IGNORED

Combat DX: Battlefield Design Contest

Dragnerok X

I still have a few sprite-related difficulties left to work out with SeaGtGruff.

Did you get my PM with the corrected version? I posted it tonight, and then when I went to read the forums I got the message about the new forum software being installed, so I wasn't sure if you got a notice that I'd sent you the PM.

Michael

Where's your inital cave design? Are'nt you keeping it? It seemed to be the only natural looking one of all that were even submmitted. It had different and unique opposite sides left and right and top to bottom which I liked.

Edited by espire8

Where's your inital cave design? Are'nt you keeping it? It seemed to be the only natural looking one of all that were even submmitted. It had different and unique opposite sides left and right and top to bottom which I liked. most of the other mazes are cool, but a couple are just plain silly. C'mon, this is Combat DX, what's pac man and ghosts got to do? Yeah it's funny and cute and also unrealistic and unimaginative. I know this is a contest and anyone can submit whatever but hav'ent I already seen stuff like that in Indy 500 DX contest? and don't you have enough stylized mazes already? i mean you can do as you like and I'm sorry for being blunt, but I'm just gonna be honest:

I'm not good at designing tank playfields but I know what I like when I see it and I'm sure you do too, but IMO, right now you have a nice game with a couple of tacky mazes and you need to put back your cave design and include other random style type mazes in there like it to balance it out.

Yes, I definetly see what you're saying. I think we should stop producing symmetrical levels; keeping the previously produced levels, however, as not to stir up too much with the level designers. My new "view" of levels comes to that of something similar to my initial "cave" level. Let's call these "environmental" levels from now on.

Here's just a generalized idea of what I'm saying by "environmental".

*Asymmetrical levels with natural landscape-like design

*(Optionally) depth can used to protray cliffs, fields, valleys, etc.

*Think "Nature" and possible ground/rock based themes around that.

*Concepts brought about earlier are free to be used, in sensible quantities, of course.

Examples:

XX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XXXX..
  XX.XXXXX.........XXX........XXX.
  X....XXX..XXXXX..XX..........XX.
  XXX..XXX......X..............XX.
  X....XXXXXXX..XXXXX..........XX.
  X................XXX........XXX.
  XXXXXXXXXX.......XXXX......XXXX.
  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..
  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....

..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.....
  .X.........................X....
  X..........XXXXXXXX.....XXXX....
  X.........XXXXXXXXXX.....XX.....
  X........XX........X.....X......
  X........X.....................X
  X.........XXXX..............XXX.
  X.............X......XXXXXXX....
  X.......XXXXXXX.....X...........
  XXXXXXXXXXXXXX..................
  .XXXXXXXXX......................

(Possibly) More to come...

Edited by Dragnerok X

I think the offence to bomberpunk was more from my comment, so let me just address I was refering to the missing level and over abundance of the same type of designs as well as a couple lacking originality in the last build that was posted. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone. I really like all the original levels people came up with so far though it does need more non-symmetrical design submmitions unless it's something really innovative.

I can be objective with my own design but I don't think I can come close to what's been done already, but I really hope to see some really great designs from everyone else with the new goal in place. Thanks dragnerok.

P.S.I especialy like the second example you edited into your earlier post, you gotta include that one, it looks great!

Edited by espire8

Btw dragnerok, I really like all the original levels people came up with so far though it does need more non-symmetrical design submmitions unless it's something really innovative, but if you gotta remove any levels to add others I recommend first anything unoriginal like the ghost and pac-a-poo (can't stand that one) as I hate to see any of the other original designs get axed while either of these two remain. No offense to you bomberpunk; but judging from your earlier efforts I know you're much more capable of coming up with better designs than that. Just my opinon.

Yes, I've liked most of them; I guess it would be a fair trade off to keep what we have now, yet try to go with this new concept of mine. As for the originality confliction you mentioned earlier I don't think that the two levels are that bad. If anything, (like I said before) I like the design of the 200 points level. If anything were to go it would be "pac-a-poo", but it doesn't seem too terribly bad as a level, so let's move on. Bomberpunk, if you're still reading this "the war is over", so to speak. Espire8 and I both are completely fine with you developing future levels. In fact, I'd be thrilled to see what you can come up with in these new boundries. Feel free to join us whenever you are ready.

As for you Espire8, I would also like to see what you can do. I loved the new explosion design you have given me, along with many of your Midevil-Mayhem related works. I would have used the tank sprite you have come up with earlier but it just didn't seem to "flow" quite right. Perhaps an animated design would work. I'm always open for suggestions.

Everyone else, keep the levels coming! I would like to see what can be done with this idea of mine and still I have plenty more room for expansion.

:)

Yes, I've liked most of them; I guess it would be a fair trade off to keep what we have now, yet try to go with this new concept of mine. As for the originality confliction you mentioned earlier I don't think that the two levels are that bad. If anything, (like I said before) I like the design of the 200 points level.
I don't remember where you said that before, maybe it was edited before I saw it but that's alright. perhaps designers should be able submit what ever they feel with concideration to what's already been done and what type of design you're more intent upon. I was never concerned over what's being submmited, I was just ranting over what was implemented and missing in the last build you posted.

I also re-read my post and realized I was being too opinionated about what should be included. I'm sorry if I were imposing myself too much, I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to suppress any creativity here. I think it's just better for designers to understand that possiblly, depending on how much space is left, not all submitions may be used (same rule applies to me) and if that were the case the best way to have a design make it in the final build is to look for that empty nitch that has'nt been filled yet and fill it. Maybe exsisting designs can be a starting point to develop new designs -not in place of but rather to include next to. (ie: converting previously submitted symmetrical designs into additional non-symmetrical levels). Don't know if other designers would object to that but if it looks different enough :ponder: , anyway I'll see what design I can dish up. Maybe perhaps include some levels as easter eggs that can be accessed only when unlocked? just an idea.

As for the originality issue, (hope I'm not warring with anyone), I won't be overrulely as I were earlier and I'd really like to see more of what bomberpunk can come up with too.

I would have used the tank sprite you have come up with earlier but it just didn't seem to "flow" quite right. Perhaps an animated design would work. I'm always open for suggestions.

The tank example was just my way of suggesting a different look to the original combat tanks, as I know not every programmer are artists so I thought i'd be silly to just say "How bout' a new look for the tanks dude!" :D But I should'nt say it's alot harder to do than playfields (depends on drawing skills) it's just more steps invovled in the process which I'm used to. I'll do an animated sample using the same images, should'nt take too long.

I don't remember where you said that before, maybe it was edited before I saw it but that's alright. perhaps designers should be able submit what ever they feel with concideration to what's already been done and what type of design you're more intent upon. I was never concerned over what's being submmited, I was just ranting over what was implemented and missing in the last build you posted.

I also re-read my post and realized I was being too opinionated about what should be included. I'm sorry if I were imposing myself too much, I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to suppress any creativity here. I think it's just better for designers to understand that possiblly, depending on how much space is left, not all submitions may be used (same rule applies to me) and if that were the case the best way to have a design make it in the final build is to look for that empty nitch that has'nt been filled yet and fill it.

Just looking back, it was all the way back on post #32, second page, but this isn't a court room, is it? ;)

On topic, I still stand firm about my decision. If at one point (before your comments) I liked a level, for one reason or another, why not keep it? It couldn't be that bad, but yes... believe it or not I was somewhat "filtering" submissions, but I chose what I liked and I liked most everything and I have a 30+ level bank (4k) to fill so I could have been considered somewhat lenient.

