IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

An old school (circa 1982) stuffed Donkey Kong for $2 - this one's my fave
I have one of those! Is yours the big one or the small one? I got mine off eBay for about the same price. Small one. I see them there all the time, both sizes. So cool and old skool. :D

I got some nice finds last weekend:

Sega Megadrive, MegaCD, 32x and about 10 games for $5 Aussie (I think thats about $3.50 US) at a local garage sale

And an Amstrad CPC6128 with colour monitor for $10 at the recycling centre at the local tip

Picked up Kangaroo, GORF, Freeway and Sky Jinks at a local thrift. Also got five C64 carts. Looked to see if the C64 was there but couldn't find it. $1 apiece for the Atari carts, 50 cents apiece for the C64 carts.

-S

This weekend was pretty decent

Picked up a commodore 64 boxed for $10

After I bought it he told me that sold for $25 on epay with the box. I think he was feeling guilty for selling me two broken atari sticks with it, no big whoop what he doesn't know is I have like 6 working atari sticks at home. ;)

got some more atari stuff

Missile command(sears)

slots(sears)

Dragster

Bowling(sears)

Space Invaders(sears)

2 atari power adapters all for $5 :D

over the last couple of weeks I have found:

Atari 2600 complete missing the switch box w/ 5 games $5

Atari 7800 Complete w/16 games $5

Atrai 2600 System only $2.50

Intellivision II Complete w/ the System Changer (allows 2600 games to be played on the Intelli) $2.50

Super Mario RPG SNES $2 (pawn shop find)

NES:

Tecmo Bowl $2

Tecmo Super Bowl $3

Contra w/instructions and plastic case $4

Contra $2

Wow, 2 atari finds in a year - already a record for me. :D I only wish the lady would have broken up the package cause we didn't need yet another 2600 or some of the games. Guess what will be for sale at our yard sale this summer,lol. :wink:

So for 30$ we got the following:

-A 2600 6 switch, 2 paddles, 4 joysticks, a "telegames center" box to go under a system and hold games,and the following games:

football(sears),haunted house(sears),warlords(sears),basketball(sears), blackjack,grand prix,space war,home run,adventure,super breakout, pacman(sears),spiderman,star ship,speedway II,video chess, arcade pinball,surround,gunslinger,stellar track, steeple chase and yars' revenge(sears) (all of which we didn't have)

as well as: donkey kong, boxing,chopper command, starmaster,missile command,night driver,asteroids,bowling,combat,demons to diamonds,space invaders, raiders of the lost ark, and real sports volleyball (all of which are doubles or triples now)

- a colecovision (which is one system we didn't have!) -w/ 2 controllers and the following games:

donkey kong, donkey kong jr, time pilot, buck rogers, gorf, zaxxon, centipede, q-bert and wing war. The games are in these cute little cube shelves that connect together and hold 4 games each.

All the games also came with manuals which was nice bonus too.

The lady said she could have sold the Atari alone for 80-100$ on E-pay (of course) but yet she took 30$ when her asking price was 35. All in all not a bad little haul.

Saturday I found a Sega CD model 1, Game Gear w/rechargeable batery pack, Lunar 2 for sega CD, Shining Force 2 for Gamegear, Genesis model 2 complete with hookups and controllers, and 30 more sega CD and genesis games for only $10.

While not exactly thrift finds, I did find a copy of "Urban Champion" for the NES loose at an EB. I mean, it was only $4 and in good condition.

The thrifs around here have been awfully dry lately though. :(

Hope I have luck at the flea market this coming weekend.

Great Finds

-3 RCA Phono to 75 OHM adapters for $3.18 at old Army computer store (Also have nice Commodore PET, too pricey for me.)

-2 Playstation/ PS2 extensions for $1.00

-Madcatz PS2 Starter Kit (Controller, extension cable, DVD Remote) for $5.00

-All Mortal Kombat games for Genesis (Cant remember which I had) for $6.00

-ESPN National Hockey for SEGA Cd, for $1.00

-Mystery Sega RF switch (In Playstation RF box :x) $3.00

-A/B Switcher $3.00

Also saw a SNES w/ 11 boxed games for $90.00, yeah right, I'm gonna jump on that!

Sale 2

-Punchout for NES $1.00

-NES Cleaner Kit $1.00

Day 2

-Sega Saturn complete, 2 sealed controllers, 2 Saturn/ Playstation Guns w/ red laser sights 8) 2 Saturn Extensions, Virtua Cop, Daytona USA, Some fighting game, something like Virtual Fighter w/ manuals, and boxes for 30.00. Why so cheap you ask, someone spilled Orange soda all over it, and the Disk lid stuck, lots of gunk inside.

