IGNORED

Game Factory

Eric7100

Game Factory requires additional RAM in the cartridge, otherwise it will crash when you try to run a game. It's basically worthless without the additional RAM so far as I can tell.

I did not know this. Hmm... I am disappointed now that I paid for the game. I thought it was like other "unreleased" games released after, where they fixed them up to make them functional and tested them before release.

So now I have a useless cartridge. :(

I did not know this. Hmm... I am disappointed now that I paid for the game. I thought it was like other "unreleased" games released after, where they fixed them up to make them functional and tested them before release.

So now I have a useless cartridge. :(

The PCB does have additional Ram. I ran through a test on my ECS, but its a complicated "game", so when I was running through all the menu options I didnt know what I was doing. Have you tried to boot it up in your ECS by chance?

The PCB does have additional Ram. I ran through a test on my ECS, but its a complicated "game", so when I was running through all the menu options I didnt know what I was doing. Have you tried to boot it up in your ECS by chance?

Never mind my last comment then. I thought you said that you didn't know if the cartridge worked at all, but now I see that you just said you just didn't play with every single function.

No, I haven't tried it yet, but I will. In any case, based on intvnut's comments, I thought the discussion was going in the direction that the ROM was not tested in the cartridge at all, and that it was just good as a door-stop. I see that's not the case.

-dZ.

Would it work with a JLP board as stand alone cart?

Yes. But, since it's Intellivision Production's IP, it's not something I would manufacture for sale unless I could get a license.

Do you have a link to that?

Edit: or just the text of the .CFG file?

The thread is here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203179-config-files-to-use-with-various-intellivision-titles/

Perhaps this should get linked in the pinned "Resources thread" at the top of the forum. As we discover new memory maps, etc. I'll try to remember to update the list.

Never mind my last comment then. I thought you said that you didn't know if the cartridge worked at all, but now I see that you just said you just didn't play with every single function.

No, I haven't tried it yet, but I will. In any case, based on intvnut's comments, I thought the discussion was going in the direction that the ROM was not tested in the cartridge at all, and that it was just good as a door-stop. I see that's not the case.

You won't be able to edit game screens, and it will crash if you try to edit certain property tables. Also, the game constructed won't run.

• Like 1

The ROM on Intellivision Rocks! is complete and doesn't need 'fixing up.'

It doesn't work at all, from what I see.

1. Power up
  2. At title screen, press ENTER on ECS keyboard
  3. Press ENTER on first menu screen.
  4. Press ENTER on second menu screen.

You'll see a garbled screen, likely because the RAM wasn't mapped in correctly. You should not. Screens attached. Last one shows the messed up version.

post-35516-0-17039600-1428253838_thumb.gif

post-35516-0-25537200-1428253847_thumb.gif

post-35516-0-13361700-1428253857_thumb.gif

post-35516-0-74515000-1428253863_thumb.gif

post-35516-0-83674500-1428253870_thumb.gif

Can someone post the quickest steps to see if it is working or not?

Alternate sequence to intvsteve's above:

• At title screen, press ENTER on ECS keyboard
  • Press 5 for "Run Game"
  • Tap DISC

If the built-in game runs, it's working correctly. Other things to try:

• At title screen, press ENTER on ECS keyboard
  • Press 3 followed by ENTER on the ECS keyboard for "Gameplay Options"
  • Press enter for "Special Effects"

If it brings you to a property page, it's working. If it crashes, it isn't.

Note, on the final, garbled screen, I just get a solid magenta screen instead. So the exact misbehavior at that step depends on exactly how it's misconfigured.

Its funny how the title screen boots up green on a sears intellivision. Havent tried on an actual system just had done it before in jzintv with the sears bios

There's more than one game with that issue. Has to do with the different timing of the Sears EXEC. The phrases "Mattel Electronics presents" and "Copr @ 1984 Mattel" that get displayed on the Mattel title screen are in GROM, and is only accessible during vertical retrace. The Mattel title screen code therefore waits until vertical retrace so it can copy that to the title screen. The Sears EXEC skips that step, for reasons that I hope are obvious.

Some games that set a different title screen color do so in the code that runs immediately after the title screen is constructed. With the Mattel EXEC, there's still a little time left in the vertical retrace, so the program can write to the STIC to set the display color. With the Sears EXEC, it's not in sync with the vertical retrace at that point, and so the write that sets the screen color gets dropped.

I committed exactly this error in the title screen I wrote for Chad's Intellicart.

And, technically, the default title screen color is "brown," although the Intellivision's brown is a very, very greenish brown.

I just played A little with it. Mine seems to work pretty well. I played a little of who's come to dinner . the dinosaur world tried the swamp also. you can see it. It looks complicated but looks fun at the same time so first you like mines working really well I use an intellivision. 2 with the ecs . I haven't fully explored. I mainly used the keyboard. For the menus and the keypad and disc to play and move around

I just played A little with it. Mine seems to work pretty well. I played to please come to dinner the dinosaur world in the swamp and you can see it. It looks complicated but looks fun at the same time so first you like mines working really well I use an intellivision. 2 with the ecs . I haven't fully explored. I mainly used the keyboard. For the menus and the keypad and disc to play and move around

post-29502-0-75483100-1428279190_thumb.jpg

post-29502-0-39292200-1428279224_thumb.jpg

post-29502-0-90381700-1428279280_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari5200dude82
  • Like 1

I played on the Intellivision 2

Another person has reported to me his copy plays fine on his Intv2.

Does anyone else have a Ecs and Intv2 to test this?

There is also a solution in the works and will be tested.

Anyone who purchased this will be contacted. And will be taken care of. No worries folks. ;-)

• Like 1

Anyone who purchased this will be contacted. And will be taken care of. No worries folks. ;-)

it appears that the intellivision II finally got its revenge for the coleco games that couldnt play on it. :lol:
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's strange it works on the Intellivision 2 but not the other systems. It would seem the extra RAM is definitely there. Weird.

That's cool. I haven't fully test out the game yet. So far its working and playing well. I haven;t tried on my Intellivsion 1 or the super pro system either.

I just played A little with it. Mine seems to work pretty well. I played to please come to dinner the dinosaur world in the swamp and you can see it. It looks complicated but looks fun at the same time so first you like mines working really well I use an intellivision. 2 with the ecs . I haven't fully explored. I mainly used the keyboard. For the menus and the keypad and disc to play and move around

Am I seeing double or did you quote your own message within your own message. :-o

quoteself.png

Back on topic: I have a theory what might be happening w/ the cartridge. I've emailed 5-11under to see if I can help suss things out, if it's hardware related. A certain lad, or I should say, Mattel LAD may explain the difference in behavior between Intellivision 1 and 2 systems.

Thanks, Rev. I'll wait until there is more evidence of an actual problem from people who actually have a copy and can test it, and look forward to the solution.