Bubsy Bobcat Fan Blog

October 2017 - "I See the Yellow Cat and I Wanna Paint It Orange"

Posted by doctorclu, 14 March 2017 · 174 views

October 2017 - "I See the Yellow Cat and I Wanna Paint It Orange" So for a while I've had this yellow cat that I've had in mind to look more Bubsy like.  It was the place I stored my Bubsy kit cap.

Some orange spray paint was passed my way, I tried it out on the yellow cat, and liked it and went to work....

Looks better with the hat...

And decided till I can make a better one, how about...

Cruiz'in NintendoAge - September 2017 - Bubsy 2 for GameGear?

Posted by doctorclu, 05 March 2017 · 148 views

Cruiz'in NintendoAge - September 2017 - Bubsy 2 for GameGear? Time is relative.   This entry titled September 2017 was written in March 2017.  Why?   Because I want to make sure the blog has an entry for every month, so each one of these entries I make I write to count.  I am not sure there will be Bubsy material for months to come.

Figure get a few months ahead and then when the...

Cruiz'in Spain - August 2017 - BUBSY EN ESPAŅOL!

Posted by doctorclu, 05 March 2017 · 111 views

Naturally I love collecting, within reason, anything for the Bubster.   I have picked up copies naturally in English both UK and American, Japanese, and Russian.  I have copies showing up in Dutch, and I'm also seeing a beautiful copy in German out there.  And I was thinking tonight how great it's be to see a Spanish copy.  Well l...

Cruiz'in Scratchpad - July 2017 - More Bubsy games!

Posted by doctorclu, 02 March 2017 · 89 views

Cruiz'in Scratchpad - July 2017 - More Bubsy games! Discovered a website called Scratch where people make online applications and programs:

What is great about this is there are a few Bubsy games on this site!

I'll feature some on this link but one is Bubsy in Scrtchnapped .

A cute game.   I have downloaded the Scratch file.  Not sure how that would work normally as...

Cruiz'in Russia - June 2017 - Бабси & Бабси II

Posted by doctorclu, 22 February 2017 · 124 views

Cruiz'in Russia - June 2017 - Бабси & Бабси II So today I got two new Bubsy cases from Russia.

A comparison of the Bubsy cases with the Russia cases on the bottom and the Genesis (USA) and Mega Drive (UK) cases on the top row.

A comparison of the Bubsy II cases with the Russia cases on the bottom and the Genesis (USA) and Mega Drive (UK) cases on the top row.

Here we have pict...

Cruiz'in VGM Music - May 2017 - The Bubsy FFT Jukebox for the Genesis

Posted by doctorclu, 26 January 2017 · 164 views

Cruiz'in VGM Music - May 2017 - The Bubsy FFT Jukebox for the Genesis Tonight was a great night.  

So I've been playing with porting the mod files from Bubsy: Fractured Furry Tales from the Atari Jaguar to play on the Sega Genesis.   As I posted previously, I got the mods to play on a mod converter (Toy Story mod).   There were NTSC and PAL mod binaries made.  The NTSC binaries play...

Cruiz'in VGM Music - April 2017 - The Bubsy Jukebox for the Genesis

Posted by doctorclu, 22 January 2017 · 148 views

Cruiz'in VGM Music - April 2017 - The Bubsy Jukebox for the Genesis (Yes yes, I know, this was written in January.  What can I say?   I'm kicking butt in some developments right now so knocking out stuff now to clear the books for when I go camping later)  ;)

So while trying to get a mod to play on the Sega Genesis (or more specifically my Sega Gopher portable) I came across the resource to give...

Cruiz'in the Sega Gopher - March 2017 - Jaguar Bubsy Music now playable on Genesis!

Posted by doctorclu, 21 January 2017 · 208 views
Bubsy, Sega Gopher, Mod music
Cruiz'in the Sega Gopher - March 2017 - Jaguar Bubsy Music now playable on Genesis! Hey Bubsy fans!   Have you ever wanted to play Bubsy Bobcat: Fractured Furry Tales from the Atari Jaguar on the Sega Genesis?

Well you can't.  :P

But today you can play all the mod music from that Jaguar game on your Sega Genesis, or in this case the Sega Gopher or whatever you call that Sega handheld system that Atgames sell...

Cruiz'in YouTube - February 2017 - Sega Flashback Portable (Part 2)

Posted by doctorclu, 13 January 2017 · 163 views

Awesome news folks.  I mean extremely awesome.

There is a new game that Bubsy has been added to.

Isn't that just amazing?  :D  

You can find the patch file here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3275/

Also I found the Russian Bubsy version and added it to t...

Cruiz'in YouTube - January 2017 - Sega Flashback Portable

Posted by doctorclu, 12 January 2017 · 175 views

Evening all.  Tonight we look into playing Bubsy 1, Bubsy 2, and Bubsy in Sonic 2 on the Sega Flashback Portable, or Sega Gopher, or whatever you want to call it!  :D

(Apologies for the sound being out of sync... blah!)
If you would like to try these out on your Sega Portable Flashback t...