IGNORED

Sacred Tribe RESERVATION LIST

retroillucid

It comes with gatefold box, and a bunch of goodies. :|

A bunch of goodies? The gatefold box is really nice (and the preferred way to package an Intellivision game). But I'm more interested in what's inside the box. This one has a cartridge, a manual, two overlays, and a small map. Only the low-cost map could reasonably be considered an extra.

Suggestion: Include more information about gameplay with the game instead of posting it in the forum. Hints, tips, tricks, and other explanations should be documented and come with the game. Anticipate the player's questions and address those in the documentation.

A progress save feature would be really nice.

Looking forward to the next title :)

• Like 2

It comes with gatefold box, and a bunch of goodies. :|

Hmmm... my gatefold box (whose adhesive is already coming up, front fold totally separated at one point) is thinner and lighter than any other previously issued and besides the extra overlay, the only "goodie" was a folded map printed on a regular sheet of 8x10 printer paper. Looking back at the first post, appears that's what all is to be included. Guess I was expecting the same high quality production as we've had in the past. Nothing wrong with looking for ways to keep manufacturing costs down, just be nice if the savings were passed on when it happens. And perhaps they *are* being passed on in a roundabout way through subsidizing the drawings of the other goodies. Whatever, it's all good. Just feel $75 was a little steep this time around is all. :)

• Like 2

Hmmm... my gatefold box (whose adhesive is already coming up, front fold totally separated at one point) is thinner and lighter than any other previously issued and besides the extra overlay, the only "goodie" was a folded map printed on a regular sheet of 8x10 printer paper. Looking back at the first post, appears that's what all is to be included. Guess I was expecting the same high quality production as we've had in the past. Nothing wrong with looking for ways to keep manufacturing costs down, just be nice if the savings were passed on when it happens. And perhaps they *are* being passed on in a roundabout way through subsidizing the drawings of the other goodies. Whatever, it's all good. Just feel $75 was a little steep this time around is all. :)

That was my experience as well. The gatefold box seems to be made of lighter and thinner card stock than I was expecting from other similar boxes.

I also thought that the map was going to be more than a regular bubble jet print out.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort, and it all looks nice, but don't pretend it is an exceptional "premium" product with lots of "extras" to justify its price.

I suppose that if the "standard" edition comes in an even cheaper card stock, with only one overlay and no manual or paper print out map, then this one could be said to have "lots of goodies." However, that's a stretch because I don't consider a second overlay and a manual as an "extra goodie."

dZ.

It's more complains than suggestions, but oh well

That makes me consider to not even bother making another one

Do you want honest feedback or are you just seeking approval and praise?

Honestly, and with all due respect, we have already some of those here. I don't think we need another publisher threatening to "take their ball home" when people voice less than stellar feedback. I would have hoped that with your experience and ties to the retro community, you would have been more open.

In case you missed it: the feedback so far has been largely positive, but some have suggested that the price may have been too high for the contents. Remember, most people with a complaint or dissatisfaction will never bother to tell you, so their silence may give you a skewed view.

You can accept or ignore it, it's up to you, really. :)

dZ.

• Like 1

Do you want honest feedback or are you just seeking approval and praise?

Honestly, and with all due respect, we have already some of those here. I don't think we need another publisher threatening to "take their ball home" when people voice less than stellar feedback. I would have hoped that with your experience and ties to the retro community, you would have been more open.

In case you missed it: the feedback so far has been largely positive, but some have suggested that the price may have been too high for the contents. Remember, most people with a complaint or dissatisfaction will never bother to tell you, so their silence may give you a skewed view.

You can accept or ignore it, it's up to you, really. :)

dZ.

My problem is its always the very same people who complain, and presume things (I.E. ....thinner cardboard)

I can deal with negativity....just look at the comments we got on our facebook and youtube

My problem is its always the very same people who complain, and presume things (I.E. ....thinner cardboard)

I can deal with negativity....just look at the comments we got on our facebook and youtube

I'm sorry if you feel I'm just being negative. I tried to be honest with issues in the past and was told I was wrong (*shrug*). I paid for this game excitedly and have made clear what I think is great about the game and what I thought was not as good, but of course it's only the latter that you may remember.

I never mentioned the box and map before because of this precise reason, I thought you may take it as just one more complaint from me. However, seeing others pointing out precisely the same experience I had -- especially in view of others stating the contrary -- prompted me to corroborate the point.

For what its worth, I will state my honest assessment, some of which I've said before: the game is good; the graphics, sound, and music are fantastic; the game-play mechanics can be frustrating and flakey; and the replay value is very limited. The box feels a little cheap and thin* (compared to Mattel's and Elektronite's, which are the only two other gatefold boxes in my experience), although it is a nice touch that it is gatefold.

The manual is standard fare comparable to other recent releases; the overlays have the same pretty artwork of the box, but look too "busy" and confusing when reduced to that size, plus they are a bit too thin*, which makes them hard to insert into their slots.

And finally, the map, which seems to be the only "extra," is a very nice touch, but hardly worth the premium price by itself.

