IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I like to drop by and wish a "Happy 2 year Anniversary" to the Neo-Geo thread and being on Atariage for 4 years I like to say Fdurso224 (Anthony) is one of the nicest and coolest people I have met on the site. Just a fantastic person! While I don't have a physical Neo Geo AES, CD, or an MVS cabinet I have several modded original xbox systems built with every emulator and ROMs for them, I do have Neo Geo included. My favorite is the Metal Slug series and Professional Baseball Stars. A great system still going 26 years strong! Let me add a few photos. :grin:

cake2.jpg

PicsArt_03-24-03.16.14_zpsnrjpj9ny.jpg?w

• Like 2

Sweet job on two years.

I've always liked my Neo Geo stuff, but I never get too into any of the systems. The Pocket is a fun little portable, I play it a good bit now and then, The AES is just too dang expensive for me, I highly doubt I'll get more carts that I own for a while as I can't find any more AES stuff locally than I have, and all the ones online cost a good bit. The MVS I own may just have a 161-in-1 sit in it, but it's still great fun to play with and occasionally I'll play someone in the arcade on one of the two cabinets they've got.

Nothing else really to say, so good job ant on managing the thread for two years, and good job to everyone who's active - it's always fun enough to come through here and read posts.

• Like 2

Wow, two years.

Before that, I don't recall there being much neo discussion on AA. There were fdurso's earlier ngdevteam update threads, but I'm definitely too poor to participate in conversations about those games. A couple times a year or so there'd also be a small thread down in the arcade and pinball forum, but few saw them there.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

Thank you so much to all who have kept this thread alive for so long -- namely Anthony. :) After seeing so many of these awesome posts I sold off (still in the process of doing so...) much of my collection that won't see any use again to find my MVS collection!

Metal Slug, Puzzle Bobble, Art of Fighting... so many awesome games that will provide years of enjoyment. Thanks to all! Here's to another two awesome years of Neo-Geo goodness!

• Like 1

Thank you to everybody that makes this awesome thread thrive especially Anthony! Thank you sincerely for all the support and fun gaming moments! Cheers to the Neo Geo family of systems and all of the joy that the systems and games have brought to all of our lives and to the next generation of Neo Geo fans!

Happy Gaming,

-Aaron Classic Gamer

• Like 2

Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday! This community is awesome to be apart of and thank you for having me.

Neo Geo rocks! Glad the Neo is discussed here. Atari Age is my favorite retrogaming site by far. People in general seem more polite here. :)

Congrats to all involved :D This is an excellent thread, so let's keep it up!

Two years.....wow that went fast. It's nice having a good environment to talk about Neo Geo. It's one of my favorite systems from in my opinion the best gaming era. Like the Neo I'm sure this thread has a lot more life left in it!

Happy birthday to the thread! Thanks for the help Anthony, I'll look into that site. :)

Dr. Manhattan, I just want to suggest the Analog CMVS systems for you to look into. Choosing a CMVS (or AES/CD) is an expensive decision, so I just want to help show you all of your options :D . If I was going to buy a CMVS this is the one I would choose. They are made out of real wood (or custom for an extra price if you're rich ;) ), have matching joysticks, optional built in memory, dust covers, and RGB, composite, s video, and component video output at a surprisingly affordable price. Again, just trying to help you see all of your options :grin: .

This thread is an amazing place to be with the community and I hope it stays strong for another 2 years! Huge thanks to Anthony and all of the contributors to this amazing thread!

KreatorKat

Congratulations on the second anniversary. This thread has been very helpful. I always look forward to reading it every time I visit Atari Age. Keep up the good work.

Congrats on a great two years! Keep the party rocking!! One day I'll get me an MVS :)

Well guys, first of all Hi to everyone and sorry for not being much around these days.

But that's not why i'm here today, you see i'm here to congratulate whom i consider a friend, for not

only introducing me to this wonderful forum, but also for being such a caring person and passionate (without recurring to belittling or insults)

when something goes astray.

he's of course: fdruso224 and as i wish the forum a happy 2nd birthday i also like to thank him personally for being such an accommodating and caring gamer friend!

