IGNORED

Compiling lists of Atari, Corp. (re-release) label variants

Christophero Sly

Here is a list of Atari red label variants as well as updates for the black background and gray background re-releases. I'm having difficulty getting these lists to render consistent formatting across different browsers. The lists seem to look alright in Safari and IE, but Firefox isn't quite right. Let me know if these are really garbled for anyone.

Thanks to shining slade and staberinde for help in compiling the red label list. :cool:

Also, if anyone owns the following carts or can direct me to a scan on the web, please let me know.

Basic Programming -- '86 Error Label -- "Use with Paddle Controllers" or "Use with Joystick Controllers" EDIT: Confirmed by CPUWIZ

Brain Games -- '86 Controller Info Omitted EDIT: Confirmed

Home Run -- '86 Error -- "Use with Paddle Controllers"

Video Checkers -- '86 Controller Info Omitted

EDIT: Most recent updates can be found at the beginning of this thread.

Edited by Christophero Sly

Home Run -- '86 Error

925592[/snapback]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Actually, I'm looking to verify that an '86 exists without a sticker covering up the "Use with Paddle Controllers" error.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting a photo. It's cool to see the joystick sticker variant.

Edited by Christophero Sly

Home Run -- '86 Error

925592[/snapback]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Actually, I'm looking to verify that an '86 exists without a sticker covering up the "Use with Paddle Controllers" error.

Nonetheless, thanks for posting a photo. It's cool to see the joystick sticker variant.

925631[/snapback]

I am sure somebody, at some point, peeled that sticker off. What would that prove?

On a side note, I have an extra ©87 Homerun available. :)

I am sure somebody, at some point, peeled that sticker off. What would that prove?

Probably, but I'd imagine that some mark or residue would be left, indicating the sticker had once been there. I saw a re-release Codebreaker on ebay recently that had the "Use with Paddle Controllers" error, but there were wear marks that made it look as if a black sticker that once covered the error had been removed.

The reason I'm asking about this variant and the other three variants above, is because they are specifically listed on the Giant LVAR list. However, I haven't been able to verify their existence and I would like to do so before adding them to the list I'm constructing.

Actually, I can add one more listed in the Giant LVAR list that I haven't been able to verify.

Star Raiders -- Any '86

I have 3 additional Black Label updates to add.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-RARE-Pac-ma...1QQcmdZViewItem

(1987 Pac Man Use With Joystick Controllers - No Bids Yet - Minimum Bid $4.99)

(I already have this one)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5180010689

(PAL 1987 Missile Command - With Controller Information Omitted - PAL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

(1986 Sky Diver - Controller Information Omitted)

I have 3 additional Black Label updates to add.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-RARE-Pac-ma...1QQcmdZViewItem

(1987 Pac Man Use With Joystick Controllers - No Bids Yet - Minimum Bid $4.99)

(I already have this one)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5180010689

(PAL 1987 Missile Command - With Controller Information Omitted  - PAL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

(1986 Sky Diver - Controller Information Omitted)

925709[/snapback]

Cool! Thanks. I've added them to the list.

Atariguide shows another PAL Battlezone not listed on your red list.  It's actually more of a brown label than anything really.

I've never been able to find one though.

925986[/snapback]

There is a Millipede like that too. I'm not sure where to put them. They appear to be gray label re-releases with red-brown backgrounds. They probably belong with the gray labels.

I added brown labels to the list. I went by if the label looked more brown than red. It's a judgment call on some. Chris, when you're done compiling the list, pm me so I can update anything on the giant list. Anyone who was on my email wantlist received the giant list via email in MS Word format last night. If you'd like to be added to the list, send me your email address and I'll send you it and add you to the monthly updated emailing.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Sly, when are ya going to update the red labels? Glossy label vs. Regular label vs. Brownish-red label?? :ponder: Actually, I just wanted to bump this thread because it was starting to meander it's way onto page 3 of the thread posts! :P

933771[/snapback]

Working on it. I've had a real busy month so far. It's fairly time consuming to go back and identify the label style/color of each variant on the list. It'll get done though. :D

I did update the black label list with two new variants.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has any new later release labels, manuals or boxes not on the giant list I've been updating, do a scan please and give me all info I normally have in the list. The new update is about to be emailed sometime in the next few days. Those of you on it will get it, those who aren't but want one, pm me your email address. Thanks.

Phil

Christopher, is there really a PAL red label Q*Bert without a P appended to the model number?

I only know this version (with 'Hong Kong' printed on it, instead of 'Taiwan'):

post-6203-1128589960_thumb.jpg

8)

943268[/snapback]

I checked my reference for that entry and it has a "P". I'll fix it on the next update. Thanks. Let me know if you see anything else that is questionable.

I've added Basic Programming with paddle controller error to the list. I just remembered it was a variant I had specifically asked about, so thanks for the verification CPUWIZ. :cool:

I still need to confirm the following three. They appear on Giant LVAR list and/or Phil's list, so I assume they exist, but I haven't been able to get direct confirmation for any of them yet. If anyone has these, please let me know.

Brain Games -- '86 Controller Info Omitted

Home Run -- '86 Error -- "Use with Paddle Controllers"

Video Checkers -- '86 Controller Info Omitted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...