I hope you take an honest look at that and not take it as an offense. I want to see more and better games from your talented team. I also want to pay reasonable prices (I buy to play, not collect or speculate on value). :)

Cheers!

dZ.

* thin = not as stiff

• Like 1

I'm sorry if you feel I'm just being negative. I tried to be honest with issues in the past and was told I was wrong (*shrug*). I paid for this game excitedly and have made clear what I think is great about the game and what I thought was not as good, but of course it's only the latter that you may remember.

I never mentioned the box and map before because of this precise reason, I thought you may take it as just one more complaint from me. However, seeing others pointing out precisely the same experience I had -- especially in view of others stating the contrary -- prompted me to corroborate the point.

For what its worth, I will state my honest assessment, some if which I've said before: the game is good; the graphics, sound, and music are fantastic; the game-play mechanics can be frustrating and flakey; and the replay value is very limited. The box feels little cheap and thin (compared to Mattel's and Elektronite's, which are the only two other gatefold boxes in my experience), although it is a nice touch that it is gatefold.

The manual is standard fare comparable to other recent releases; the overlays have the same pretty artwork of the box, but look too "busy" and confusing when reduced to that size, plus they are a bit too thin, which makes them hard to insert into their slots.

And finally, the map, which seems to be the only "extra," is a very nice touch, but hardly worth the premium price by itself.

I hope you take an honest look at that and not take it as an offense. I want to see more and better games from your talented team. I also want to pay reasonable prices (I buy to play, bit collect or speculate on value).

Cheers!

dZ.

I get it and I'm not angry against you (or any others)

You're free to have your own opinion on this (as well as others)

Yes, it's way easier to remember the bad comments than the good ones when you're doing games with heart

I'll keep doing what I like even if there's few people who doesn't like the final result

I've put more than 1000 hours in the design of Sacred Tribe and it looks like the next adventure is going to take me much more time

I can already tell you that some people are not going to like the next adventure and some are going to enjoy it

That's how life is.....

retroillucid out *mic drop*

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

Nothing can stop me! :twisted:

Good!!! That's the spirit!!

I'm still waiting for my copy. I did email Coleco_master last night seeing what's going on with my copy.

As for the goodies, I was thinking a poster sized box art was going to be included. I take back my "bunch of goodies" comment.

I'm still waiting for my copy. I did email Coleco_master last night seeing what's going on with my copy.

As for the goodies, I was thinking a poster sized box art was going to be included. I take back my "bunch of goodies" comment.

Don't worry, I'm the programmer and I still don't have my copy!! :rolling:

Limited VS Regular Version

- Gatefold Box (cost twice as much as regular box)

- A Chance to win a Colecovision Multicart ($130 value)

- Map

- 2 overlays (instead of one)

- Rom file of the game (once the Limited and Regular Edition are soldout)

Regual Edition will cost $60

Edited by retroillucid

Don't worry so much, Dz is the acid test guy here :P always testing if you have the spirit to continue ahead. ;)

Ah, don't take it like that. I give lots of praise where it's due. You guys are very talented, and I just want to see greatness from all. I like my Intellivision very much and I want the community to thrive and produce fantastic high-quality games. :thumbsup:

But you have to take the good with the bad, and learn from feedback and experience. We already have too many prima donnas here that require constant adulation and cannot take the least bit of constructive criticism. Please, don't be that way. ;)

dZ.

• Like 1

Ah, don't take it like that. I give lots of praise where it's due. You guys are very talented, and I just want to see greatness from all. I like my Intellivision very much and I want the community to thrive and produce fantastic high-quality games. :thumbsup:

But you have to take the good with the bad, and learn from feedback and experience. We already have too many prima donnas here that require constant adulation and cannot take the least bit of constructive criticism. Please, don't be that way. ;)

dZ.

Can't wait to see your next game DZ

You just can pleased everyone I guess......

From my experience, you always have (at least) 10% of people who's not going to like your project

Yeah, but the trick is to not dismiss criticism as "well, he's just one of those that don't like it. Screw it." Then you'll live in a bubble and never grow or learn from your mistakes. ;)

It's easy to just classify people as "haters," but you have to be honest. As for me, I thought i made it clear that I like the game (I played it for hours for a week and posted about it), and I am a fan who really wants to love it.

P.S. the new screenshots look very nice. :)

Can't wait to see your next game DZ

Sorry, working on tools and other commitments at the moment and not much free time. I'm currently not working on any games.

In the meantime, all these comments are from me as a customer and game player. :)

dZ.

Yeah, but the trick is to not dismiss criticism as "well, he's just one of those that don't like it. Screw it." Then you'll live in a bubble and never grow or learn from your mistakes. ;)

It's easy to just classify people as "haters," but you have to be honest. As for me, I thought i made it clear that I like the game (I played it for hours for a week and posted about it), and I am a fan who really wants to love it.

P.S. the new screenshots look very nice. :)

If you knew me well, you would know that I'm used to it

I'm making homebrew since 2008, I saw alot since then

I NEVER dismissed constructive comments/suggestions

• Like 1