A toast (imaginary of course) to you and the forum, and i wish it to keep growing with the cool people we see here and best of luck in your future ventures.

i dont carry gifts, but i leave something the best way i could to "commemorate" the occasion...ROCK ON, my Friend

ROCK ON!

PS: Also it's high time you had a new avatar...LOL here! fixed haha

I like to drop by and wish a "Happy 2 year Anniversary" to the Neo-Geo thread and being on Atariage for 4 years I like to say Fdurso224 (Anthony) is one of the nicest and coolest people I have met on the site. Just a fantastic person! While I don't have a physical Neo Geo AES, CD, or an MVS cabinet I have several modded original xbox systems built with every emulator and ROMs for them, I do have Neo Geo included. My favorite is the Metal Slug series and Professional Baseball Stars. A great system still going 26 years strong! Let me add a few photos. :grin:

Happy 2 years! Look forward to many more!

Sweet job on two years.

I've always liked my Neo Geo stuff, but I never get too into any of the systems. The Pocket is a fun little portable, I play it a good bit now and then, The AES is just too dang expensive for me, I highly doubt I'll get more carts that I own for a while as I can't find any more AES stuff locally than I have, and all the ones online cost a good bit. The MVS I own may just have a 161-in-1 sit in it, but it's still great fun to play with and occasionally I'll play someone in the arcade on one of the two cabinets they've got.

Nothing else really to say, so good job ant on managing the thread for two years, and good job to everyone who's active - it's always fun enough to come through here and read posts.

Wow, two years.

Before that, I don't recall there being much neo discussion on AA. There were fdurso's earlier ngdevteam update threads, but I'm definitely too poor to participate in conversations about those games. A couple times a year or so there'd also be a small thread down in the arcade and pinball forum, but few saw them there.

Happy 2nd anniversary! May this awesome thread continue for many many years to come! :-)

Thank you so much to all who have kept this thread alive for so long -- namely Anthony. :) After seeing so many of these awesome posts I sold off (still in the process of doing so...) much of my collection that won't see any use again to find my MVS collection!

Metal Slug, Puzzle Bobble, Art of Fighting... so many awesome games that will provide years of enjoyment. Thanks to all! Here's to another two awesome years of Neo-Geo goodness!

Thank you to everybody that makes this awesome thread thrive especially Anthony! Thank you sincerely for all the support and fun gaming moments! Cheers to the Neo Geo family of systems and all of the joy that the systems and games have brought to all of our lives and to the next generation of Neo Geo fans!

Happy Gaming,

-Aaron Classic Gamer

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the kind and thoughtful words. I appreciate it and members like all of you are the reason why I try my best to give 100% back to the community and help regain the Neo-Geo's solemnity after years of concerns throughout its past.

May all of you keep up the great work and lets continue the great progress that we offer to the community in general. Feel free to post your Neo-Geo inquiries here and we will try to answer you as best as possible to help you reach your Neo-Geo goals!

Thank you for supporting The Official NEO-GEO Thread.

Sincerely yours,

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Happy birthday to the thread! Thanks for the help Anthony, I'll look into that site. :)

Dr. Manhattan, I just want to suggest the Analog CMVS systems for you to look into. Choosing a CMVS (or AES/CD) is an expensive decision, so I just want to help show you all of your options :D . If I was going to buy a CMVS this is the one I would choose. They are made out of real wood (or custom for an extra price if you're rich ;) ), have matching joysticks, optional built in memory, dust covers, and RGB, composite, s video, and component video output at a surprisingly affordable price. Again, just trying to help you see all of your options :grin: .

http://www.analogue.co/collections/analogue-cmvs

This thread is an amazing place to be with the community and I hope it stays strong for another 2 years! Huge thanks to Anthony and all of the contributors to this amazing thread!

KreatorKat

Further to that I did a review of the analogue CMVS here!

http://youtu.be/qf5t13lgnqE

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Alex from AusRetroGamer has a nice looking AES that will be selling soon. PM him if you're inquisitive about it!

ausretrogamer@ausretrogamer 7h

One too many Neo Geo AES’. This one must go! #neogeo #retrogamer #retrogaming

CeXKYbmVIAABL1e.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Congrats on two years!

