IGNORED

INTV GOTY 2018 results

How does Atari (or other systems) vote on their polls? I dont recall seeing them on AA.

At the moment I don't see what the problem is. Two of the best games of the year are in lead. And there are not that many votes that someone could say the must be fake ones.

But there are always people who claim the moon landings ware fake.

At the moment I don't see what the problem is. Two of the best games of the year are in lead. And there are not that many votes that someone could say the must be fake ones.

But there are always people who claim the moon landings ware fake.

Its always I , or assume , assuming . It still doesn't change that it can happen or that it has not happened.. Really it doesn't matter that the two games you and 27 other people think are the best games are leading,, That means nothing , It can happen and even if its one vote ,which this year it may come to that.

Its always I , or assume , assuming . It still doesn't change that it can happen or that it has not happened.. Really it doesn't matter that the two games you and 27 other people think are the best games are leading,, That means nothing , It can happen and even if its one vote ,which this year it may come to that.

I didn't vote for one of these games.

Two of the best games of the year are in lead.

That's very subjective.

From what I've seen so far (and from some recent complaints about not reaching sales targets), many in this community have shied away from purchasing every single game. That means that some of these games have not been played at all by some. Does that make them the very "best games of the year," or just the most popular ones in this poll?

Personally, I don't care either way. I didn't get a chance to play many of them, so from the ones I actually played, I voted for the one I liked. *shrug* I suspect many did the same.

-dZ.

• Like 1

That's very subjective.

From what I've seen so far (and from some recent complaints about not reaching sales targets), many in this community have shied away from purchasing every single game. That means that some of these games have not been played at all by some. Does that make them the very "best games of the year," or just the most popular ones in this poll?

Personally, I don't care either way. I didn't get a chance to play many of them, so from the ones I actually played, I voted for the one I liked. I suspect many did the same.

-dZ.

yup agreed and I did the same thing when voting as well.. Plus More and more gimmicks to boost sales are increasing as well. (this is a sign of things to come, take this comment anyway you want to) like I have mentioned the fish can only feed so many sharks when you in a small pond. Keep Swimming Keep Swimming !!! ;)

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

I really don't understand the conspiracy theories or the need to project some kind of shadowy dealings in every single thread. This place just isn't that deep or complicated. It's a simple vote for a favorite game from the last year. Is it really necessary to inflate its meaning to anything more than that?

For the sake of full disclosure, I am (currently) the lone vote for Meteors. I haven't been able to thoroughly play through my backlog of new games so I selected the game I enjoyed the most from the ones I had played enough to truly have a good grasp of their entire scope. It's a really fun take on a classic program and was beautifully adapted for play on the Intellivision. There is every chance I could wind up enjoying other offerings like DKJR or Steamroller more but until I have the time to really delve into playing them I feel I have to vote on what I know.

I'm just glad to have come along at a time where there are enough options to actually have a backlog of unplayed games. It's a happy problem to have. Takes me back to the early 80s when the system was new and there were so many games to play from Mattel and Imagic. It's a great time to be an Intellivision fan.

• Like 2

I really don't understand the conspiracy theories or the need to project some kind of shadowy dealings in every single thread. This place just isn't that deep or complicated. It's a simple vote for a favorite game from the last year. Is it really necessary to inflate its meaning to anything more than that?

For the sake of full disclosure, I am (currently) the lone vote for Meteors. I haven't been able to thoroughly play through my backlog of new games so I selected the game I enjoyed the most from the ones I had played enough to truly have a good grasp of their entire scope. It's a really fun take on a classic program and was beautifully adapted for play on the Intellivision. There is every chance I could wind up enjoying other offerings like DKJR or Steamroller more but until I have the time to really delve into playing them I feel I have to vote on what I know.

I'm just glad to have come along at a time where there are enough options to actually have a backlog of unplayed games. It's a happy problem to have. Takes me back to the early 80s when the system was new and there were so many games to play from Mattel and Imagic. It's a great time to be an Intellivision fan.

But, but, but ... some conspiracy theories are more fun that playing games. :grin: I still say it was the aliens. Or the one-armed man. :grin:

• Like 2

Like this?

shark-with-human-teeth-20.jpg

Alien Sharks more like it.. lol

After 26 pages ........I cant believe what I reading in another thread.. unreal maybe it needs to be put on this list too.. There is only one place that belongs .. It in a fire pit. No acceptance or acknowledgement of that game should even be a thought or considered by our community .. Keep in the secret club.. Wow is all I can say.. Flaps wide open , and spewing out of the Pandora Box ...

Edited by m-crew

I hardly think anyone here is encouraging or approves the stealing of Artrags or anyone elses code. For you to suggest otherwise is ridiculous and you know it. Stop making trouble with your conspiracy theories please.

Acknowledging the existence of Gyruss is not approving of it.

I hardly think anyone here is encouraging or approves the stealing of Artrags or anyone elses code. For you to suggest otherwise is ridiculous and you know it. Stop making trouble with your conspiracy theories please.

Acknowledging the existence of Gyruss is not approving of it.

I did not mention none of that your the only one saying this.

I please read my post and dont assume.