Sega Nomad system w/ 2 controllers and extras: $10

Sega Genesis Ms Pacman, Joe and Mac, and Sonic 3 $2 each

21 NES games, including Megaman 6, Bomberman 2 $12

NES system w/ accessories and a game $5

3D0 system w/ game $4

9 boxes of Commodore 128 stuff $11

NIB Defender $1

Sega genesis w/ CD, Playstation 1, NES system, all for $27

There is more I'm sure but I'm sleepy and can't think of it. Anyways, auctions are becoming good ways of getting lots of video game stuff.

Tad

And some more luck today, seems luck comes in small doses for me.

3 ps2 Promo dvd's, the games are space channel 5, portal runner and parapa the rapper 2. Ok so the games suck but they are promo dvds cased. Arent stores meant to send these back to sony or the publisher??

And R-type, rastan & road rash for the SMS.

Speaking of promo crap I found 2 promo cardboard nintendo cubes with

ads for release titles on each side.

They where just laying out the front of a Games Wizards store so I went in

and asked about them and the guy behind the counter said they had been out

there for a while but I could have them if I wanted .....

I passed

both had very bad coulor fade, one had a ciggerette burn on the top and the

other was basicaly torn in half :(

I asked about other promo stuff like posters and they said to keep checking

back with them :)

The interesting thing about the 3 promo dvds i got are, they are the full games, they all have a 50/60 hz selector before loading. Unlike the game cube why the frick dont commercial ps2 games have a 50/60hz selector?? Pal FF10 imho is without doubt the worse example ever of useles huge borderlines and lack of recoding for the pal market.

A nice score today from the same thrift I got the Saturn:

Sears telegames 2600 console (4-switch), no power supply- $2!

I left 2 Sega Genny2s there that had all hookups and 1 controller each for $5 each. I guess Ill pick them up tommorow maybe. The more I thought about it, with the A/V cables and the power supplies with them, its a hell of a deal. Those A/V cables can be hard to find.

I alos picked up Genny NBA Live'95 in box for $1.

I found a boxed Mattel Aquarius computer and a boxed cassette drive at a Goodwill. They even had all of the manuals. I don't think these things have ever been used. They don't have a single scratch on either one of them.

I also found this weird "stereo cassette adapter." at goodwill. It makes it possible to play a cassette tape in an 8-track player. I should hook up an 8-track player in my car just so I can go from 8-track to cassette to cd just for the novelty. :D

Went to CGExpo hoping to start rebuiding a collection lost due to circumstances well outside my control. The expo ripped me off just a bit (Atari 7800 in box with all hookups and like-new controllers for more than I would care to admit... I was at the expo ready to spend money, what can I say). Although I did get a new, unopened Atari track ball for $5.00

Since then, I've had a GREAT time at the thrift stores and flea markets. Thrift store in the L.A region, I walked in and there was the Coleco tabletop Frogger in the box with all manuals and advertisement paraphernalia. The unit is literally unused. Batteries inside were exploded and corroded, but the battery compartment and contacts are pristine. Go figure... All for $2.95. Damn lucky on that one. Work PERFECTLY, literally as though it just came off the assembly line yesterday.

Bay Area thrift stores charge FAR too much for their stuff, so excellent deals are really hard to come by. For instance, they sell Genesis2 for $15, without any hookups or controllers or games. Just the box, sold as-is. Pretty much sucks. A buddy found in L.A a Genesis1, 15 games, all hookups, 2 6-button controllers and a organizer case for $25.

In Bay Area thrift store, found a National Semiconductor Adversary for $5.00. Wico 2600 joystick, ball top, for $2.00. Tac 2 for 2600 for $2.00. All work great.

Today, went to a flea market and found a guy selling all sorts of crazy stuff. If he still has his Virtual Boy for sale tomorrow, I just might add that oddball to my collection. Maybe just a wee bit too much for the units, but the bug bit me. Got an NES, almost like new (just needs some cleaning) in the box with the gun (NES Action Set) and all hookups and manuals with five games, an additional joystick, the cartridge cleaner and the Power Pad for $40.00

Intellivision in the box for $25.00 (bit high, I think, with no games)

Fairchild Channel F (loose) with two games still in the boxes for $15. Basically works, with some video artifacts.

Another shop I went to had a ColecoVision, no power supply for $10 and an Atari Video Pinball (tan) for $5. Pinball doesn't work though :-( Still tracking down a power supply for the ColecoVision.

For the Bay Area, these are some of the lowest prices I've seen around. I understand they might not sound like steals to most of you, but you take what you can get. Besides, this is all for my personal collection, not a profit. All in all, not a bad week for me! That Frogger machine wins my personal "Steal of the Week" award though.

