IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2017 (Season 10)

A fairly small week for gaming in my household this week (especially in terms of tracker eligible time) but it seems like it's been that way for most of the participants here now that summer is well underway. :)

wxZ80CI.jpg

Ineligible

Doom II (Game Boy Advance) - 69 minutes

Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Wii) - 735 minutes

Game Boy

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - 9 minutes

PlayStation

Tomb Raider: Chronicles - 105 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
918 minutes (15 hours 18 minutes) [114 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Wii: 735 minutes

PlayStation: 105 minutes

Game Boy Advance: 69 minutes

Game Boy: 9 minutes

Suffice it to say I didn't really feel like playing much other than Mario Kart Wii this week, but I did have a whole lot of fun playing it. I ended up hogging the retro gaming TV most evenings playing through every circuit until I had finished 1st and gotten the gold medal in all of them (50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and 150cc Mirror) and unlocked every small size kart and bike for my favorite Mario Kart character, which happens to be Dry Bones. Ultimately my favorite vehicles for him ended up being the Magikruiser bike and the Tiny Titan kart, both of which handle similarly and look really neat in my opinion. I always like going off road to take shortcuts in Mario Kart games so those two vehicles work great for my play style.

As far as this misses' gaming time for the week goes, there wasn't much to speak of. She did play a little more Tomb Raider: Chronicles one evening and is now on the 4th and final story of the game, but most of her spare time this week was spent either outside enjoying the summer weather or binging on found footage genre horror movies; so not much gaming for her this week. Looking ahead to next week I'm guessing she'll continue her game in Tomb Raider: Chronicles at some point, and I really should get back to my game of Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I got pretty distracted by the boundless gaming joy that is Mario Kart this week, but maybe next week I can wrap up the Tomb Raider game I've been working on lately. :)

Until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours!

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

I bought a 2 TB external hard drive ... uh, so many years ago that I can't even remember ... and I haven't yet opened the box. I think that is fairly common today among those who can afford, to buy stuff because it seems like a good deal and just in case you would need it later.

In topic related news, yet another new system will debut on the tracker at the end of this week. I may have to write my own games for it though.

• Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 25, running from June 19 - 25. We logged 1622 minutes of eligible play, playing 38 games on a total of 16 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 294

2. Safari Race (SG-1000) - 182

3. Q*Bert's Qubes (Atari 2600) - 140

4. Space Invaders (Atari 5200) - 110

5. Tomb Raider: Chronicles (PlayStation) - 105

6. Shanghai (Sega Master System) - 93

7. Ms. Pac-Man (VIC-20) - 86

8. M.U.L.E. (Atari 8-bit) - 68

9. Ms. Pac-Man (TI-99/4A) - 58

10. Sonic Spinball (Genesis) - 55

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 294

2. Safari Race (SG-1000) - 182

3. Q*Bert's Qubes (Atari 2600) - 140

4. Space Invaders (Atari 5200) - 110

5. Ms. Pac-Man (VIC-20) - 86

6. M.U.L.E. (Atari 8-bit) - 68

7. Ms. Pac-Man (TI-99/4A) - 58

8. Jr. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 40

9. Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 30

10. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 29

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (503)

2. SG-1000 (182)

3. Sega Master System (176)

4. Atari 5200 (145)

5. PlayStation (133)

6. TI-99/4A (92)

7. VIC-20 (86)

8. Atari 8-bit (68)

9. Genesis (60)

10. Arcade (50)

Fun fact in a quiet (but platform-diverse) Week 25: Kaboom now has exactly 196,000 minutes logged.

It also grabs the #1 spot across the board, followed by the Sega SG-1000 and Safari Race at #2 across the board. That slate of second places gives the SG-1000 has its best-ever weekly finish as a platform, and ties its best previous result on the individual charts, since Ninja Princess pulled #2 once back in Week 38 of 2010.

(And guess what was in first place that week? Why, 'twas Kaboom -- and so, with no disrespect to this week's #33 game King Kong, it was Beast killed the Beauty.)

• Like 6

Atari 8-bit:

Defender - 17 min.

Defender Prototype - 10 min.

Diamondz 2 - 4 min.

