IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

I'm hoping to record the intro podcast to my new SNES podcast this weekend, although it may be delayed depending on how busy things get here.

I've settled on a name -- The SNES Podcast. Simple, direct, does what it says on the tin. ;)

I'm going to put them on Podomatic for now and will start a new thread here when it's uploaded so as not to keep clustering up this one.

Very many special thanks to Nurmix who was nice enough to agree to put together a intro/closing song for me and Willie who is going to whip up a logo that I can use. :)

Willie also has put me in touch with a couple people who may be interested in co-hosting with me, we'll see what happens.

Normaly dislike intro episodes? I promise I'll do my best to make this one entertaining. ;) I plan to talk about my SNES memories and why I decided to do the podcast, a a little history on the system and games, the hardware and emulation options for the system and games, a special story about Super Castlevania IV, and the planned format and presentation for the podcast.

Thanks again to everyone who has encouraged and been supportive! If I can get 100 downloads/listens on this I'll be shocked. :P

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 3

So I felt inspired tonight and decided to go ahead and get this Intro episode done. :)

I'm going to make a new thread here so as not to keep clogging this one up, but I wanted to let you all know that the Intro episode of The SNES Podcast is now up for your (hopeful) listening enjoyment!

I still hate how my voice sounds. :P

Again, all feedback and comments (good and bad) welcome.

You can listen to the episode here: http://thesnespodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-11-28T18_03_59-08_00

The direct link is here: http://thesnespodcast.podomatic.com/

Or download it, I'll attach it to this post.

Thanks again to everyone for their support!

SNESPodcast Intro.mp3

• Like 2

Ran out of subbed 'casts to hear, so I went back & sneak-listened to the RGRup Sept show where Scott quit the news.

Just my luck, as soon as I unsub due to boredom, something happens on there that's the funniest & most entertaining thing in quite awhile.

Surf dogs.

& I really need a more clever term for "sneak-listened"- not that I do it much.

Snistened?

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

So I felt inspired tonight and decided to go ahead and get this Intro episode done....Again, all feedback and comments (good and bad) welcome.

Greg I'm right in the middle of this one & the main thing that strikes me is SLOW DOWN. Sounds like you're doing this in a rush, as if you're being forced to do this, & get it done & out to listeners who are demanding a product. I thought of that fast-talking MicroMachines guy a couple times. Some words sounded half "skipped over" & I was really trying hard to mentally process it all. I think my blood pressure jumped once or twice.

Ok, that all said, maybe that's your speaking style, but I didnt hear that on your previous audio- maybe because you gave us a nostalgic story/personal info rather than bombarding us with data...

Hope this wasnt too harsh, I dont mean to be & am only trying to help. As I said before above, you'll improve w/ time & practice. For now just calm down & slow down, speak conversationally (as to a person) & guaranteed you AND the listeners will enjoy the final product that much more.

• Like 1

So I felt inspired tonight and decided to go ahead and get this Intro episode done. :)

I'm going to make a new thread here so as not to keep clogging this one up, but I wanted to let you all know that the Intro episode of The SNES Podcast is now up for your (hopeful) listening enjoyment!

I still hate how my voice sounds. :P

Again, all feedback and comments (good and bad) welcome.

You can listen to the episode here: http://thesnespodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-11-28T18_03_59-08_00

The direct link is here: http://thesnespodcast.podomatic.com/

Or download it, I'll attach it to this post.

Thanks again to everyone for their support!

I just posted over on The Retro Junkies about your podcast and linked to it :) Would be cool if you would join the network as we need a SNES podcast in the group :) Keep up the awesome work! I have been enjoying your intro episode :)

• Like 1

Greg I'm right in the middle of this one & the main thing that strikes me is SLOW DOWN. Sounds like you're doing this in a rush, as if you're being forced to do this, & get it done & out to listeners who are demanding a product. I thought of that fast-talking MicroMachines guy a couple times. Some words sounded half "skipped over" & I was really trying hard to mentally process it all. I think my blood pressure jumped once or twice.

