IGNORED

Toyshop Trouble is brilliant!

godzillajoe

My friend game over the other day and was playing TT and he was loving the fact that there was AT-AT Snowwalkers from Star Wars in the game(He is a big Star Wars fan).

That's starting to become a tradition. We had an AT-AT in Reindeer Rescue, too. :D

the AT-AT in TT looks even better than the one in Parker Bros. ESB game

Edited by PressureCooker2600

Does the game END after the 24th?

Nope, it ends in January. The ending scene was simply brilliant to look at. First you see falling snowflakes on your screen, then the screen flickers and goes black for a few seconds and just when you think that the game has crashed, you see Albert shipping all the toys that you have previously painted.

:cool:

It's worth the wait. Believe the hype. One of the coolest 2600 games ever.

I always wanted to do a Santa game that scrolls like Defender and plays like Paperboy.

You control Santa's sled and drop packages into chimneys of "good" kids while avoiding the bad houses.

Various obstacles slow you down

And when it gets foggy Rudolph's nose gives you short range visibility

Maybe I can get that ready for the 2012 Holiday cart if I ever figure out this 6502 stuff

I always wanted to do a Santa game that scrolls like Defender and plays like Paperboy.

That was actually my first idea for a game. I was trying to figure out how I could do a kernel to show Santa's sleigh being pulled by four reindeer (with proper coloring for everything) and then someone offered a little suggestion about toys and conveyors and I ran away with that.

Maybe I'll do the present-dropper game next year, though it should be noted that a television commercial (I think for TV Guide) used the concept aeons ago.

This game is good! I only had a brief try before going to work, but came back and got to Dec 11th. Is this game only 4K?? Simply amazing if it is. It looks very advanced. The real winner is the gameplay though. Keeps you coming back for more. Who made this game? Was it you Nathan Strum? I don't like putting fingerprints on the manuals, and always leave them in the wrap. :P

Well, at my little gathering last weekend, supercat brought a bunch of stuff with him, including Toyshop Trouble. On his way out he left another copy for me to borrow. I DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT BACK!!!! :) Seriously, this is one helluva game! (Unfortunately, I only had enough money to get Pac-Man Collection! -- in fact, I technically didn't even have enough money to get THAT...)

BTW -- so far I've gotten up to January 5.

Oh, and supercat -- I must compliment you on including Snoopy. :) (Snoopy is my hero...)

Edited by Dauber