk controler.

I was trying to buy originial memory/ disk controler hardware but it is impossible to find anything with normal price. Can we try to start project to build something like that?

I know about CF7 and nano peb (I have CF7 on my TI) but I would like to have antoher one with Lotharek's floppy emulator (with normal price).

Guys?

At times I've sort of wondered the same thing. The cost to benefit ratio on new equipment does make it more inviting. I've thought that if a Nano-PEB could be built and sold for the price it is, surely a SSHD or at least a new FDC that could format up to 1.44 meg drives (even with the 127 file limitation) could be developed.

Ultimately it comes down to:

Do enough people NEED or want one to make it worth the effort, or are people satisfied with what they already have.

An available developer that wants one himself, and has no other projects of his own. (Good luck on that one!)

Now very few of us have the Lotharek at this point, but I do see that number growing as disk drives wear out and it's not really worth replacing one worn out drive with another one. When newbies or returning TI'ers discover that the Lotharek is the easiest way to get software from the PC/Internet onto real hardware and that they'll save a ton of money not buying and storing boxes of diskettes, more will be sold.

Give it time, I believe it WILL happen in the few years. What I see happening is a modern re-interpretation of the Myarc HFDC, sort of a SSHD combined with an improved DSQD FDC, all on a single card that plugs neatly into the TI-PEB. I guarantee you, if people could get solid state hard drive capability with an expanded floppy controller in a single package, they'd be ripping their current controller cards out in droves, myself included.