Ok, that all said, maybe that's your speaking style, but I didnt hear that on your previous audio- maybe because you gave us a nostalgic story/personal info rather than bombarding us with data...

Hope this wasnt too harsh, I dont mean to be & am only trying to help. As I said before above, you'll improve w/ time & practice. For now just calm down & slow down, speak conversationally (as to a person) & guaranteed you AND the listeners will enjoy the final product that much more.

Yeah, I'm aware that I speak rather fast. I wasn't trying to rush through it or anything and mentaly told myself a few times to keep it slow, but....well, I need to improve. :) It's how I am in real life, New Englanders tend to talk fast anyway. I will continue to work on this issue. And there is some nostaltic/personal stuff in the second half of the podcast...hopefully you made it all the way through. ;)

Thank you for the feedback, though. :)

Edited by SoulBlazer

I just posted over on The Retro Junkies about your podcast and linked to it :) Would be cool if you would join the network as we need a SNES podcast in the group :) Keep up the awesome work! I have been enjoying your intro episode :)

Thanks, I intend to apply once I get another podcast up and I get better at doing this. :) What RJ said is valid, I'm trying to slow down but it's hard since I'm that way in real life and I don't feel the finished product is up to the high standards of the professional podcasts on their. Which is another reason why I wanted to do a intro episode, get more practice before I really get into it.

Oh, and thanks again for this awesome logo that you made up for me! :-D

post-24464-0-11404100-1417279041_thumb.jpg

Gave Retro Rejects a shot awhile back, became annoyed at the hosts' personalities. Careful S1500, there's a cereal segment that turns...uh, "crappy" suddenly, which was the last straw for me.

We Talk Games was somewhat decent, but yeah it's pretty "busy". & kinda strange.

Yes, I'm on Facebook, wondering if I should make a new profile for the podcast. I'm there right now under my real name.

The cart pic looks awesome also. :)

If you caeate a page, you default to posting as the page when on the page. They split it out pretty well.

Mine: http://www.facebook.com/inverseatascii

Edited by Ripdubski

Wow, it's a LOT of work getting a podcast off the ground. :P

On happier news, I may have found someone to do the show with me. We're going to talk when I return from vacation, at least, more then I can now via short notes on Facebook. ;) I can't confirm anything at this point, but it looks promising. :)

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 4

Wow, it's a LOT of work getting a podcast off the ground. :P

On happier news, I may have found someone to do the show with me. We're going to talk when I return from vacation, at least, more then I can now via short notes on Facebook. ;) I can't confirm anything at this point, but it looks promising. :)

Just THINKING about it takes a long time. :)

I listened to ep 0 or whatever you called it, I really enjoyed it. There are a ton of games I haven't played on the SNES, I have a feeling your show is going to cost me a lot of money. :)

In the latest Retrogaming Roundup, there's a new segment with a British guy. He goes into modern gaming talk with his segment. Not liking it.

I had the podcast on in the car and I must have been zoning out a bit because the segment you're talking about was playing for about 5 minutes before I even realized it was an actual segment of the podcast, and not one of those British "soundbite" skit thingies they always insert into the show to pad out its length.

I'll remain open-minded about it for the time being, but one thing I will say is that the guy seriously needs to buy a microphone.

I had the podcast on in the car and I must have been zoning out a bit because the segment you're talking about was playing for about 5 minutes before I even realized it was an actual segment of the podcast, and not one of those British "soundbite" skit thingies they always insert into the show to pad out its length.

I'll remain open-minded about it for the time being, but one thing I will say is that the guy seriously needs to buy a microphone.

So I wasn't the only one that thought that. Yeah, I thought his segment was clipped from a radio or tv show where British humor can be a bit talky and take a while to ramp up. Kind of a goofy bait & switch 'ol guvnah.