IGNORED

HSC14 Round 6: Mountain King

Crisis Mountain getting further now that I've figured out you need to have a tantrum and bash the floor (press fire when crawling) to stop those timer thingies. Got to level 2. Bit slow on PAL but I like this game, sort of Conanish style :ponder:

post-19705-0-86212300-1491413753_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-67671900-1491414265_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately that YouTube video never gets to the climbing stage. It only goes through the packing of the bag and discovers the cracks in the surface, which I did quite early on as well. I found that you select which arm or leg to move with the fire button, then use up and down to reposition each limb, but the question is which positions you should take to actually get moving one step at a time. The German language in this case isn't really a problem.

Mountains - 3 mountains to climb, also managed to get past the first bit (press up to jump and fire to prod the ice with your thingy!) started the climb and moved limbs then held fire and pushed up and he moved up, though every time I tried a 2nd move he fell off. If you have the hammers you can stop the slide down the hole if the ice breaks on the first bit - though I then fell off after getting his feet dug in. Wonder if you have to go across as well as up on the climb? THE QUEST FOR THE BONUS POINT CONTINUES... at least we learn some German when kitting out the bag!

Despite my ineptitude this game me laugh as it's really quite amusing :D

post-19705-0-07571800-1491414047_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-58274400-1491414069_thumb.jpgpost-19705-0-00506600-1491414058_thumb.jpg

@slx

"23180, three crowns but never made it out of the mountain thanks to those pesky bats."

Try jumping up to the ladders even from a distance and sometimes wait for bats to come on screen before exiting the ladders for the platforms. I seem to have a fairly decent route now:

post-19705-0-67790000-1491413546_thumb.jpg

46,310 Level 4

I've gone for level reached x 1,000,000+score for MK. Score for Crisis Mountain and 1pt for playing Mountains - if anyone makes it more than 1 movement up the mountain they will get a bonus point! Someone out there must crack this one :-D

New poll will start at the weekend - anything else for the games list anyone?

First Tables

Mountain King

1st Dope 7,105,950 12pts
2nd McKong 6,120,700 11pts
3rd Deteacher 5,180,870 10pts
4th CaptainClassic 5,127,590 9pts
5th therealbountybob 4,046,310 8pts
6th RedThunder 2,048,610 7pts
7th jblenkle 1,037,860 6pts
8th slx 1,023,180 5pts
9th carlsson 1,020,610 4pts

Crisis Mountain

1st CaptainClassic 74,493 3pts
2nd therealbountybob 6,700 2pts
3rd carlsson 3,300 1pts

Mountains

1st carlsson 0 1pt
1st therealbountybob 0 1pt
1st CaptainClassic 0 1pt

The spiders web is easy to get out of in the early levels. Just waggle the joystick up and down a few times.

However, when i tried this on level 6 i couldnt escape

Thanks McKong. I was only going decathlon style L/R and it didn't work - I did escape on level 1 once but I was going round and round then... what was that about evolution :-D

I'll put the next poll on in a minute. Be sure to play Crisis Mountain guys it's not bad at all ;)

Round 7 Poll *OPEN* :P

Sorry for not taking part in this round. A herniated disc in my back has put me out of action :(

Ouch :-o wishing a speedy recovery to you.

Has anyone managed to get to the secret level at the bottom of MK - I couldn't seem to jump through the platform, the best I managed was feet 2 pixels deep :ponder:

Ouch :-o wishing a speedy recovery to you.

Has anyone managed to get to the secret level at the bottom of MK - I couldn't seem to jump through the platform, the best I managed was feet 2 pixels deep :ponder:

The trick is that you have to let the demo play all the way through in order to trigger the Easter egg. Once it plays through, start the game and head down to the spiders lair. Go to the right of the blue line, pull down, then move to the left. You'll fall through, onto the game credits first...then into the garbage code afterward.

Also, I started a game on level 8. When you make it to the top, it just repeats level 8 again...nothing special happens.

Edited by Deteacher

The trick is that you have to let the demo play all the way through in order to trigger the Easter egg. Once it plays through, start the game and head down to the spiders lair. Go to the right of the blue line, pull down, then move to the left. You'll fall through, onto the game credits first...then into the garbage code afterward.

Also, I started a game on level 8. When you make it to the top, it just repeats level 8 again...nothing special happens.

Thanks will try again . If any of you guys want to tackle night mode (press Option not Start) for a bonus point or two then go ahead.

I'm still level 4 on MK 52,460.

Crisis Mountain also still Lv4 but not improved score. There are a couple of shortcut jumps on the first boards ;)

RT - Mountain did you not get it to load?

• Like 1

@trbb

I did'nt get Mountain to load :( Not quite sure what todo in Altirra.

Mountains Emulator loading:

Altirra - Select System, Firmware, BASIC (Boot without option key) - tick is displayed on menu item.

Atari800 Win+4.0 - Atari, Settings, uncheck "Disable BASIC when booting Atari".

Remember to disable it again after playing!

:)

• Like 1

Latest Tables

Mountain King

1st Dope 7,105,950 12pts
2nd Deteacher 6,219,470 11pts

3rd McKong 6,120,700 11pts
4th CaptainClassic 5,127,590 9pts
5th RedThunder 4,092,590 8pts
6th therealbountybob 4,052,460 7pts

7th jblenkle 1,037,860 6pts
8th slx 1,023,180 5pts
9th carlsson 1,020,610 4pts

Crisis Mountain

1st CaptainClassic 74,493 4pts
2nd therealbountybob 39,807 3pts
3rd carlsson 3,300 2pts

4th RedThunder 1,900 1pt

Mountains

1st carlsson 0 1pt
1st therealbountybob 0 1pt
1st CaptainClassic 0 1pt

Reminder: If any of you guys want to tackle night mode on Mountain King (press Option not Start) for a bonus point or two then go ahead.

Mountains Emulator loading:

Altirra - Select System, Firmware, BASIC (Boot without option key) - tick is displayed on menu item.

Atari800 Win+4.0 - Atari, Settings, uncheck "Disable BASIC when booting Atari".

Remember to disable it again after playing!

:)

Got it working :-) Thanks.

This is a hard one.

So far crevasses and then promptly fall of the cliff face.

Good game :-)

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 1

This game is by far my least liked one so far in the HSC. I strongly hope E.F. Dreyer Inc have ceased operations by now. Actually I was happier before the HSC when I didn't know how to play the game, and wrote it off as just being weird and stupid, than now that I kind of understand the game mechanics and write it off as being clumsy and stupid. Sorry, I just hate the jumping and how often I miss a platform.

At least I improved my score a tiny bit, and was almost halfways back up through the cave when the timer ran out.

Final score: 27390 pts, obviously on level 1.

post-5454-0-15973900-1492205995_thumb.jpg

• Like 1