IGNORED

ColecoVision Mr. Do! - All EXTRA Letters Red Glitch

ColecoFan1981

Here's a glitch I happened to exploit while playing Mr. Do! on ColecoVision (ColEm emulator):

I was on scene 4, and the last Alphamonster I needed to go after was the "E" one to spell out "EXTRA" for getting an extra life. But just as I was about to power ball him, a blue Muncher suddenly dropped an apple down my path, crushing not only the Alphamonster, but also me and a Badguy. However, instead of going to the green Extra Life award screen, I instead lost my present life, and after game play resumed, all the letters in the word "EXTRA" became red! This means no Alphamonsters and thus no further opportunities for getting extra lives unless you reset your game! A screenshot of my experience is seen below for you.

post-21978-0-00692100-1487903656_thumb.png

Have any of you tried this glitch at least once?

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981
  • Like 2

I guess 1 question I would have would be did the alpha monster get killed before or after you were killed. Also you say you were killed was your next life deducted from the top or did it stay the same meaning you got the extra guy and just used it on your death.

The Alphamonster was crushed before me, of course.

Yes, my next life was deducted.

~Ben

• Like 1