VTech Laser 500:

Flipper - 4 min.

About 5.5 years ago, I bought this Laser 500 computer. It is somewhat uncommon in Europe, though not really rare by my definition. Most of them come in fake leather cases complete with a tape recorder and a generic BASIC course. The MAME emulator has a module for it, however there exists just about zero software online to be downloaded as well as very little online documentation. Eventually I decided to type in some listings found in old Italian Laser Club magazines. The most advanced one requires joystick which I don't have, and I haven't rewritten it for proper keyboard play. The game I ended up loading on the real hardware to play also was slightly rewritten wrt controls and while it is not the most elegant game ever played, it has a certain charm to load and play something on a system with otherwise no available software.

post-5454-0-29115100-1498512687_thumb.jp

Now I'll try to write some games of my own, as I gather more and more information about how it works. I've even dug into Z80 machine code programming for this purpose!

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (May 26th through June 2nd)...

Arcade:

Pac-Man - 16 min.

Xevious - 43 min. in 2 sessions

Atari 2600:

Jr. Pac-Man - 186 min. in 2 sessions

Commodore 64:

Frogger Arcade - 12 min.

Munchy - 200 min. in 6 sessions

Pac-Man - 27 min.

NES:

Ice Climber - 22 min.

Online (non-eligible):

Super Stacker - 2 min.

Flash Pacman - 29 min.

This week I played more Pac-Man clones... starting from the original version over the C-64 version (which isn't so bad gameplay wise) and a C-64 clone called Munchy, which has a more high-resolution maze and multicolor sprites, but is more off in other ways. In it, each fruit only appears once, the ghosts don't slow down as much when blue, but to make up for it, the blue time is longer, and they don't seem to be as aggressive as in the original version. The title tune and some of the sounds have changed as well. I actually researched a bit what the SID on the C-64 would be able to do, and I'm pretty sure it would be possible to do a Pac-Man clone that is much closer to the arcade version than anything that's been released, like they did it on Frogger Arcade which is another game I tried.

The Flash version is surprisingly true to the original, it only has finer resolution and a lower framerate (as usual for Flash). Most of the sounds are pretty accurate except for the monster eat sound. Differences to the original version are that the gameplay briefly halts if you eat a fruit and the eyes take longer to return to the ghost house. Oh, and you get an extra life at 10,000 points and every 20,000 points thereafter while you only get a single extra life at 10,000 in the original version.

Then I played the Atari 2600 version of Jr. Pac-Man with the aim of seeing all the mazes, starting at the maze where I lost the game. After a while I managed to finish the 7nd and last maze, but only by setting it to half speed from maze 4 on. Some mazes are easier than others mainly because the ghosts are not too bright and easily get tangled up in more complex wall arrangements.

Other than all the Pac-man games, I played the arcade version of Xevious, Ice Climber on the NES (which was the pack-in game when the NES was released here back in 1987 and nicely introduces the Nintendo style of games, being somewhat similar to Mario Bros.) and an online game called Super Stacker where you should stack various objects in a given pattern.

• Like 4

ATARI 2600

Enduro - 30 minutes

Pole Position - 40 minutes

Q*Bert's Qubes - 1 minute

EVIDENCES OF THE WEEK:

1) Pole Position for 2600 NEW HSC Season 6, Week 23 - 60,460 points

post-24681-0-66561600-1499039738_thumb.jpg

2) Q*Bert's Qubes Game B - 5 points just to make someone laugh! :-D :grin: :D :grin:

(Posted at HighScore.com - it is the FIRST score for this game, category and variation, which will result on me winning one more FIRST trophy)

post-24681-0-24681400-1499039979_thumb.png

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 4

My times for the week:

