IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

Pac & Pal is also available on one of the Jakks Plug & Play NAMCO joysticks, it has 12 games, an excellent twisty stick for Pole Position, & Xevious is an unplayable mess.

IIRR it's the one BEFORE the one that looks like a Pac-Man.

Yeah, I hate fart jokes too. That type of humor is just below the belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Pac & Pal is also available on one of the Jakks Plug & Play NAMCO joysticks, it has 12 games, an excellent twisty stick for Pole Position, & Xevious is an unplayable mess.

IIRR it's the one BEFORE the one that looks like a Pac-Man.

Yeah, I hate fart jokes too. That type of humor is just below the belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Booooooooooo

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

IIRR- If I remember right

IIRC- If I recall correctly

Inky- glad you're enjoying the SA Controller

Dauber- I knew your Vegas story was about to go sour when you said the Pinball HoF was on Fremont.

It's on Tropicana!

Peter Weller also starred in "Cat Chaser". He was RoboCop 2 as well but bailed for part 3, Robert John Burke took over.

(the original RoboCop wasnt 90s, it was 1987) it was my favorite movie until Die Hard came out a summer later.

No RoboCop? No Running Man? Wow, Dauber's missed some good movies.

Edited by RJ

I played Robocop at the local corner store when it was current, and I remember thinking even then that the game just didn't do much for me, but I dropped my allowance into it anyway. In retrospect, I can see that, in the late 80s, so long as new arcade games had flashy graphics and sounds, we'd be drawn to them like mosquitos to a bug zapper no matter how bad they were.

A few years ago, some other podcast was talking about Robocop (No Quarter maybe?), which prompted me to play through the game from start to finish on my MAME cabinet just to see what 25+ years of aging has done to the game. Unsurprisingly, the game has aged about as gracefully as Keith Richards; I think it's absolutely dreadful. It feels kind of like an even worse incarnation of Bad Dudes, insofar as such an atrocity is even possible to realize.

I really dig Smash TV, though. I'd like it even more if the "fast movement" power up were active all the time, but in my estimation, Smash TV is somewhat of a diamond-in-the-rough title for an era of arcades when gameplay tended to fall by the wayside in favor of audiovisual bombast.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the sound of one hand clapping? Why, it's the next installment of the witty, irreverent, and third adjectiveless Pie Factory Podcast. Sean and Jim go all Williams on y'all for the last episode during meteorological spring; see you in June! (Yes, we're watching you!)

http://fab4it.com/piefactory/audio/PFP_Episode054.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess what...it's time for episode 56!

That's right - episode 56, in which we talk about two Nintendo titles, is out! If we got any more specific, the theme would be too easy to guess! But we hope you enjoy this rollicking little kickoff to summer as your Pie Factory Podcast hosts are joined by a special guest to keep things a bit more under control.

http://fab4it.com/piefactory/audio/PFP_Episode056.mp3

• Like 1

Was it Saturday you recorded? It was tropical in MN Saturday, but now it's cold & rainy.

I also remember Piccadilly Circus in the now defunct Har Mar Mall. That had some memories there. I knew it was there at least into the late 80s. That was where I saw the Spy Hunter that was being guarded by some guy's girlfriend.

There was also another Piccadilly Circuis in Highland Park(St. Paul, MN) that was a very vertical-shaped place. They had a Dragon's Lair with a secondary monitor for spectators. The location now is a bank/office building where I hit the gym(Lifetime Fitness). It was next to a Caravan Serai.

Edited by S1500

Sorry for the audio quality on this one. Methinks its my fault.

No, that was actually my bad. Your audio and Tim's audio both came from the Skype recording, while mine just came directly from my mic.

What I SHOULD have done was have you record your own audio (as we usually do) and then just have my audio as usual and Tim's over Skype. Still wouldn't have been perfect, but at least two of us would have had normal-sounding audio rather than just one of us.

Was it Saturday you recorded? It was tropical in MN Saturday, but now it's cold & rainy.

It was a week ago today, actually.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done listening to the Black Widow/Centipede podcast... big fan of both games. Not sure still if I prefer Millipede over Centipede or vice versa and a big shout out to Slither - very underrated game.

To touch upon Black Widow, I recall seeing this game first at a Perry Drugs in the far western 'burbs of Chicago. Kudos to the operator at this place! Some notables: Front Line, Kung Fu Master, Rally X, Two Tigers (dedicated), Hypersports, Robotron, Alpine Ski and Three Stooges to name a few.

Interesting bit of trivia on Black Widow, there was a Taito version created first by Taito. (Atari bought the name rights soon after.) It was programmed by Mark Blaszczyk (same guy who did Kram - Mark spelled backwards). It as of note the roms for the Taito have not been released, apparently the author is not interested at this point. My buddy Joe did manage to get photos of marquee and panel of said game from Mark.

post-17478-0-16850800-1499002513.png

post-17478-0-19803500-1499002518.jpg

• Like 1

Just got done listening to the Black Widow/Centipede podcast... big fan of both games. Not sure still if I prefer Millipede over Centipede or vice versa and a big shout out to Slither - very underrated game.

To touch upon Black Widow, I recall seeing this game first at a Perry Drugs in the far western 'burbs of Chicago. Kudos to the operator at this place! Some notables: Front Line, Kung Fu Master, Rally X, Two Tigers (dedicated), Hypersports, Robotron, Alpine Ski and Three Stooges to name a few.

Interesting bit of trivia on Black Widow, there was a Taito version created first by Taito. (Atari bought the name rights soon after.) It was programmed by Mark Blaszczyk (same guy who did Kram - Mark spelled backwards). It as of note the roms for the Taito have not been released, apparently the author is not interested at this point. My buddy Joe did manage to get photos of marquee and panel of said game from Mark.

Woah! Never knew this was a thing! I'd like to see the proto sometime, if it ever gets dumped.

Time for episode 57!

Believe it or not, this is not the first episode of Pie Factory Podcast to come out in July 2017. Except it is. And it's about two games this time. Just like almost all of the other episodes. You listen now. And you wish Steve Touhy of Touhyville a happy birthday. Now.

http://fab4it.com/piefactory/audio/PFP_Episode057.mp3

• Like 1

Although I'm sure virtvic is cringing, I fully agree with you guys on 1943 being a much better game than 1942 (little known fact: official pronunciation of the latter is "nineteen forty poo").

I agreed with just about everything said about 1942, but after several minutes of chat I was preparing myself to be very disappointed in the review for neglecting to criticize the discordant and meaningless jumble of grating sounds that is presumably intended to serve as some kind of "music," but thankfully JimmyG swooped in at the buzzer to rectify that near-omission.

• Like 2