IGNORED

Issues with new saint emu, win32 hatari and steem engine

I have the following issues with saint (v2.00)

Rtype keeps crashing (not loading) after the electric dreams logo

Chaos Engine doesn't seem to recognise that a joystick button has being pressed (to continue loading and access other screens/the game)

Issues with Steem engine (v32 debug)

Rtype doesn't start the game most of the time (issue with recognising the joystick button being pressed)

Chaos engine doesn't start sometimes (same as rtype, issue with recognising that a joystick button has being pressed)

Issues with win32 port of Hatari (formerly winston/stew)

The cartridge image option doesn't work, i.e. when you get to the main menu (after you've selected your cartridge image) and select reset st and press okay...nothing happens

Chaos engine doesn't load properly (graphics corruption, incl. game screen)...this also was the case with previous winstons/stew versions

Edited by carmel_andrews

Issues with Steem engine (v32 debug)

Rtype doesn't start the game most of the time (issue with recognising the joystick button being pressed)

Guess what.... On my megaste D-bug's Rtype doesn't "see" joystick input....

But I will try it again...maybe it needs to be in the mouse port..

Anyone else having problems playing D-bug's R-type release.

-rick

Rick,

hmm, strange. I'll have a go on my brand new mste in later and will test what happens.

[EDIT]: I just ran in it on my mste, gave no issues at all. Try again and tell us what happens :)

Off topic: My mste is a German model. Currently I use a TV to get a display. My old UK STE uses uhf channel 36 (or so) to display pic, but the mste seems to use some weird band and I get lots of interference from other channels. Is there any way to change the modulator to point to another frequency?

George

Edited by ggn

Issues with win32 port of Hatari (formerly winston/stew)

The cartridge image option doesn't work, i.e. when you get to the main menu (after you've selected your cartridge image) and select reset st and press okay...nothing happens

Chaos engine doesn't load properly (graphics corruption, incl. game screen)...this also was the case with previous winstons/stew versions

Well, dunno for the other emulators, but hatari actually has a user mailing list and also a bug reporter.

You can subscribe to the user mailing list here: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=28326

The bug tracker is here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2...amp;atid=393019

Before reporting any issue to any developer though please check and double check what you do. Try downloading again the images you want to use, if possible from different sources and try different TOS versions, memory configurations (lots of games/menus break with 4Mb RAM). Then ask forums like these to ask for guidance from other people. Then if noone can help then contact the authors for help.

I'll try Chaos Engine on latest CVS version of hatari myself, and if you'll post here the images of the carts I'll try them as well.

[EDIT]: just tried THe d-bug version with hatari cvs, tos 1.62uk and 1 meg of memory. It works perfectly. Try downloading another copy.

George

Edited by ggn

Rick,

hmm, strange. I'll have a go on my brand new mste in later and will test what happens.

[EDIT]: I just ran in it on my mste, gave no issues at all. Try again and tell us what happens :)

Off topic: My mste is a German model. Currently I use a TV to get a display. My old UK STE uses uhf channel 36 (or so) to display pic, but the mste seems to use some weird band and I get lots of interference from other channels. Is there any way to change the modulator to point to another frequency?

George

So so I'm doing this right..... which port do i use for the joystick? mouse or 2nd?

-rick

When i had to use my megaste on a tv i used one of these....

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...;products_id=42

picture was much better then using an old tv switchbox.

I got mine at a local electronics store for few$$$.. cheap....

So so I'm doing this right..... which port do i use for the joystick? mouse or 2nd?

-rick

Joystick port (or 2nd as you put it) should work fine.

When i had to use my megaste on a tv i used one of these....

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?ma...;products_id=42

picture was much better then using an old tv switchbox.

I got mine at a local electronics store for few$$$.. cheap....

[clueless] Umm... so my tv has to have a coax input? How can I find that out? [/clueless]