Famicom Disk System:
Koneko Monogatari: The Adventures of Chatran - 3 min.
SNES:
International Tennis Tour - 491 min.
PlayStation:
All-Star Tennis '99 - 3 min.
All-Star Tennis 2000: Yannick Noah - 5 min.
Baby Felix Tennis - 59 min.
Buttsubushi - 67 min.
Cosmic Race - 9 min.
Cosmowarrior Zero - 2 min.
CT Special Forces - 3 min.
Diver's Dream - 1 min.
Global Domination - 2 min.
Kirikou - 3 min.
Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force - 3 min.
Mortal Kombat II - 2 min.
Rescue Shot - 2 min.
Submarine Commander - 3 min.
Titan Wars - 2 min.
Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return - 2 min.
Nintendo 64:
All-Star Tennis '99 - 40 min.
Centre Court Tennis - 232 min.
Game Boy Color:
Snoopy Tennis - 2 min.
Beat International Tennis Tour (at last!) on Professional difficulty (the highest), as well as Baby Felix Tennis and Centre Court Tennis (on Hard difficulty).
I also beat Buttsubushi -- a fun single-screen arena combat game, along the lines of Bomberman crossed with Pengo -- on difficulties 1-2 of four, and cleared Tournament mode on Medium difficulty (which I've done before) in All-Star Tennis '99 on the N64.
Otherwise I mainly tried out various PlayStation games from Europe and/or Japan.
  • Like 5

Singin' Wii will, Wii will, rock you! :lol:

1gaN5fc.jpg

Ineligible

Centipede: Infestation (Nintendo Wii) - 60 minutes

Ghost Squad (Nintendo Wii) - 122 minutes

Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Wii) - 42 minutes

Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Game Boy Advance) - 124 minutes

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Nintendo Wii) - 615 minutes

Game Boy

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - 16 minutes

PlayStation

Tomb Raider: Chronicles - 488 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,467 minutes (24 hours 27 minutes) [504 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Nintendo Wii: 839 minutes

PlayStation: 488 minutes

Game Boy Advance: 124 minutes

Game Boy: 16 minutes

As with almost every year when the weather starts getting hot, for me this week was another week of basking in nostalgia for and enjoyment of the Nintendo Wii. The Wii might not seem retro enough to be nostalgic about for many of the older gamers here, but as someone in my 30's the decade plus old Wii came out over 1/3 of my life ago and was my system of choice when I was just starting to come into adulthood and find my place in the world. I've got a lot of very fond memories attached to the times I spent playing it back then, and I still enjoy playing it just as much today. :)

I did finish up my game of Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the Wii this week, then right when I thought I was done with it I saw what my reward for finishing the game was… Director commentary for every level on my next play through! I enjoyed this remake of the original Tomb Raider so much the first time around that getting the added bonus of director commentary was enough to convince me to play through it again, and at this point I'm probably 2/3 or so of the way through my second run through the game. Getting insight into the game's design from the perspective of the level designers for both the original Tomb Raider and this remake is definitely turning out to be worth the second play through for me.

The only tracker eligible game I played this week was 16 minutes of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on the Game Boy, and in spite of my best efforts I'm just having a really hard time getting into this game. It's similar enough to Super Mario Land 2 that I want to like it, but there's something that I can't quite put my finger on about the game that just makes it feel not very compelling to me. I think I might shelve this one for the time being and give Metroid II: Return of Samus for the Game Boy a try instead. I have been wanting to play Metroid II again ever since Nintendo announced the upcoming remake of it for the 3DS, so that's probably what I'll be focusing on playing next week.

The only game the spousal unit played this week was Tomb Raider: Chronicles on the PlayStation, but she did have a good time wrapping it up and ended up beating the game shortly before I sat down to write this post. Her final thoughts on it were that it was a very enjoyable and well made game for the 3 of the 4 stories included in Tomb Raider: Chronicles, but the 4th and final story was overly difficult and plagued with many game breaking bugs (the kind of bugs that will make it impossible to finish the game if you accidentally trigger them then save your game). Having now played through and beaten all 5 of the Tomb Raider games on the PlayStation she concluded that the first two games in the series were excellent but that Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, and Tomb Raider: Chronicles weren't terribly good due to them being nearly unbeatable without a strategy guide. I can't say I disagree with her either, since from what I remember of the last time I played them I don't think I ever needed a strategy guide for Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider II but the last three were definitely all "guide games" and had a lot of puzzles in them that most people probably wouldn't be able to figure out on their own.

Anyway, that about wraps it up for this week! I've got no idea what the misses will be playing next week but I think I might give Metroid II on the Game Boy a go. Until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

Not a lot for me this week...