Passed up: Sega Sports games .50 ea.

Playstation for $25.00

Sega Genesis w/ 11 games, no hook ups for $25.00

Atari 2600s $25.00 each

Atari 2600 games, commons $1.00 ea.

I probobly forgot something.

Coconuts is going out of business, so I stopped in to see if there was anything, and boy was there ever!

Qix Neo for PSX Brand new in shrinkwrap and plastic store box for $4.99 - 20%

Xbox Exhibition Volume 03 to complete my set brand new $7.99 - 20%

And I FINALLY found DOOM for GBA without eBay in box, used with manual for $14.99.. WAIT! That's not the final price.. FIFTY PERCENT OFF. A copy of DOOM for GBA for a mere $7.50! To hell with eBay and EB Games' $30 price tags!

Plus Titanic Widescreen used for $5. I figgered, what the hell?

Before that, I went to Game Stop and picked up three games I have wanted for a loooong time.

Zelda Link's Awakening DX for GBC, $12.99 - 10%

Zelda Oracle of Seasons for GBC, $16.99 - 10%

Zelda Oracle of Ages for GBC, $16.99 - 10%

The latter two, I've never played before. I have a hell of a lot to do for the longest time.

I am damn happy. :D

Ok, Its been a very Japanese weekend with many cool finds, Where to start?

Octopus Game and watch in excellent condition, no battery cover though.

One of those g&w's with the caluculator "thief in the garden" has a code TG18. Anyone know who manufactured these?

The following Jap Saturn RPG's

Sorvice, Playable yet in jap

Blue Breaker, As above

Enemy Zero, In jap and english, a 4 disc saturn title

Soul stealer, playable, cool title

Some U.S saturn Sports games

NHL97

Fifa 96

PGA 97

Some UK jap titles

Die hard triligy

Need for speed

10 Super famicom carts, mint / sealed.

Mario Kart

Super strike eagle

Tetris 3

King of Rally

Bombliss

The others i cant work out, theres a pachinko and slot machine cart etc

Need for speed under ground for the xbox, $10

Operation wolf, boxed for SMS

Manic Mansion, boxed, Nes

I visited the new PrePlayed location in Madison and found all of the following for $0.99 each:

5200 Keystone Kapers Activision 3

2600 Tanks But No Tanks ZiMAG 5

2600 Decathlon Activision 3

2600 Zaxxon Sega 3

2600 Popeye Parker Brothers 2

2600 Spider-Man Parker Brothers 3

INTV SW: TESB Parker Brothers ~3

CV Front Line Coleco ~2?

CV BurgerTime Coleco ~2?

CV Mouse Trap Coleco ~2?

CV Super Action Baseball Coleco ~2?

CV Subroc Coleco ~2?

The find made me happy for a few reasons:

-my first ZiMAG cart

-probably my third (or so) "wild" find of a 5+ game

-nice Colecovision additions

-a return to ~$1 pricing! St. Vinnie's still prices VCS carts at $1.50, but the other thrifts and used game shops have driven prices up to ~$3 around here... and for some reason, Cosmic Ark is nearly as common as the omnipresent Combat.

-Happy Scientist

I was lucky enough to find a stockpile of NES games in their plastic sleeves at Bargain Thrift in Oklahoma City for only $2 a piece. Included in this binge were Classic Concentration, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bubble Bobble, Yoshi's Cookie, Paperboy, and Jeopardy Jr. Edition. I also scored a SNES Game Genie complete with box, papers, and codebook for $3.49. The thrift gods were good to me. Unfortunately, I think I used up all my thrift karma for awhile.

Jennifer

I was lucky enough to find a stockpile of NES games in their plastic sleeves at Bargain Thrift in Oklahoma City for only $2 a piece.  Included in this binge were Classic Concentration, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bubble Bobble, Yoshi's Cookie, Paperboy, and Jeopardy Jr. Edition.  I also scored a SNES Game Genie complete with box, papers, and codebook for $3.49.  The thrift gods were good to me.  Unfortunately, I think I used up all my thrift karma for awhile.  

Jennifer

Would that be the Bargain Thrift on NW 16th or the SW 45 & Penn location?

I got Donkey Kong Jr. Math for $1 at the NW 16th location.