IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

There it is :) (click the pic)

gallery_41141_1470_108121.jpg

...I don´t think that he will sell it, due to the high starting price. 1$ starting would be a much more nice opening of the rallye

But let´s see, maybe somebody shoots it last minute :)

• Like 1

A couple of notes on that one: the keyboard has problems with some of the keys, which is a progressive failure, as the 99/8 uses a membrane keyboard from Mitsumi. The other problem is also identified in the auction: the HexBus doesn't seem to recognize the drive. Without another HexBus peripheral to test with, you won't be able to figure out if the problem was in the 99/8 or the drive. I spent a couple of hours on the phone doing some remote troubleshooting on this one. About the only thing we were able to definitely exclude as a source of the hexBus problem was the cable. as Blaine had several cables to test with and the symptom never changed.

I do like the fact that it has all of the riser boards, including the one for the p-System, and the rest of the system checked out as operational. We never could get communications to work with the floppy (and he notes that in the auction, so all is proper there), so that may work--or it may not.

• Like 1

With all my recent works in MAME on the TI-99/8 rewrite, I somewhat feel like having seen enough for a while ... :-) Without the Hexbus floppy you cannot really do interesting things (and apart from that, from a technical viewpoint, the Geneve surpasses the 99/8 in virtually all aspects, but I'm repeating myself).

At least, thanks to your documentation, Jim, I was able to provide an emulation of the custom chips:

mess ti99_8 -listdevices
mainboard8                   TI-99/8 Mainboard
       amigo                      Address space mapper
       mofetta                    Physical Address Space Decoder
       oso                        Hexbus interface
       vaquerro                   Logical Address Space Decoder
  • Like 4

Theres a TI-99/4A PEB with a working CorComp9900 disk controller if anyone wants it. on ebay A bit pricey I think for the PEB though. But it's all about what someone is willing to pay.

HERE

Not bad, Mr. Woodpecker. And a good price for the CC-9900, 32K, 2 drives, and the PEB, of course.

And Mike always has very good stuff, I bought many things from him in the last 2 years and never had any problems.

And he ships worldwide, that´s what I love. (I see 140$ from here, Germany, that is OK)

And I remember, MDude does a very good packing job, so no danger for the museum :)

Yes, I should have noted that it was from Mike and he is a reputable seller of TI equipment. Everything I have ever bought from him has always worked like a charm. He test everything to make sure it is in working order before he list it and if not he states it in the auction.

Theres a TI-99/4A PEB with a working CorComp9900 disk controller if anyone wants it. on ebay A bit pricey I think for the PEB though. But it's all about what someone is willing to pay.

HERE

Mike has an impeccable reputation, but yeah, this auction IS a bit pricey. At that price I'd expect an RS-232 as well, but in this case there is not even a 32K card installed.

Mike has an impeccable reputation, but yeah, this auction IS a bit pricey. At that price I'd expect an RS-232 as well, but in this case there is not even a 32K card installed.

Actually one of the pic shows a 32k card installed. it's right next to the Flex cable.

The listing states a 32k card as well. I do agree though, i think it's a little pricey..

• Like 1

Looks nice, I'd buy it if I had the extra to spend. A deal is determined by how much you use it versus your desire though :grin:

Yeah, I think it'll end up $AVING me money in the long run. I've already FUBAR'ed one 1284P through repeated extractions without a decent tool. With the new FlashROM 99, I've been able to free up a couple of UberCARTS for other tasks. With that in mid, I think it's time to make a PERMANENT cartridge for RXB now too since I finally have a SAMS plugged into the box that exploits it's capabilities.

When I get home this evening I'll order it.

-- Edit --

** DONE **

There was a guy here for a couple of months who's since disappeared that kind of chided me for not having the proper tool for the job. He was right of course, so if he's lurking... noted and addressed.

post-35324-0-18760400-1464919746_thumb.jpg

It looks like Espial is almost into the reasonable range. . .starting bid of $100 with a BIN of $250.

I know some collector types don't care if a game sucks or not, but after trying this one out on the FlashROM 99, I decided to "flush it from the flash".