VCS

Pole Position (emulated) - 35 minutes (Most of my memories of a Pole Position game come from playing it at a Mazio's Pizza back when I was probably around 9 or 10 years old. I even still remember where it was in the arcade area.)

River Raid (emulated) - 12 minutes (I used to be really pretty good at this game. Good enough to get an Activision patch back in the day. Wish I still had that patch... anyway, was playing it emulated and I think it may be an easier game to play with the old joystick as opposed to the a D-pad.)

Dig Dug (emulated) - 10 minutes (Another fun game I remember from my childhood, both playing in the arcade and at home (although the home version was on my step-brother's 5200).)

Master System

Astro Warrior (emulated) - 15 minutes (I need to check my emulator and see if there's a turbo fire option. Decent little shooter.)

Other than that, I didn't really do anything timed. I added a few more TurboGrafx/PC Engine games to my emulated games and tested each to make sure the emulation was okay, but played each less than a minute in most cases. These included:

AeroBlasters - no time recorded (Side scrolling shmup... looks nice so far, but hard)

Coryoon - no time recorded (Another side scroler shmup... or cute-em-up... lots of stuff flying around on screen... fruit to collect... looks fun, but didn't get far into it)

Daisenpu - no time recorded (Vertical shmup this time... WWII inspired, so far my only enemies have been tanks...)

Dragon's Curse - no time recorded (I recently finished the Wonder Boy III remake, so not sure how much I'll play this, but we'll see)

Kyuukyoku Tiger - no time recorded (Thought this might be a TIger-Heli port, but it's different... not by a whole lot, but still...)

New Adventure Island - no time recorded (This one was mislabeled and the rom I downloaded was actually just the Japanese language version of Dragon's Curse... Oh well)

Ninja Ryuuken Den - no time recorded (TG port of Ninja Gaiden)

Salamander - no time recorded (Side scrolling shmup... it's the TG version of Lifeforce for the NES... or however you want to say that... same game...)

Shanghai - no time recorded (Thought I had played enough Shanghai last week? Well guess again! Played until I beat a board to see if it had a dragon and it did. Included a video. The surprising part? I beat it on the first board!)

Sinistron - no time recorded (Side scrolling shmup... I had heard this one was hard. I didn't get very far into it, but again, my aim was just to make sure it worked for now.)

Soldier Blade - no time recorded (Vertical shmup... I have this one on the Wii Virtual Console, too... a great shmup, with vibrant beautiful backgrounds... great game)

Somer Assault - no time recorded (More fun than I thought it would be, played until my first death which wasn't until like level 3 I think... and I died because I ran out of time... got lost in the level looking for the end boss)

The Shanghai Dragon...

• Like 5

I added a few more TurboGrafx/PC Engine games to my emulated games and tested each to make sure the emulation was okay, but played each less than a minute in most cases. These included:

I'll count these as 1 minute each, except for 2 minutes on Shanghai and 5 min. on Somer Assault. Sound good?

• Like 5

I'll count these as 1 minute each, except for 2 minutes on Shanghai and 5 min. on Somer Assault. Sound good?

lol, sure. I'll probably put in some more time on several of them this coming week. But then I had today off and spent most of it fishing instead of playing games. Funny, I like fishing, I like video games, but I don't like fishing video games that much. /shrug

• Like 3

Re: PC Engine, I soldered a RGB SCART cable for one last week, but due to the fact I didn't have any hand controller at home, I could only watch the eight games I have at hand in demo mode, not play them. Possibly I'll bring home a controller later this week, which will allow me to post play times for thus games. :)

• Like 4

N64:

Goldeneye - 1179 minutes

This week was mildly busy, but not that busy so I had more time to play stuff than last week.

So, the game of the week was Goldeneye. I've really wanted to pick this up and play, as I haven't been giving any WRs any work for a little while and the just following the community which has been destroying previously untied world records or tying up some other very hard ones. So, I found time after work and on my off-days when I wasn't out with family to do some of this... it's not going very well but whatever, I'm slowly gaining on a few and crawling back up towards the Top 100. I lost a good few ranks on the leaderboards as my old scores are worth less points now, so I want to make it back where I was or go higher on the leaderboards.