Yay! It has been an excellent day of marketing, even in the rain with very few stalls.

1 Famicom with a 1200 in 1 cart, Luckily the fami works with 240 volts. The cart is twice the size of a regular famicom cart and contain 50 games. So now i have 3 famiclones and 2 famicoms. with only one famicom working properly and only 1 famiclone working at all.

1 x Sega Virtua stick, Boxed near mint

1 x Sega Arcade racer, Ditto, Gotta get sega rally out now.

First time I've yard saled in years... I got this all for $20

NES

3 controllers

2 power supplies

2 rf switches

Astyanax

Baseball (NES)

Bases Loaded

Big Bird's Hid & Speak (Boxed)

Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle

Castlevania

Castlevania II

Dig Dug II

Donkey Kong Classics

Dr Mario

Jack Nickalus

Kings of The Beach

Legend of Zelda

Marble Madness

Monopoly

NES Play Action Football

Ninja Gaiden

Pinball Quest

Princess Tomato (boxed)

R.C. Pro-Am

Skate Or Die

Smash TV

SMB/Duck Hunt

SMB/WC Track Meet/Duck Hunt

SMB 2 (2 copies)

SMB 3

Super Glove Ball

Techmo Baseball

TMNT II: Arcade Game

Tetris (Nintendo) (2 copies)

Vegas Dream

Wheel of Fortune- Family Edition

Yoshi

Funny that as soon as somone on AA asks about old PC games the next day

I find some nice ones for a buck each.

Driller

Dark side

both on 5" floppies with A2 size posters.

They're 1987 "3-D" games :)

I also scoped out a "Hanimax programable console". This is an Arcadia isn't it ?

and an "import" gameboy colour game, Pokemon silver for $10 CIB :)

I'll be awake first thing tomorrow to nab these.

Today at a thrift I found A BLAZING DRAGONS game for the Saturn I bought last week. Its boxed with instructions for $1.99.

It sounds like a cool game. The back panel says: "From the twisted mind of Monty Python Troupe member Terry Jones comes BLAZING DRAGON" it also says some voices are done by Cheech Marin and Harry Shearer. Is this any good?

I was just happy to find a game for it. Now I still need a controller and an A/V cable.

:ponder:

I got a white label Math Fun with instructions and overlays for a buck today, along with a couple of other random INTV games I can't recall for a buck each (already took them over to the house since I was packing up my INTV stuff). I paid $12 something for a Snow Brothers for NES but since it usually goes for that or more on ePay I can live with it - nice to finally have a copy to play. :D

Today I hit the Salvation Army and bought a loose SNES deck ($7.95 - bit dirty, but at least it wasn't discolored, I already have a spare power supply and RF switch to form a complete system). I also picked up 2 carts for $4.95 (ugh) each - Mario Kart and the Mario All-stars/Mario World 5-in-1. I would have picked up some more if they were cheaper, but $5 for mostly sports games and common junk is too much.

It's been a while, but I hit some thrifts and flea markets lately, and it's turned out really good.

- 2600 Vader - $2

- 2600 games - $2 ea.

Worm War

Hunt & Score

Beany Bopper

Commando

Spider Fighter

Pressure Cooker

- 3DO - $3 (busted CD drive it turns out)

- bag with Genesis controller, PSU, RF cable, Saturn/PS2 Gun, cables - $6

- C64 monitor - $2

- C64, printer, floppy drive, all as new in boxes (plus they threw in external USB CDRW for some reason- $10

- roll top NES cart organizer - $2

- lava lamp - $2

- welding mask - $2

- 60's furniture for storing LP's - $4

(I know that those last three aren't video games, but I just HAD to tell someone! :) )

Chicago's still a great place for this stuff!

Today at a thrift I found A BLAZING DRAGONS game for the Saturn I bought last week.  Its boxed with instructions for $1.99.

It sounds like a cool game.  The back panel says: "From the twisted mind of Monty Python Troupe member Terry Jones comes BLAZING DRAGON"  it also says some voices are done by Cheech Marin and Harry Shearer.  Is this any good?

I liked Blazing Dragons, myself. I got my copy in an odd way. I was at Kmart and was looking in their glass case with all of the video games. I noticed that they had a few Sega Saturn games, but they were priced at something like $60 apiece (This was WELL after the Saturn's time).

So anyway, I asked the girl behind the electronics counter if she could scan them. she said they weren't in the system. She then asked me if I would pay that much for the game. Of course, I said 'no', but her response is what surprised me.

She asked me how much the game was worth to me. I said about $10. She said, "ok, then I'll let you have it for $10." and that's what I paid.

I don't know if she pocketed the money or what, but that was weird. I have never named my price in a place like that before. lol.