IGNORED

I "heart" /| <--- (ho-made atari logo)

megamanical

I recently was lucky enough to acquire my entire collection (2600 4 switch woody), 4 joysticks, 2 paddle sets, and 77 cartridges (one duplicate) in one fell swoop. I got it through a database where I work, where people are basically unloading stuff they don't want - usually for cheap :twisted: !

So far, I just sit in the semi-gloom (remember pulling every curtain in the living room to avoid the glare?) and gloat over my newly acquired treasures.

I intend to keep every single game cart! mwhaa-haa-haa! (of course, they're all common - I checked! :D

Sorry, wasn't thinking when I abbreviated! But I'm a girl, so that's okay! I'm new in here but have read a few of the posts. Did anyone have these as their favaories (to play)?

Mega Mania

Video Pinball

Haunted House

Superman

Or did I just have suck-y taste back in the day? I didn't see much mention in here of any of these games!

Haunted House rules! I loved that game as a kid and still do!

I didn't have Megamania or Superman as a kid, but I did play them and have come to love them a great deal since I added them to my collection.

Video pinball is good, but rolls WAY too easy and is inferior to Midnight Magic!!!

Wow... Great haul! Did you get all that for nothin???

All those games you named are awesome. My friends and I also used to play the hell outta video pinball when we were younger. In fact I played it about a month ago... and of course got my ass waxed. Not as good as I once was.

I had Haunted House, but I never really liked it. I remember when I got it. My parents bought me two games HH and ET. I could choose one to open straight away, the other one had to wait until my birthday :twisted: Well looking at HH and it's cool box cover I went straight for it. I plugged it in and played it for a while and went is that it?? Just to repetetive gameplay and I guess I was expecting a lot more, judging by its cover art :) But it did have really nice sound, loved the thunder fx.... Hmmm, maybe its time to give it another chance....

As for the rest of the games, didn't have any of them ...

sorry, roll the score back to 0000000. In my day we called it "flipping," but now they calls it "rolling."

Tip: Since you can "bump" the table, you can actually have a very firm control of the ball. You must first get the ball to bounce vertically between the bumper below and the ceiling above and through the number or fuji slot. Depending on the "gravity" of the table at that time, all you have to do is methodically "nudge" the ball each time it rebounds off the ceiling or bumper in the opposite direction of the gravity. With just a little "nudge" each bounce, you will have that extra ball or that number counter rolled in no time. It takes a little practice, but once you've got it down, video pinball is a walk in the park.

If you need that explained more clearly or with screenshots, let me know.

Hope that helps.

moycon - can you believe I got the whole thing for $38 !! I gathered that the guy selling it somehow got it from his brother and was not interested in it.

When I went to pick it up, I asked the guy "You really gonna sell ALL this?" I still don't see how he could part with it! He said, "yeah, my wife and I played it for about 2 weeks and it was boring as hell, the graphics suck." I was like, "yeah, you're right." Then I hurried and handed him the money and took off as quickly as I could!

It makes up for my mom selling my original system at a garage sale for $25!! :x

Oh- my main objective for playing "Superman" was to finish it so I could hear that stupid three note song at the end - how weird is that!! :ponder: