IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

The point is there are plenty of MODERN podcasts that can freely & openly discuss the Switch, it has no business being on a retrogaming podcast.

This. I don't mind a little bit of modern talk here & there, but when just about every retro gaming podcast is pausing any normal discussion to gush over the Switch, it can get a bit annoying. Thankfully, Throwback Network podcasts don't do this. :)

Next week, we will discuss the confusion I experience with double-named podcasts. Which one is it? It's like Firefox vs. Mozilla. Why not just stick to one name? "You're listening to the RetroJockBros podcast, part of RetroChet Podcast. Blah blah blah Nintendo Switch". Uh. Huh?

• Like 1

BTW, I couldn't tind a dedicated thread for this, but Ferg just re-issued episode 2 of his podcast with improved sound. If you passed it up just because you think "Oh, it's episode 2, yeah, I heard that one. Old news, my friend, old news...." Really, it's worth a re-listen if, for no other reason, just to see how far Ferg has evolved over the last four years. How his inflection has improved, how more confident he's become...and also the state of classic gaming then versus now. It's at least the fourth time I heard the Combat episode, but still, well worth the re-listen.

with my age and lack of memory, Fergs stuff is always new to me :P

• Like 2

The point is there are plenty of MODERN podcasts that can freely & openly discuss the Switch, it has no business being on a retrogaming podcast.

It wont be on any of my stuff, not even my youtube channel :P (I have the Intellivision buzzer armed and ready if any of my co-hosts mention it, hee hee) I stopped with Nintendo console product at the WII, but still love the 3DS :)

• Like 4

BTW, I couldn't tind a dedicated thread for this, but Ferg just re-issued episode 2 of his podcast with improved sound. If you passed it up just because you think "Oh, it's episode 2, yeah, I heard that one. Old news, my friend, old news...." Really, it's worth a re-listen if, for no other reason, just to see how far Ferg has evolved over the last four years. How his inflection has improved, how more confident he's become...and also the state of classic gaming then versus now. It's at least the fourth time I heard the Combat episode, but still, well worth the re-listen.

I just listened to this and found it very enjoyable. I wasn't sure Ferg fully understood the role of the B & W switch, but maybe it just didn't express it well (...he might have also expanded on it in later episodes). I had a friend who had worse red/green color blindness than I do, and we had to switch to B & W mode on the color TV, because he couldn't tell the red and green biplanes apart.

Another interesting podcast recently, is one from Freakonomics, discussing the pricing scheme for video games at Chuck E. Cheese's, which includes some discussion with Nolan Bushnell.

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/chuck-e-cheeses-kid-can-learn-price-theory/

• Like 1

I just listened to this and found it very enjoyable. I wasn't sure Ferg fully understood the role of the B & W switch, but maybe he just didn't express it well (...he might have also expanded on it in later episodes). I had a friend who had worse red/green color blindness than I do, and we had to switch to B & W mode on the color TV, because he couldn't tell the red and green biplanes apart.

...Oh, and then Ferg went on to say how cool it would be if someone would come up with a portable Atari device, and then he basically described the ATGames Atari Flashback Portable that's all the rage here. That was fun!

• Like 3

...Oh, and then Ferg went on to say how cool it would be if someone would come up with a portable Atari device, and then he basically described the ATGames Atari Flashback Portable that's all the rage here. That was fun!

And that's one of many reasons he's the [retro-gaming] Pod Father.

[emoji6]

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 4

A new podcast kinda showed up.

Emulate This

A podcast that covers retro all the way up to the Xbox one. So I expect the Nintendo Switch train to be rolling in soon.

Sadly, this one's overproduced and much too morning zoo crew-like. It doesn't compensate for lack of good retro gaming talk. Atari 2600 controller's the logo for the show. I'm not sure they are worthy of it. The opening theme song makes no sense to me.

As for Coin Rejects, they jokingly introduced a drinking game any time an f-bomb is dropped. Several f-bombs were dropped for it. Then some movie clips were played at the end of the episode consisting of their favorite word in the world. I have now permanently altered this podcast, just from ONE review. Heh.

Edited by S1500

If you haven't heard the current episode of Super Podcast Bros (The Parasite Eve episode) you HAVE to hear it. It's long, like 2 hr 45 minutes, but if you want to laugh hard, you have to hear them dramatize a Parasite Eve fanfic in the last 40 minutes of the episode. Definitely NSFW. I haven't laughed that hard in a VERY long time.

Well, it looks like iTunes once again has failed me. It refuses to update podcasts. The last time it says it refreshed any 'cast was last Sunday(8 days ago). Manual refreshes don't work. Yet, it let one episode of RGR go through.

Another fun feature is checking Genius for 10 minutes at startup, even though I swore I shut it off.

ITunes gets worse with each revision, and adds confusion to the GUI. Really un-Apple like.