IGNORED

The Official 2016 COPTER COMMANDOS High Score Competition

Rev

Ignorama. You were playing in commander/remix mode when you hit 2.5 million? Yes? No??

yes he was. Im at 2 million right now. Im taking my time in between life to play so im on day 3. (Note to self: dont play around in commander, it only gives you 3 extra lives..)

post-30773-0-23335500-1454982176_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69

So you are playing the SAME game for three days? Haha

Are you playing the game differently than you normally would for the contest?

Basicly not for "fun"....but to win.

i am not competing. Im just trying to test if i can replicate the invincibility error and the level flipping over on 256.

Playing on remix commander at 2,569,000 the extra lives trigger. i went from 2 lives straight to 6 lives because i hit 400 points past that on the level bonus. Now its giving out an extra life for every hit. Hopefully ignorama plays through cadet to test if it doesnt trigger as m-crew showed earlier.

post-30773-0-89473700-1454988056_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pimpmaul69

Triple Post, but I reached the 2.560.000 points and again: Invincible from that point on. So it also happens in Cadet Remix. This means Classic the the mode where you actually can die, but in classic you get flooded with extra lifes, so in fact you may could die, but you won't if you not forcing it.

Edited by Ignorama

Okay, lets make it a quattro post, but something exciting happened.

M9b0nou.jpg

See what I am talking about? Hint: Look at my remaining copters and my score. As I told you, I became invincible, but I thought "fuck it, I move on" and at about 3,3 Million I noticed that the "1 Up" Sound disappeared and voilá: I was able to die again! Weird, very weird :lol:

• Like 1

I submit my final score and its final, because I rolled the score and from that point its just impossible to track the real score.

3gpmlxL.jpg

I made a pic a few points before the score Rev mentioned in the starting post and as you can see it was pretty good, because in fact it rolled and started from 0, even in the cart version.

I rolled the screen-counter twice and in the second 256nd screen I did not noticed any weird things, it was as always. As you can see I was at 3 copters short before the the score-loop. As I told before, I got invincible at 2.560.000, but I lost invincibility at about 3.3 million. I DID NOT get an extra copter at 5.120.000, but if you loop the score, you again get invincibility and go straight up to 6 copters. Nevertheless I managed to play the normal game from about 3.300.000 to the final score of the loop.

I made a lot of breaks, but all in all I played about 6 hours.

• Like 1

My hands are okay, I got used to the side button :) And I think the score would loop too. Fun fact: In classic I would have earned 653 extra copters :D

Fun fact 2: I played 540 screens (256 + 256 + 28) which means I killed 6480 enemies. Well, sounds more weird than it felt while doing it :-o

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 2

My hands are okay, I got used to the side button :) And I think the score would loop too. Fun fact: In classic I would have earned 653 extra copters :D

Fun fact 2: I played 540 screens (256 + 256 + 28) which means I killed 6480 enemies. Well, sounds more weird than it felt while doing it :-o

lol- good to hear no permanent hand damage.. Pretty cool fun facts there... not weird just CC fun!!! :)

hopefully I find a day with no kids ,wife ,chores, commitments ... ill line up a half a dozen or so Albums and hit to the sky.. lol ill be away as of sunday for a week so wont be until after that.. Going to behind the curtain for you US folk... Cuba..

I'll post this old picture I posted in the official Copter Command thread.

post-24767-0-55530000-1437014866.jpg

I usually program the game to stop when the score get too high. The Witch game I made for Petit Computer had a lightning bolt knock the witch off her broom when she close to 5,000,000 points, the highest variable that Petit Computer could be 512,000 otherwise going over that will cause the exception, that extra 0 is just for display. Super Wallball in PONG will display a secret screen if you managed to score 99,999 points. A Sparrow Goes Flapping will display an M in the score box and stop the game. Spunky's Supercar! get extremely difficult in game loop 3+ so it's probably going to be rare rolling the score well the last digit I think stay at 9 and same with Flappy Bird.

• 2 weeks later...

Its safe to say I won't be doing any more competitions. Lol

Its possible less people are competing because of the competition outlines.

It was confusing what modes etc to play on. And then if you just pick a random mode, say the easiest, it seems to easy, and not fair to someone who played on a different setting.

I know for me I was just confused by what to do, and now hard to know who is competing at what settings.

Having a even play field is a big deal. Competition is a big part of the fun all prizes aside.

But I would not give up on ever doing any in the future...just my 2 cents ;)

Thanks rev!