So really I guess let's just stop talking and fill this niche you reference. I still have over a half of a bank open for use and I have been dying (...and patiently waiting :ponder:) to see what people can come up with. If you have yet to submit something, here's your chance. Let's fill this bank! :)

...and as always, I can provide more examples if necessary ;)

The tank example was just my way of suggesting a different look to the original combat tanks, as I know not every programmer are artists so I thought i'd be silly to just say "How bout' a new look for the tanks dude!" :D But I should'nt say it's alot harder to do than playfields (depends on drawing skills) it's just more steps invovled in the process which I'm used to. I'll do an animated sample using the same images, should'nt take too long.

Good; I can't wait. :D

Edited by Dragnerok X

Oh no, I was correcting myself when I said "..designers should submit what ever they feel.." because of the earlier comment I made which was uncalled for.

Now listen folks, this is not the planet maze-on or pac-land or adventure what have you; and I believe Combat DX deserves a little more integrity than that.
That line was way too personal and should only apply to me. I should have slapped and remind myself I'm not the one programming the game. It was a stupid thing for me to say.

...look for that empty nitch that has'nt been filled yet and fill it.

So really I guess let's just stop talking and fill this niche you reference....and as always, I can provide more examples if necessary ;)

I agree. Whoops.. pardon my typo.

Good; I can't wait. :D

:arrow: post-7623-1178501811.gif if the tank is too small, I can blow it up. :arrow: post-7623-1178503383.gif :lolblue:

I'll post a sample one later tonight for visualization which is easy enough for me to do, but programming it into the game is another story.

I could add the tank treads but there are 12 different tank standing positions to animate making for 24 images (that's alot of memory). Animating them requires 2 frames while the tank is moving forward and presently the program uses a single frame for forward movement.

Maybe you can animate the tank with treads only when it's in the vertical and horizonal positions and reduce the number to only 2 extra images totaling to just 14, thus less programming work for you while saving rom space. Besides, diagnal moving treads won't look right unless the tank's resolution is increased to look similar to the tron styled tank I posted back in post #12 of this thread --but that can create problems with the tank getting stuck in many of the tight playfield designs you have now. :(

EDIT: okay here's the the moving treads at 2 frames for each--

...for vertical post-7623-1178936053.gifand horizonal post-7623-1178936076.gif

..came out a little better than I thought it would. :) What says you?

Edited by espire8

I'll post a sample one later tonight for visualization which is easy enough for me to do, but programming it into the game is another story.

I could add the tank treads but there are 12 different tank standing positions to animate making for 24 images (that's alot of memory). Animating them requires 2 frames while the tank is moving forward and presently the program uses a single frame for forward movement.

Maybe you can animate the tank with treads only when it's in the vertical and horizonal positions and reduce the number to only 2 extra images totaling to just 14, thus less programming work for you while saving rom space. Besides, diagnal moving treads won't look right unless the tank's resolution is increased to look similar to the tron styled tank I posted back in post #12 of this thread --but that can create problems with the tank getting stuck in many of the tight playfield designs you have now. :( ?

I guess, it's up to you, I was just looking into this to see what could be done to "spruce up" the tank... I still have quite a bit of room (2460 bytes) left in bank 4 (where the tank graphics by themselves are stored), so space shouldn't be too much of a problem, just as long as the graphics are managed correctly. Finally, there shouldn't be a problem with playfield collision.

BTW: I'm still in dire need of some new maps, feel free to post.

EDIT: I guess that's a decent sample, mind slowing the treads down a bit and posting a few frames?

Edited by Dragnerok X

I'll see about about starting on a map to post soon as I hit on an idea. I'm also thinking of animating a diagnal tank tread sample but the tank image may need to be a little altered in resolution. Probably will use the tron style image from earlier.

Think the tanks can look like this for the job or is it better to stick with the low res version?... --> post-7623-1178939576_thumb.png

Edited by espire8

I'll see about about starting on a map to post soon as I hit on an idea. I'm also thinking of animating a diagnal tank tread sample but the tank image may need to be a little altered in resolution. Probably will use the tron style image from earlier.

