IGNORED

bB Version 1.0 released!

batari

awsome batari. I was just talking about that on the chat.

I will definately check it out.

the current 2600IDE isn't compiling the bas files correctly

I haven't had time to test with 2600IDE, though bB does work without it. I can speculate on this though - this version of bB requires that the path and an environment variable is set, and with 2600IDE you might need to set them in Windows as outlined in the tutorial.

Also, maybe check the 2600bas.bat file and see if 2600IDE overwrote the file with its own (which is for an old version of bB.)

I may find some time tonight and look into the problem, or maybe someone else can offer some more insight?

awsome batari. I was just talking about that on the chat.

I will definately check it out.

I haven't had time to test with 2600IDE, though bB does work without it. I can speculate on this though - this version of bB requires that the path and an environment variable is set, and with 2600IDE you might need to set them in Windows as outlined in the tutorial.

Also, maybe check the 2600bas.bat file and see if 2600IDE overwrote the file with its own (which is for an old version of bB.)

I may find some time tonight and look into the problem, or maybe someone else can offer some more insight?

the one problem I noticed is that it's not recongizing the player commands(player0 ....)

I will try with out IDE though.(as well check the bas)

I might not be remembering correctly, but I thought attendo had to update the IDE with each major release:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72573

Maybe someone should send attendo a PM to let him know the latest version of bB has been released.

Edited by Random Terrain

OK, figured it out. You need to make a copy of 2600bas.bat to 2600baside.bat, then set the environment variable and path as outlined in tutorial session 3 (see bB website.) Then restart 2600IDE, and it should work.

EDIT: make sure you also copy sed.exe from its subdirectory to your bB folder, or you'll have to press a key in the DOS window that 2600IDE makes when compiling.

Edited by batari

This is terrific news.

At Batari's request I am retiring the old "semiofficial" homepage, which never got the attention from me it needed.

The old link redirects, the old content is at

http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/home.html

Hey, who here does

http://www.atari2600land.com/basic/index.html ?

I have a thing or two I wouldn't mind seeing there... it looks like that site is what I intended to do at http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/home.html -- actually would you consider putting in screenshots? I think it would make the whole thing a lot more fun...

• Like 1

I got it working but it's not complining to the 4k size

(decided to clean out all my past files I had(I accidently delted my own game as well arghh!! luckly I know how to make it) and decied to start over. using the current version of batari and ide.

it saids it complies then Icheck the file and it's a zerok file instead of the standard 4k.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

At Batari's request I am retiring the old "semiofficial" homepage, which never got the attention from me it needed.

The old link redirects, the old content is at

http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/home.html

I hope you don't get rid of everything, because I think it's good to be able to download all of the old versions of bB. The average user wouldn't (and shouldn't) need anything besides the latest version, but some users (let's call them "batari Basic archaeologists"! :)) might want to check out each of the older versions-- 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.35, 0.99a, 0.99b, and 0.99c-- including looking at their source files, to see how bB has changed and grown from 0.1 to 1.0 and beyond.

That would be... atari2600land, of course! (Also known as Chris Read. :))

I have a thing or two I wouldn't mind seeing there... it looks like that site is what I intended to do at http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/home.html -- actually would you consider putting in screenshots? I think it would make the whole thing a lot more fun...

Michael

Edited by SeaGtGruff

There is a link to the latest version on the download page:

http://bataribasic.com/download.html

Duh! I'm glad it wasn't a snake or I'd be dead by now. It helps to actually read the content on the official site. Thanks.

BTW, does anyone regularly use the IDE made by Atarius Maximus?

I forgot all about it. Thanks for mentioning it. Maybe he will update it and update the editors.

BTW, does anyone regularly use the IDE made by Atarius Maximus?

I haven't used it very much, because I normally use Crimson Editor with bB and DASM. (But to be honest, I feel like I should be using Multi-Edit instead, since I paid for it, and I go out of my way to keep it upgraded to the latest version.) The bBEditor that Atarius Maximus wrote does have some cool features, but it lacks two things that would make it much more useful-- (1) the ability to invoke the compile batch to compile bB programs from inside the editor, and (2) the ability to invoke an emulator to run the bB program after it's compiled. It should be fairly easy to add those features, but I don't know if Atarius Maximus is still maintaining his bBEditor.

Michael

I tried it with Dbatari compiler in dos and that works

I tried it IDE and that gave me the 0 k file.

also when I run the complie(under 2600 ide) I get the supercharger load screen then it give can't find load 00.

at first Ithought it was the z26 but it wasn't unless that what z26 does witha 0k file.

EDIt:

just to confirm the new complier for bateri basic does work, just doesn't work with 2600 ide.

if any of you have goten working with 2600ide let me know.(doesn't really matter for me I can do in dos anyways)

love the two new samples in the release zombie chase is pretty cool(sort of like deathrace 2000) and the draw program is also cool

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Good news for all involved! What are the new features in this version of the compiler? To be honest, I haven't really been keeping up with it in the past year.

JR

The README.txt file lists changes for each version since bB 0.1, though probably not all of them. The "online manual" at Random Terrain's website details these changes.

Probably the most important changes from 0.99c are the multisprite kernel is now up to snuff, Superchip RAM is supported and the playfield (and thus the screen size) are no longer static. And HUDs show lots of promise.

As for 2600IDE, I got it working here the other night. It also made 0kb files for me until I copied the 2600bas.bat to 2600baside.bat and set the environment variables and path.

Good news for all involved! What are the new features in this version of the compiler? To be honest, I haven't really been keeping up with it in the past year.

JR

The README.txt file lists changes for each version since bB 0.1, though probably not all of them. The "online manual" at Random Terrain's website details these changes.

Probably the most important changes from 0.99c are the multisprite kernel is now up to snuff, Superchip RAM is supported and the playfield (and thus the screen size) are no longer static. And HUDs show lots of promise.

As for 2600IDE, I got it working here the other night. It also made 0kb files for me until I copied the 2600bas.bat to 2600baside.bat and set the environment variables and path.

I found a way around that: I run the 2600bas.bat file in dos and I use ide to write and save the program

and run the bin when it's complied.

so far no major problems

( I got tired kept typing the variables soI just put the commnads in a small batch file I run that before I run

2600bas)

I know you hacked and modified the first few (and so far the only) sessions of my tutorial for the 1.0 release, but I intend to go back and rewrite/expand them at some point in the future-- e.g., to make the 2600IDE installation instructions compatible with version 1.0, add information about bBEditor and various IDEs, etc. Of course, my highest priority should be to continue where I'd left off! :)

Michael

Hey, who here does

http://www.atari2600land.com/basic/index.html ?

Hi! I just noticed this page being up today. I'm going to download the latest Batari Basic version and play with it a little. As for the site, sure, I'll put some screenshots in.