Past that, I really failed at what I said I'd do - attempting patches for the Activision Patch Quest thing - and screwed up real good as I achieved some of the ones for myself (Robot Tank 6 Squadrons, Crackpots, etc.) and then had deleted my pictures due to having to reset my phone... I know I can do them - the only one I've never got the requirement for before is the Laser Blast 1,000,000 - so I should probably try to do those again and actually post over there.

So yeah that's it. I've been failing to keep up with this thread and post times even though it's one of the tabs that opens up when I start Firefox, so maybe I'll try to remember? In a week or two I'm going to maybe track a few PDP-8 times here as I put money down for two of the PiDP-8 kits which allow a Raspberry Pi to go inside of an enclosure that looks like a DEC PDP-8 with all the LEDs and switches and everything... if I could get it to work with the RPI, I may finally have a use for the old paper tape reader anyway which would be cool, and if not then I can still mess with the old software. I also got an HVC-001 Famicom with a box of games, RAM pack, and FDSStick finally thanks to a seller that CatPix always talks about which should be here in a week or two, so that is going to be neat after I clean it up.

• Like 5

Re: PC Engine, I soldered a RGB SCART cable for one last week, but due to the fact I didn't have any hand controller at home, I could only watch the eight games I have at hand in demo mode, not play them. Possibly I'll bring home a controller later this week, which will allow me to post play times for thus games. :)

I do that sometimes just to watch them play or have it in the background. Specifically for the TG/PCE, one of my favorites is Raiden.

• Like 2

TO JIN:

DON'T be sad by dropping to 6th place on the 2600 NEW HSC Season 6 Rankings after the completion of Round 23 (Pole Position).

Remember that good health is one of your priorities. You're one of my greatest friends here on Atari Age! :) ;) ;-)

The current TOP 8 is:

1. oyamafamily 794
2. snakeboy 589
3. Vocelli 583
4. S.BAZ 573
nads 573
6. Jin 569
7. Diamonds 555
8. darthkur 536

• Like 3

Here's the summary for Week 26, running from June 26 - July 2. We logged 4725 minutes of eligible play, playing 64 games on a total of 17 systems.

Top 10:

1. GoldenEye 007 (N64) - 1179

2. Pole Position (Atari 2600) - 503

3. International Tennis Tour (SNES) - 491

4. Tomb Raider: Chronicles (PlayStation) - 488

5. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 343

6. Phantasy Star IV (Genesis) - 333

7. Centre Court Tennis (N64) - 232

8. Munchy (C64) - 200

9. Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 186

10. Final Fantasy III (VI) (SNES) - 90

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Pole Position (Atari 2600) - 503

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 343

3. Munchy (C64) - 200

4. Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 186

5. Xevious (Arcade) - 43

6. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 31

7. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 30

7. Space Invaders (Atari 5200) - 30

9. Pac-Man (C64) - 27

10. Moon Patrol (Arcade) - 26

Top 10 systems:

1. N64 (1451)

2. Atari 2600 (1075)

3. PlayStation (656)

4. SNES (581)

5. Genesis (333)

6. C64 (239)

7. Atari 5200 (108)

8. NES/Famicom (99)

9. Arcade (85)

10. Atari 8-bit (31)

Week 26 is shaken, not stirred by the arrival of James Bond's favorite FPS at the top, as GoldenEye takes the #1 slot and leads the N64 to the summit for the week.

Meanwhile three games fight it out for a closely-contested second place. One of those, Pole Position, is this week's #1 pre-NES game. Another, Tomb Raider: Chronicles, makes the 1000-minute club this week in spot #290 with 1227 minutes logged to date. And the third, International Tennis Tour, is...a really long tennis game that wildly overstays its welcome. Ah, well.

• Like 5

And now it's time for:

2017 Mid-Year Stats

So far in 2017 we've played:

- 1277 games

- 70 systems

- 175,494 minutes, or just under 122 days

That's another big increase in gameplay time -- over one-third -- from 2016. However, the number of games increased by less than 2%, while the total number of systems represented only went up by two. Interesting.