Think the tanks can look like this for the job or is it better to stick with the low res version?... --> post-7623-1178939576_thumb.png

These tanks do look pretty good, and I am interested (in this current design). If it means changing the resolution to account for the tank graphics, maybe not. I'm stuck at 8x8 right now, so I can't really do that. Either way, tank treads or not, this seems likely addable. It's hard to get at exactly what I'm looking for... just try something new, who knows? Oh, and I'm also looking foward to your levels. Can't wait! :)

I notice a lack of interest/submmitions in this contest since the last build. If I'm not mistaken I count 4 people who submitted anything so far --with 80% of the designs from bomber. I guess everyone is occupied playing the recently released Adv II. :lol:

Cave Interior 1

...................XXXXXX..XXXXX
.X.XXXXXXXXXXXX......XX.....X...
XXX..XX..XX..X.......X..........
.....X....X...................X.
XX........X..................XXX
X..............X........X.....XX
X.......X......X........XX......
X...13..X..13.XXX...X....XX.....
.XX....XXX....X.XXXX.X.....XXX..
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX...X..........XXX
.............................XXX

Cave Interior 2

.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXX........
XXXXXXXX..X.......X.....XXXXXX..
....XXX...................X...XX
.03..X.........XXX.............X
XX...........XXXXXX.......X.....
XXXXXXXX......XXXX.............X
XXX....XXX..........X.........XX
XX...03..XXX...............XXXXX
.XX.............XXXX.........XXX
..XXXXX.............XX.........X
.............XXXX....XXXXXXXXXX.

Bridge Out

...XX....XX....XX....XX....XX...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXXXXXXXXXX
...............X...X............
......01..............X....09...
..............XX.....X..........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX.....XXXXX.....XXXXX.....XX
.XXX.......XXX.......XXX.......X

Cross Roads

X.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..
XXXX...03..XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......
XXXXXXX.......XXXXXX..........XX
...XXXXXX................XXXXXXX
.....................XXXXXXXXXXX
XXX..............XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX........XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....11..XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX

Forest Pass

.X...........XXX....X...X.......
.X.....X..04..X.....X...X.......
XXX....X...........XXX.XXX......
.X....XXX...........X.XXXXX.X...
.....XXXXX..............X...X...
.......X...................XXX..
...............X............X...
...X...........X................
XX.X.XXXXXX...XXX.13.....XXXXXXX
..XXX....XXXXX.X.XXXXX..........
...X............................

Dead End Tunnles

.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XX..............................
X...XXXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXX
X....XXXX................XXXX05X
XX......XXXX.............XX....X
XX..XX.................XXX....XX
....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XX
XXXXXXX......................XXX
XXXXX...XXXXXXXX...........XXXXX
XXX.......XXXXX.............09XX
...........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Underground Mountain

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX.XXXXXXXX...XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXX
XXXX..XXXXXX.....XXXXXXX.05XXXXX
.X.....XXXXX.....XXXXXX.....XXXX
........X.X.......XXX.X......XXX
.X.................X......X.....
.X......X..X.....X.......XXX...X
XXX....XX.XX.....XX...........XX
XXXX...XXXXXX...XXXX....X.....XX
XXXX..XXXXXXXX.........XXX13XXXX
XXXX............XXXXXXXXXXX.XXXX

Desert Storm

.XXXXXXXX.......................
..XXXX01....XXXXXXXX............
....XXXXX........XXXXXXXX.......
.......XX............XXXXX......
.........XXX.............XXXX...
...........XX..............XXX..
.......X........................
.....XX.............X........XXX
...XX..............X01..........
....XXXXXXXXXXX.....XXXXXXXX....
......................XXXX......

Creater Arena

.............XXXXXX.............
......XXX............XXX......
...XXX...................XX.....
.XXXXX..................XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX..............XXXXXXX...
..XXXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXXXX........
.......XXXXXXX..............XXXX
XXXXXXXXX.........XXXXXX...XXX..
.XXXXXXX.....XXXXXXXXX..........
...........XXXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX................

