IGNORED

HSC13 R22: Final Round "Dandy"

DANDY

We'll finish the season with a short round as I'd like to start Season 14 soon after.

dandy_4.gif

Download Atarimania ATR and Instructions. Press 1 to top up your food, press Shift and 1 to use a bomb (you can carry these around and even to other levels)

Dandy is superb fun with multi players (2-4) if you play 4 player on the XL/XE you can control 2 players each at the same time. It's a real hoot, especially on screens with lots of hearts. Any multiplayer action will score bonus points :)

Round Ends Thursday 12th January 10PM UK Time

If you have won a round this season then Play on "Easy" and you must start from dungeon "A" each time. Otherwise play on "Trivial" and continue from where you left off as you wish. If you complete the game you can rest in "Dandy Heaven" or try the other skill levels for bonus points. No save states

Scoring based on levels completed Standard HSC points plus bonus 5pts for completing easy (excluding trbb & dope)

Thanks again for playing this season it's been a blast and a jump and a... well you get the idea

trbb :)

• Like 2

It was all going well - I tried to collect the bombs on the early levels and not use them until later on... I'd just started on G, whilst rueing not getting all the keys on F, I went all Rambo and charged into the little guys who decided to eradicate me :twisted:

G - 64,470

Single plays is not a patch on the multiplayer fun but it's nice to play for a change :)

post-19705-0-48262500-1483720021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

However, gave Dandy a dam good thrashing and reached "DANDY HEAVEN"

Completed on Easy and 246,560 (Start of Level Z)

post-48102-0-03469900-1483783400_thumb.jpg

post-48102-0-18776100-1483810507_thumb.jpg

Final score at the of Z. 377,000

Then it loops on Z.

Going to play on the next skill level....

Might try and recruit another player.... but most havant seen the light of 8bit fun yet.

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1

Perhaps make sure emulator is on READ/WRITE or take off speeded up drive options/use accurate timing.

I have more levels but was thinking of doing an article for upcoming Pro© Mag and releasing them there. I think there is another set and a Space Game (hacked graphics) out there if anyone can find them.

Seriously rope up another human player everyone and put it on 4 player on trivial - AWESOME FUN.

I blew it again - I'm used to trivial where you can nip in to get a dollar/open up a hole and get out without as much as a nibble :)

42020. Got to level F and it didn't load properly. No other levels would load after that just got an empty level with only the up and down symbols

I've been playing the ATR from atarimania on a real disk and it's ok through to G (at least). After loading your copy press G to warp to the level to see if it exists. If so emulator timeout/disk issue perhaps - see my comments above. Anyone else with the same problem?

G: 70.560 Now i've seen where the keys are stashed on G I should be able to make some progress :)

Dandy (easy)

First tables new scoring!

1st Red Thunder Z 377,000 18pts*

2nd therealbountybob F 70,560 11pts

3rd McKong E 42,020 10pts

* includes 5pt bonus for completing easy (not trbb&dope)

* includes 1pt bonus for first person completing easy

Antic PODCAST have an interview with the game's author John Palevich :)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

I warped to F ok when i reloaded the game earlier. I played it for a while, and then when tried to restart the game at level F and it didnt work

(from memory) Just check you didn't wipe the level and save it - I think it's easy to do if you accidentally enter the level editor at the end of your go : download again?

• Like 1

My recruit had to leave half way through the game :-(

It is an awesome game with two players or more. As the podcast says a superb coop game. If you squint a bit it's like playing Call of Duty ;-)

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Stick it on 4 players - it's even more fun (you control 2 each at the same time on the XL/XE), if one dies the other two have more power to scroll the screen and you can end up all off the screen. That heart screen E is a blast as you end up being killed and re-incarnating all over the place :)

N 109,335 as usual not concentrating on my food button while trying to read the letters made from the walls! I noticed the "Down" on K :)

The game is tight for 1 player until you figure out where the keys are on G then within a short time you are fully stocked up and it's pretty easy - probably the author designed it for multiplayer so the excesses meant at least one alive player usually had a key etc. I felt a chicken on L where I went for a look and ran away to the next level!

Just taking a look at the maps devweblc posted as you can then see some things you miss such as the skulls in a skull formation on level H :thumbsup:

Aliens is a hack of Dandy with changed graphics etc :)

aliens.png

• Like 1