In any event, here are the top 100 games of 2017 so far, with all times in minutes. As you can see, a long-time champion has finally been dethroned! (Well, it's been dethroned of the midyear crown, anyway -- it's still got plenty of other laurels.)

Our #1 and #2 games separate themselves from the pack by a wide margin, but check out the 2-minute difference between our #3 and #4 games.

Games:

1. Lawnmower Man, The (SNES) - 14724

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 8788

3. Baldur's Gate (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 3781

4. GoldenEye 007 (N64) - 3779

5. Suikoden II (PlayStation) - 3697

6. Suikoden (PlayStation) - 3434

7. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Tomb Raider 4) (PlayStation) - 2444

8. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) - 2372

9. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 2215

10. International Tennis Tour (SNES) - 2124

11. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - 2016

12. Splatterhouse (Arcade) - 1865

13. Baseball Stars (NES/Famicom) - 1853

14. Flappy (NES/Famicom) - 1640

15. Half-Life (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 1590

16. Nocturne (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 1550

17. Lemonade Stand (TI-99/4A) - 1500

18. Dungeons of Daggorath (CoCo 1 & 2) - 1413

19. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 1291

20. Kizuato (NEC PC-9801) - 1288

21. Diablo (PlayStation) - 1286

22. Shiryou Sensen: Browning no Fukkatsu (NEC PC-8801) - 1270

23. Tomb Raider: Chronicles (PlayStation) - 1227

24. Millipede (Atari 2600) - 1202

25. SimCity 2000 (Sega Saturn) - 1200

26. Kouryuu Densetsu Villgust: Kieta Shoujo [aka Armored Dragon Legend Villgust: Missing Girl] (SNES) - 1183

27. Night Trap (Sega 32X CD) - 1177

28. Donkey Kong (Game Boy) - 1096

29. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 1095

30. Lemmings (Mac OS Classic) - 1083

31. Henhouse (TI-99/4A) - 1070

32. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 1059

33. Shiryou Sensen 2 (MSX2) - 1045

34. Skiing (Atari 2600) - 996

35. Syphon Filter (PlayStation) - 956

36. Quake II (PlayStation) - 954

37. Never-Lander (TI-99/4A) - 925

38. Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 889

39. Doom (PlayStation) - 873

40. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 846

41. Alundra (PlayStation) - 832

42. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) - 830

42. Wizard's Doom (TI-99/4A) - 830

44. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PlayStation) - 819

45. Premier Manager 1 (Amiga) - 739

46. Tutankham (Arcade) - 738

47. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 720

48. Lord of the Rings: Vol. 1 (SNES) - 709

49. Tetris: The Grand Master (Arcade) - 700

50. Silent Hunter (PC (DOS)) - 673

51. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 665

52. Monopoly (Game Boy Color) - 656

53. Quadrun (Atari 2600) - 644

54. Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 636

55. Moon Patrol (Atari 2600) - 634

56. Pole Position (Atari 2600) - 632

57. Chopper Command (Atari 2600) - 631

58. Metal Gear (MSX2) - 621

59. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 614

60. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 610

61. Werewolves and Wanderers (BBS Door Games) - 600

61. Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe (Intellivision) - 600

63. Alien Resurrection (PlayStation) - 581

64. Sim City 2000 (Mac OS Classic) - 580

65. Toy Bizarre (C64) - 558

66. Robot Tank (Atari 2600) - 545

67. Popeye (Atari 2600) - 544

68. Centipede (Atari 7800) - 539

69. Jawbreaker (Atari 2600) - 538

70. Card Sharks (C64) - 530

71. Chase the Chuckwagon (Atari 2600) - 524

71. Nuts & Milk (NES/Famicom) - 524

73. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - 514

74. Smurfs Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (Atari 2600) - 511

75. Galaxian (Atari 2600) - 495

76. Kaboom (Atari 5200) - 490

77. Lead (Atari 2600) - 479

77. Xevious (Atari 7800) - 479

79. Defender (Atari 2600) - 470

80. Pepper II (ColecoVision) - 456

81. Blake Stone (PC (DOS)) - 453

82. Oregon Trail, The (Apple II) - 450

83. Yars' Revenge (Atari 2600) - 421

84. Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition (Game Boy Color) - 413