Cliff's Edge

...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
...X01.......................XX.
...XX..................XXX...09X
...XXXXXXXXXX......XXXX......XXX
.XXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXX.........XXX
X.........XX...X.........XXXXXXX
X.............XX...........XXXXX
X.....XX....XXX.X............XXX
XX,....XXXXXXXX.XXXX........XXXX
XXX.....XXXXXX...XXXXX........X.
..................XXX...........

Edited by espire8

I notice a lack of interest/submmitions in this contest since the last build. If I'm not mistaken I count 4 people who submitted anything so far --with 80% of the designs from bomber. I guess everyone is occupied playing the recently released Adv II. :lol:

Cave Interior 1

...................XXXXXX..XXXXX
.X.XXXXXXXXXXXX......XX.....X...
XXX..XX..XX..X.......X..........
.....X....X...................X.
XX........X..................XXX
X..............X........X.....XX
X.......X......X........XX......
X...13..X..13.XXX...X....XX.....
.XX....XXX....X.XXXX.X.....XXX..
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX...X..........XXX
.............................XXX

Cave Interior 2

.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXX........
XXXXXXXX..X.......X.....XXXXXX..
....XXX...................X...XX
.03..X.........XXX.............X
XX...........XXXXXX.......X.....
XXXXXXXX......XXXX.............X
XXX....XXX..........X.........XX
XX...03..XXX...............XXXXX
.XX.............XXXX.........XXX
..XXXXX.............XX.........X
.............XXXX....XXXXXXXXXX.

Bridge Out

...XX....XX....XX....XX....XX...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXXXXXXXXXX
...............X...X............
......01..............X....09...
..............XX.....X..........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX.....XXXXX.....XXXXX.....XX
.XXX.......XXX.......XXX.......X

Cross Roads

X.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..
XXXX...03..XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......
XXXXXXX.......XXXXXX..........XX
...XXXXXX................XXXXXXX
.....................XXXXXXXXXXX
XXX..............XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX........XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....11..XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..........XXXX

Forest Pass

.X...........XXX....X...X.......
.X.....X..04..X.....X...X.......
XXX....X...........XXX.XXX......
.X....XXX...........X.XXXXX.X...
.....XXXXX..............X...X...
.......X...................XXX..
...............X............X...
...X...........X................
XX.X.XXXXXX...XXX.13.....XXXXXXX
..XXX....XXXXX.X.XXXXX..........
...X............................

Dead End Tunnles

.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XX..............................
X...XXXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXX
X....XXXX................XXXX05X
XX......XXXX.............XX....X
XX..XX.................XXX....XX
....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XX
XXXXXXX......................XXX
XXXXX...XXXXXXXX...........XXXXX
XXX.......XXXXX.............09XX
...........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Underground Mountain

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX.XXXXXXXX...XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXX
XXXX..XXXXXX.....XXXXXXX.05XXXXX
.X.....XXXXX.....XXXXXX.....XXXX
........X.X.......XXX.X......XXX
.X.................X......X.....
.X......X..X.....X.......XXX...X
XXX....XX.XX.....XX...........XX
XXXX...XXXXXX...XXXX....X.....XX
XXXX..XXXXXXXX.........XXX13XXXX
XXXX............XXXXXXXXXXX.XXXX

Desert Storm

.XXXXXXXX.......................
..XXXX01....XXXXXXXX............
.......XX............XXXXX......
.........XXX.............XXXX...
...........XX..............XXX..
.......X........................
.....XX.............X........XXX
...XX..............X01..........
....XXXXXXXXXXX.....XXXXXXXX....

