IGNORED

2600 Rom Comparisions and Dumps

Omegamatrix

• 1 month later...

Any info on the other two?

Haunted House and Yars' Revenge protos are not in V7 collection. A simple file compare with the NTSC releases shows differences in almost all the addresses, which means that there are changes that cause a lot of code-shifting between the 2 versions.

A disassembly is needed to know exactly what has been changed.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this is something I wanted to know for a very long time now.

Attached ROMs are [a]lternate versions of officially released ROMs, but it's not clear to me what exactly is the difference with the original version (marked with a ~ in my collection).

If someone could find this out for me, I would be a happy person.

These are the last alternates I'm uncertain of.

Alternate ROMs.zip

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is something I wanted to know for a very long time now.

Attached ROMs are [a]lternate versions of officially released ROMs, but it's not clear to me what exactly is the difference with the original version (marked with a ~ in my collection).

If someone could find this out for me, I would be a happy person.

These are the last alternates I'm uncertain of.

Alternate ROMs.zip

Anyone?

8)

• 1 month later...

Came across an interesting rom called Spy Vs Spy. It is on a 4 in 1 compilation by Bit Corp. It is a hack of Chopper Command and I have added it if anyone is interested ;)

Spy vs. Spy (PAL) p1!.a26

I have also added a rom called Kwibble which is suppossed to be a prototype of Quickstep (according to website I got it off) and the rom for Cosmic Avenger, again found on a 4 in 1 Bitcorp compilation which is just Star Master by Activision.

Kwibble.A26

Cosmic Avenger (PAL) p1!.a26

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever checked the rom data of Hole Hunter? I am curious to know if there is any Activision programing in it purely because the sunset in the background reminds me of the Activison sunset and couple of people I know think it may have been a long lost Activison prototype. Any one any ideas? ;)

Has anyone ever checked the rom data of Hole Hunter? I am curious to know if there is any Activision programing in it purely because the sunset in the background reminds me of the Activison sunset and couple of people I know think it may have been a long lost Activison prototype. Any one any ideas? ;)

I'm guessing whoever wrote it simple 'borrowed' some Activision graphics. I doubt it was an official Activision product.

Funny.

I don't think Mole Hunter has anything to do with Activision.

Motocross however, always reminded me a bit too much of Enduro.

Silly thoughts ofcourse, but I always found Motocross too polished for a Taiwanese product:

http://www.atarimani...ross_16420.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Funny.

I don't think Mole Hunter has something to do with Activision.

Motocross however, always reminded me too much of Enduro.

Silly thoughts ofcourse, but I always found Motocross too polished for a Taiwanese product:

http://www.atarimani...ross_16420.html

8)

I've had similar thoughts about Motocross, the score/meter/flags at the bottom also look very Activision like.

It would be cool to see what David Crane has to say about it. I really think it could be his unreleased "motorcycle game" mentioned in the rumor mill section of AtariProtos.

The information on Digitpress seems to completely contradict this hypothesis though:

http://guide.digitpress.com:8080/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=24744

http://guide.digitpress.com:8080/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=24745