IGNORED

Defender of the Crown and Treasure Island Dizzy Arrive on the Jaguar!

Albert

yes but I can't USE a cartridge.. let alone make a review video from it

[EDIT[

Unfortunately (DotC), it doesn't work under emulation anyway. There are no plans for a digital download of this title.

Sorry, I read that wrong :) It's topped 49c here.. forgive the brainfrazle!

Regarding Dizzy, again, unfortunately not, it will remain a boxed release only.

[EDIT[

Unfortunately (DotC), it doesn't work under emulation anyway. There are no plans for a digital download of this title.

Sorry, I read that wrong :) It's topped 49c here.. forgive the brainfrazle!

Regarding Dizzy, again, unfortunately not, it will remain a boxed release only.

Thanks anyway.. looks like I won't be covering the Jaguar version but in theory, would it be possible to use existing released footage for a Dizzy Retrospective video I'm working on please?

(and sorry I asked, but they say you never know unless you ask and I would have been willing to pay)

Thanks anyway.. looks like I won't be covering the Jaguar version but in theory, would it be possible to use existing released footage for a Dizzy Retrospective video I'm working on please?

(and sorry I asked, but they say you never know unless you ask and I would have been willing to pay)

Sure, go ahead, not a problem :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to Joust (using gamepad)? I have tried it about 25 times and I either lose or hit the opponent's horse (and lose all my land).

Am I supposed to press the button or not? where am I suppose to hit the other? In most game guides it says the middle of the shield, but even if I end the joust pointing it there, it seems I will not win.

Can anyone tell me if there is a chance to buy a ROM image to use on an emulator please? As a Dizzy nut, I'd love to play this game and love to cover it in my series of Dizzy videos..

Many thanks in advance

Couldn't you just emulate it on the ST at that point?

I need to play Dizzy and DotC on my Jag still. Been playing my 5200 more than the Jag lately.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Treasure Island Dizzy tonight. What a pleasure to play. I love puzzle platformers.

My only question: I could only manage to find 29 of the 30 coins. Now on the Amiga version; when you go back to blow up the beam with TNT, there is a bee again up at the top of the cliff past the beach (second picture.) I notice it didn't appear in this version? Can anyone help me out as to where it may be in this ST Version? The only place I couldn't check was in the clouds to the right of the island in the sky. I hopped off to the left and left my pogo stick up there.

I checked every hut, tree and bush. I didn't miss a thing that i'm aware of. Wondering if i glitched and missed the bee the second time?

Thanks, and can't wait to play the rest of the series!!

End of the game, fun fun! Only 29 coins :/

post-38373-0-39589300-1550388367_thumb.jpg

Nope....no bee here....back to the drawing board

post-38373-0-57853100-1550388614_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

#209 of 300 shipped for Defender of the Crown on February 22nd. I just purchased a copy, along with Treasure Island Dizzy, from the Store and am curious to see what # of 300 I get a little more than four months later. Gotta be coming down the home stretch of this limited run! Get 'em while you still can, people!