If you want to check out for yourself, it's in the attachment below.

ESPIAL.bin

• Like 1

I've actually owned a copy of this game since around 1988. I bought it at a going-out-of-business sale from one of the German TI dealers. He had a case of about 50 of them. . .they went pretty quickly. He also had a huge box containing three or four Funware titles. They were all gone by the end of the day too.

• Like 1

I've actually owned a copy of this game since around 1988. I bought it at a going-out-of-business sale from one of the German TI dealers. He had a case of about 50 of them. . .they went pretty quickly. He also had a huge box containing three or four Funware titles. They were all gone by the end of the day too.

I can see the Funware stuff going very quickly. I really like their games.

As for Espial, I am in somewhat in agreement about the crap game aspect, though I have seen it for some other platforms and see it was not much better on those, and I would rate it much better than Miner 2049er. Of course, neither one of them are a Zero Zap.

I can see the Funware stuff going very quickly. I really like their games.

You got that right!!. I figure Funware and DataBioTics games are the best you can get for the TI. (without DBT, we would have never had a Jumpman Jr clone - a kick-a$$ clone at that!)

Being able to have them - even the hard to find one's like "Escape" and "St Nick" - all in one place, was my main motivation behind getting myself a flashrom99.

I really likes Miner2049 though...it was among the first Atari 8 bit games I ever played (the actual first 2 were Captain Beeble and Popeye) and became an instant and long lived favorite. Aside from the missing 1st and final screens, I thought Tigervision did an excellent job porting it to the TI. But we know what they say about one's man's tea...

Seems that everyone agrees on Espial though....too bad too, I fired up the original arcade version in MAME a few days ago, and it really wasn't a bad vertical-scroller. An f18 port could probably do it much better today.

Posting this notice might drive the price up to above what my toy-budget can handle, but this one doesn't show up very often, so in case no one here noticed, and someone here wants it more than I do, « Terminal Emulator I » was just posted here.

TI actually called it Terminal Emulator "I" ???

Before Disk Manager II there was Disk Manager not Disk Manager "I", and before TI Logo II there was TI Logo, not TI Logo "I", so I really expected the packaging for this one to simply read "Terminal Emulator" (and I had never seen it before seeing as "II" was everywhere by the time I bought it back in the day.)

Did TI know, even prior to the package-design and marketing of this version, that they'd soon be releasing a second version with phoneme based speech capabilities, or were they marketed simultaneously at different prices depending on the features the user wanted?

Did buyers of version I get a special price to upgrade, as is common in software today??

One thing is certain, here in 2016 version "I" is going to cost you one helluvalot more than version "II" ever will. I'd wager TI marketing gurus never saw that coming!!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

I think "II" was already in development at the time they released "I" in the form of the Speech Editor module. It actually made sense to combine them in a future product, as that allowed the combined product to serve the visually impaired. With the upgrade being on the roadmap already, it made sense to call it the "TE I" right out of the box. Note that a lot of the Educational cartridges also had the numerical designators right from the start as well--as the future modules were on the roadmap. Things like Logo and Disk Manager were originally the end of the expected line for their respective functions (as was Extended BASIC, which was replaced with Extended BASIC II in the 99/8).

I'll have to look in the TE-II specs to see if there are any additional clues buried there. . .

• Like 1

Is there a manual for Speech Editor? Or what purpose does it serve? I just found that I can enter a phrase of vocabulary words, but the cartridge takes up about 4 K GPL, so there must be more.

I'll do a proper page-flow hi-rez scan of the manual this week and post it, but here's the one that is currently available.

The module was intended to provide access to the synth's pre-defined stored speech vocabulary in TI-Basic to folks who did not own Extended basic.

My preferred solution is the text-to-speech disk which provides phoneme routines that can be embedded in any Extended Basic programs (although it is a real memory hog). IT is also available in various languages .

ATTN: Euro dudes and dudettes, Looking for the French and German versions if you see them on your travels...english is missing the rolled RRRR's and guttural RRRCCHH's required for effective speech synthesis of those languages (although it pulls off the long double vowels of Finnish really well)

phm3011.pdf

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1