IGNORED

Shadow of the Colossus on PS3

ManShowBoy

First thing, Shadow of the Colossus is my new obession. I picked up the game yesterday and haven't stopped playing it sense, it is a fantastic game that unlike anything i've ever played.

Second. The game looks like crap in 480p on my PS3. Whats displayed on my tv looks nothing like the screen shots of Colossus I see online. I wish the PS3 would play the game right because it's a fantastic looking game but the jagginess of the polygons is irratated me. Is it the backwards compatabily of the PS3 making it look like crap, or am I just been use to the graphics of Resistance and Motorstorm?

It amazes me to go back to an older consol and start playing games on it.

The graphics are always much worse then I recall...even the PS2 suffers from it. I had played through the new Lego Star Wars on the 360, a short time later I was in Best Buys and the familiar sounds of the game made me turn. What I saw was a jaggy mess and I was thinking why does that game look so bad, then I looked down and saw it was running on a PS2. Some people say that graphics don't matter to them at all...and I say that's good for them, but personally I like the new generation of cosoles. The graphics are much much cleaner than the last generation. You really notice it when you go back and play some of the older stuff.

Every time a new console comes out i'm like, "wow, graphics can't get any better than this". Then 5 years later when another next gen console is released and I go back to play my old console im like, " how did I ever think this looked good?, this looks terrible"

Amazing isn't it? :D

That's one reason I consistently laugh at the "we don't need better graphics, it's as good as it'll ever get (or needs to be) now" folks :P

Edited by remowilliams

It's definitely going to be the connoisseur's system. Few people will be able to afford it, but the ones that can will be fiercely loyal to it... and will likely look down on those who can't. I suspect that many PS3 owners will adopt the same attitude that Neo-Geo fans had in the 1990's.

JR

The elitist attitude would seem a bit silly to me. It's a whole different ballgame with Neo-Geo being in the SNES/Genesis era vs. PS3 today. PS3 isn't head and shoulders ahead above Xbox 360 in term for raw power like Neo-Geo was over the 16 bitters.

In Winnipeg, I have seen them in several stores. I don't think they are too tough to find now. Mind you, when some of the good games start to be released the system may become tough to find again. :)

With the new price at some retailers ($699.99 at Best Buy and ToysRUs) it may be easier to get one there as opposed to the $679.99 WalMArt price and the $659.99 EB price. Mind you, these prices can change in a moments notice.