Creater Arena

.............XXXXXX.............
.......XXXXXXX..............XXXX

Cliff's Edge

...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
...X01.......................XX.
...XX..................XXX...09X
...XXXXXXXXXX......XXXX......XXX
.XXXXXXXXXXXX...XXXX.........XXX
X.........XX...X.........XXXXXXX
X.............XX...........XXXXX
X.....XX....XXX.X............XXX
XX,....XXXXXXXX.XXXX........XXXX
XXX.....XXXXXX...XXXXX........X.
..................XXX...........

Nice work; I'll add them as soon as I can.

Yes, I definetly agree with your statement, Espire8. I mean, this is sad. Whatever happened to all of the people who submitted levels for Combat Redux? Well... I guess this will make it easier for me to write the credits. But seriously people, the fun of game's like this heavily relies on a variety of levels and how am I supposed to get said variation with a limited team of designers? I guess this post has been up long enough for people to notice and those who wanted to submit something to submit it, so here's a suggestion towards all of you who are reading this, yet not contributing. I've spent months of pain-staking work on this and thus far, have seen little result; if you want to help, yet can't contribute levels for one reason or another, show this topic to somebody, a co-worker, friend, whatever, just spread the word. To design a level, one most likely doesn't need to know much of the atari at all, just how to use a computer and a simple text editing program. Just know, I'm open, and have been waiting over a month for a follow-up here...

:(

[/rant]

Pretty cool designs!

how this topic to somebody, a co-worker, friend, whatever, just spread the word. To design a level, one most likely doesn't need to know much of the atari at all, just how to use a computer and a simple text editing program. Just know, I'm open, and have been waiting over a month for a follow-up here...

I'll see what I can do. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just checking back. I realized I forgot to place the tank positions in the Creator Arena so here it is,

Creator Arena
.......01....XXXXXX.............
.......XXXXXXX....07........XXXX

...figure I throw in a couple more designs while no one is looking...

Sitting Duck
XXX.XX........XX.............XXX
....X...X............XXXXXXXX..X
.....X........................X.
...........X.........XXXXX......
.XXXXX.XX.X..X...............XX.
............X.XXXXX.XX..........
XX.01.X.07...............XXX....
..X..XX..XX...XXXXXXX...XX....XX
......................X.....XXX.
..XXX..XXX.XXX.......X...XXXX...

Narrow Strip
.XXXXXXXX.XXXXXX................
......01........XXXX............
.......XXX.........07XXXXX......
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX......XXXXXX..XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX...........XXX........XXX
XXXXX..............X...........X
XXX................X..........XX
......................XXXX.XXXXX

Sitting Duck is an experiment design where there's a single tight spots that if a spawning tank reappeared in will be trapped and can only turn and aim from small openings in the almost enclosed space while the other tank is free to move around the trapped tank.

Edited by espire8

I'm interested, I just don't know if my level idea is even mathmatically possible. I'm trying to design a map that's broken up into "forts", for lack of a better word, that offer both precision shooting possibilities (multiple walls with one block of empty space shared, to allow a classic cowboy duck, then fire shoot out) on three sides, and a Rambo style all or nothing - one side being left wide open, with a slight tunnel leading to it.

There would be ruins in between them, with barely any cover at all, just enough to force quick turns.

The idea is you'd have guess what your opponent is trying to do - playing aggressive, lying in wait - if you miss, you might leave yourself pointing in the wrong direction...and since there's no place where you're completely safe on the board, even a respawn causes suspense. You could wind up with two players in the same enclosed space.

So, roughly, something like a U or an open C shape, with the side holes being non-parallel - one closer to the top, and one to the bottom, so that there's always another window close by...

But like I said, I have no idea if I can even pull it off. Or whether it's even worth pulling off.

Have I mentioned I nearly flunked Math?

Any help would be welcomed.

Edited by A Sprite

Sorry everyone. It looks like I must redo most of my playfields. After play testing the latest demo I realize the tank can't move through the narrow edges at the top and bottom parts of the screen in most of my designs; and the tank can get stuck when trying. :(

I'll look at them again later and see what changes I need to make.