I'm still rocking my AES. Also my MVS cabinet is working very well. I'm currently looking for three MVS titles if they can be had for good prices.

Ghost Pilots, Magician Lord, and Crossed Swords.

post-322-0-50080900-1458931453_thumb.jpg

Edited by Charlie_
  • Like 1

You're doing a fantastic job with this page Anthony! Keep it up man! Your knowledge with video games and other gaming stuff is mind blowing! Also, thanks for all your kind words on my channel. If it wasn't for you most of my videos wouldn't have half the views it does. It's all cause of you and the people of this site that also watched some of my videos. - Ronnie.

Edited by White Boy Gaming
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Jim from KidShoryuken doing another excellent gameplay and review video. Here we see the kind sir playing Garou: Mark of the Wolves for the Sega Dreamcast. Truly a great port and well worth the investment to put yourself into for this game!

Thanks Jim, keep up the great work as usual! :)

Anthony...

Thank you for sharing the Neo Geo photos Anthony. I was going to play some quick games for 30 mins, but that turned into 2 hrs. That's the lure of Neo Geo :-)

Hahahaha..Ain't it the truth Alex.

The stories I could tell you how I use to be late for school playing on the MVS in the arcades.

I use to say to myself, "I'll just slip 1 token in to before school started". It went to the point that I missed half the day just playing on it! Of course I was scolded,. but it was worth playing those great games! :-D

Anthony...

Haha, I used to play after school & would miss my bus going home. Ahhhh, those were the days :-D

Hahaha, I think that also happen to me in H.S. when I missed that last bus for the night playing at a local Pizza parlor. Not only was I down $5 dollars in tokens, but I had to take a taxi cab home because my school and home were in different counties!!! All together, I paid out $25 for the night Alex!

Thanks Neo-Geo!!! :lolblue:

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with PSO showing us his amazing Neo-Geo collection. Take a look at these beauties.

1. CebP6qmWEAA4D-6.jpg
    0 retweets1 like
    Retweet
    More
  2. CebPYA4WEAATe1q.jpg
    1 retweet2 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. CebO14YWwAEjVuu.jpg
    2 retweets3 likes
    Retweet
    More
  4. CebOKJuW8AAHujZ.jpg
    2 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    More
  5. And on CD! If you had to endure the loading, you would understand why I got carts! 1f628.png@TWWhittaker @Richard31337

CebKXM7WAAE72sb.jpg
    1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    More
  6. Last Blade tonight methinks!! 2 more reasons l bought the home cart system right here! @TWWhittaker @Richard31337

CebJAbOW4AE0Ny2.jpg
    2 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    More
  7. Spine cards - l never cared about 'em with JP Saturn discs, but l obsess about them with my Neo Geo CD! Sad but true

CebE5F6WIAAJVL6.jpg
    0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More

Anthony...

• Like 1

My CMVS is on Unibios 2.3. Is there any reason to eventually upgrade to the Omega CMVS in the future for the Unibios 3.2, along with the fact that it looks absolutely gorgeous? What differences could I expect outside of how it looks, since I would just run it through s-video anyhow?

Also, as per above, I'd be all over the Neo-Geo CD if I hadn't actually experienced those loading times in real life on a friend's system. I didn't believe him when he said it would br almost unbearable to fire up more than one NGCD game in a given hour versus starting numerous games instantly with carts throughout the night. Shrugged it off and didn't care until I realized we had spent 25+ mins waiting for a handful of games to load throughout the evening...

Edited by Bixler
  • Like 1

My CMVS is on Unibios 2.3. Is there any reason to eventually upgrade to the Omega CMVS in the future for the Unibios 3.2, along with the fact that it looks absolutely gorgeous? What differences could I expect outside of how it looks, since I would just run it through s-video anyhow?

IMO, the big thing new unibios' provide is high score saving on the memory card. In the omega's case it's a virtual memory card.

Without it, MVS is very limited in terms of score saving. That's not a big deal in an arcade setting, where the games rarely change, but when MVS is being used as a console, it becomes annoying to have to rotate games into it just to keep scores.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1