IGNORED

Gravitar price?

bigferret

I saw that someone mentioned that he would pay $100 for Gravitar. Is this for real? Just curious because I know a place in town that has it sealed in a box for $5.

I didn't think it was that rare, really, and I normally want games for my 7800 and Jag more than 2600 stuff so I didn't give it much thought....

But, if it is a cool game I wouldn't mind having it.

Fun, maybe, occasionally

Frustratingly hard?  You best believe it!  I still can't get past the first system!!!  (ok I did it maybe twice, ever).

Still worth having.

2600 Gravitar is an excellent game .. and well done .. I enjoy it immensely as there is so much to do and so many planets and levels to complete. I get so engrossed in it .. and forget I am playing a (lowres) 2600 game.

I use the Starplex 5 button controller ( this thing is set up like arcade Asteroids control) (Left, Right, Tractor/hyperspace, Thrust, Fire). It makes for a great Gravitar experience. I also use it for 2600 Thrust and Vectrex Minestorm and Vectrex Gravitrex.

Red label Gravitar is common .. pay $1 for it, play in your 7800 and enjoy!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Gravitar is a great game, but VERY hard if you play with the gravity on. I find it very difficult with the gravity off also. I also like trying to get through the vortex. I tend to have no problems getting to the center, but once I shoot the center I have a hard time getting back out.