85. King’s Quest (Apple II) - 400

85. Rusty (NEC PC-9801) - 400

85. Tokio Twilight Busters (NEC PC-9801) - 400

85. Wedding Bell ha Takakara ni (NEC PC-9801) - 400

89. Encounter at L-5 (Atari 2600) - 397

90. Drakkhen (SNES) - 394

91. Choplifter (Sega Master System) - 380

92. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 375

93. Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy) - 368

94. Millipede (Arcade) - 367

95. Entombed (Atari 2600) - 363

96. Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PlayStation) - 361

97. Moai-Kun (NES/Famicom) - 358

98. Alien Trilogy (PlayStation) - 352

99. Pole Position II (Atari 7800) - 346

100. Gyruss (Atari 2600) - 343

And here are the top 100 games on pre-NES platforms for the first half of 2017:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 8788

2. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 2215

3. Lemonade Stand (TI-99/4A) - 1500

4. Dungeons of Daggorath (CoCo 1 & 2) - 1413

5. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 1291

6. Shiryou Sensen: Browning no Fukkatsu (NEC PC-8801) - 1270

7. Millipede (Atari 2600) - 1202

8. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 1095

9. Henhouse (TI-99/4A) - 1070

10. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 1059

11. Skiing (Atari 2600) - 996

12. Never-Lander (TI-99/4A) - 925

13. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 846

14. Wizard's Doom (TI-99/4A) - 830

15. Tutankham (Arcade) - 738

16. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 720

17. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 665

18. Quadrun (Atari 2600) - 644

19. Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 636

20. Moon Patrol (Atari 2600) - 634

21. Pole Position (Atari 2600) - 632

22. Chopper Command (Atari 2600) - 631

23. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 614

24. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 610

25. Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe (Intellivision) - 600

26. Toy Bizarre (C64) - 558

27. Robot Tank (Atari 2600) - 545

28. Popeye (Atari 2600) - 544

29. Centipede (Atari 7800) - 539

30. Jawbreaker (Atari 2600) - 538

31. Card Sharks (C64) - 530

32. Chase the Chuckwagon (Atari 2600) - 524

33. Smurfs Rescue in Gargamel's Castle (Atari 2600) - 511

34. Galaxian (Atari 2600) - 495

35. Kaboom (Atari 5200) - 490

36. Lead (Atari 2600) - 479

36. Xevious (Atari 7800) - 479

38. Defender (Atari 2600) - 470

39. Pepper II (ColecoVision) - 456

40. Oregon Trail, The (Apple II) - 450

41. Yars' Revenge (Atari 2600) - 421

42. King’s Quest (Apple II) - 400

43. Encounter at L-5 (Atari 2600) - 397

44. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 375

45. Millipede (Arcade) - 367

46. Entombed (Atari 2600) - 363

47. Pole Position II (Atari 7800) - 346

48. Gyruss (Atari 2600) - 343

49. Rally Speedway (Atari 8-bit) - 330

50. Rabbit Trail (TI-99/4A) - 315

51. Attack of the Timelord (Odyssey^2) - 310

52. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 303

53. Romancia (Sharp X1) - 300

53. Bouncy (TI-99/4A) - 300

55. Wall Jump Ninja (Atari 2600) - 298

56. Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom (C64) - 296

56. Reading On (TI-99/4A) - 296

58. Crystal Castles (Atari 2600) - 286

59. Donkey Kong PK (Atari 7800) - 284

60. Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom (Atari 2600) - 283

61. Double Dragon (Atari 7800) - 280

62. Pac-Man (Atari 5200) - 274

63. Asteroids (Atari 7800) - 273

64. Amidar (Casio PV-1000) - 272

65. Early Learning Fun (TI-99/4A) - 270

66. Seaquest (Atari 2600) - 263

67. Masters of the Universe: He-Man (Atari 2600) - 261

68. Snafu (Intellivision) - 250

69. Fast Food (Atari 2600) - 249

70. Beginning Grammar (TI-99/4A) - 241

71. Major Tom (TI-99/4A) - 235

72. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 232

73. Plaque Attack (Atari 2600) - 226

74. Donkey Kong Jr. (Atari 7800) - 223

75. Q*Bert's Qubes (Arcade) - 205

76. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 202

77. Joust (Atari 7800) - 201

78. Munchy (C64) - 200

78. Jesus (NEC PC-8801) - 200

78. Tower of Druaga, The (Sharp X1) - 200

81. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 197

82. Ninja Golf (Atari 7800) - 194

83. Donkey Kong (ColecoVision) - 193

84. Killer Bees (Odyssey^2) - 190

84. Dragon Mix (TI-99/4A) - 190

84. Parsec (TI-99/4A) - 190

84. Ms. Pac-Man (VIC-20) - 190

88. Dragster (Atari 2600) - 189

89. Centipede (Arcade) - 182

90. Safari Race (SG-1000) - 182

91. Legend of Sinbad (C64) - 180

91. Legends II (TI-99/4A) - 180

91. Sparkdrummer's Challenge: Rescue at AtariAge (TI-99/4A) - 180

94. Q*bert (ColecoVision) - 179

94. Tutankham (Intellivision) - 179

96. Getaway (Atari 8-bit) - 176

97. Mario Bros. (Atarisoft) (C64) - 170

98. Hans Kloss (Atari 8-bit) - 165

99. Oystron (Atari 2600) - 162

100. Space Attack (Arcade) - 161

And finally, here are the total gameplay minutes for all the systems we've played so far this year:

1. Atari 2600 (31023)

2. PlayStation (22566)

3. SNES (20979)

4. TI-99/4A (13313)

5. Arcade (8035)

6. NES/Famicom (7448)

7. PC (Windows 95/98) (7241)

8. N64 (6603)

9. Atari 7800 (5604)

10. NEC PC-9801 (5241)

11. Game Boy (3907)

12. C64 (2857)

13. MSX2 (2536)

14. Atari 8-bit (2356)

15. ColecoVision (2310)

16. Mac OS Classic (2288)

17. Genesis (1950)

18. Game Boy Color (1939)

19. Atari 5200 (1883)

20. CoCo 1 & 2 (1860)

21. NEC PC-8801 (1830)

22. PC (DOS) (1827)

23. TG-16/PC Engine (1730)

24. Sega Master System (1662)

25. Odyssey^2 (1614)

26. Sega Saturn (1613)

27. BBS Door Games (1300)

28. Intellivision (1284)

29. Sega 32X CD (1177)

30. Apple II (1084)

31. Amiga (1083)

32. Sharp X1 (700)

33. Game.com (690)

34. Sega CD (683)

35. Watara SuperVision (610)

36. Dreamcast (600)

37. Emerson Arcadia 2001 (475)

38. Sharp X68000 (334)

39. WonderSwan (323)

40. Bally Astrocade (306)

41. Casio PV-1000 (301)

42. SG-1000 (297)

43. FM Towns (236)

44. VIC-20 (231)

45. Vectrex (212)

46. Atari Lynx (118)

47. Mattel Aquarius (113)

48. Atari Jaguar (100)

49. MSX (96)

50. Fairchild Channel F (92)

51. Interton VC-4000 (85)

52. Tiger R-Zone (80)

53. Philips CD-i (78)

53. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (78)

55. Game Gear (75)

56. Virtual Boy (67)

57. 3DO (65)

58. Compucolor II (60)

58. Gamate (60)

58. NEC PC-8001 (60)

61. CoCo 3 (53)

62. Commodore PET (14)

62. Epoch Super Cassette Vision (14)

64. CP/M (12)

64. Famicom Disk System (12)

66. ABC-80 (7)

67. Sinclair ZX Spectrum (5)

68. Vtech Laser 500 (4)

69. Tandy MC-10 (3)

70. Microbee 32 (2)
  • Like 7

lol, sure. I'll probably put in some more time on several of them this coming week. But then I had today off and spent most of it fishing instead of playing games. Funny, I like fishing, I like video games, but I don't like fishing video games that much. /shrug

I like fishing too. I haven't been in a long time though. :)

The only fishing game I've played is Fishing Derby on the 2600. It's ok. I don't know if I'd like other fishing games or not.

• Like 2