IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 2 Qix

Atari5200

The game is Qix. Get the high score!!!

Rules: emu is ok, any controller ok. At least default difficulty should be used, no easier.

As always, please screen shot if you can, no big deal if you cannot.

Have fun!!! COMPETITION ENDS 5/05/2007

LEADERBOARD updated: 4/24/2007 8:33am est.

1. LordHelmet: 347313

2. Cafeman: 215,920

3. 82Atari5200: 212518

4.. BydoEmpire: 109327

5. Shawn Sr.: 109100

6. Gabriel: 93495

7. Atari5200: 42900

Edited by Atari5200

347,313 :)

I call shenanigans. Your timer bar hasn't moved making me think you were playing it on Novice. :ponder:

Errr. I died immediately at the beginning of the level...I'll try for a better score and get a whole screen tonight. You can remove my score if you want :) I don't want anyone to think I'm some kind of cheater.

Edited by Lord Helmet

please..it's all part of the trashin n bashin that is the 5200 HSC, if you can't handle skilled, it's ok, us real men will be playing skilled. lol (coming from the guy that submitted his score on Centepede on easy)

but still, i truely suck something awful at this game, highest game so far is less than 30,000. Once I get over 30,000 i will post a score.

Ok...I grabbed atari800win here at work...

Took me a little bit since its harder to play with the keyboard.

post-5880-1177426356_thumb.png

You can play forever and get around 100,000 points. Its all about getting a really good multiplier then trapping the qix. Its all about the bonus points. The game gets to damn hard if you try and corner the qix every time.

Edited by Lord Helmet

I'm not great by any means, but what I try to do is build small, individual boxes to form "walls." Then close the wall with the 2 (slow movement) button for a big, filled-in section of higher points. And on the early, easy stages try as hard as you can to get a high percent filled. If you can fill 80% on the first round, that's 15,000 points in one shot. In the first round of two Qix it's pretty easy to separate them and get double points. I can usually build a wall right up the middle.

I haven't been able to do the "trapping" the Qix trick, but other than that I'm curious what other strategies people use. Over the course of ten or so games I definitely found myself getting better and better.

yes i found myself getting better, i was able to split the qix twice in a row for 3x points, but still can't get over 50,000 points. I also find the stock controller hard for this, especially when doing the small boxes, sometimes the thing gets stuck and the spark that forms when you try to go back over a line you just created usually kills me.

I'm not great by any means, but what I try to do is build small, individual boxes to form "walls." Then close the wall with the 2 (slow movement) button for a big, filled-in section of higher points. And on the early, easy stages try as hard as you can to get a high percent filled. If you can fill 80% on the first round, that's 15,000 points in one shot. In the first round of two Qix it's pretty easy to separate them and get double points. I can usually build a wall right up the middle.

I haven't been able to do the "trapping" the Qix trick, but other than that I'm curious what other strategies people use. Over the course of ten or so games I definitely found myself getting better and better.

Thats actually what I try to do.

First I do this (leving a little open near the top so you can complete it later:

post-5880-1177615906_thumb.png

Now close them in (if they don't cooperate by going to the same side, just split 'em and take the bonus multiplier)"

post-5880-1177616032_thumb.png

post-5880-1177616236_thumb.png

Edited by Lord Helmet

I'm sick this weekend, and on meds, but I told myself I'd put forth the effort to play Qix.

93,495. Really sucky score, hopefully I'll feel better during the week and be able to give it another shot. I know I can do better. I used to be able to get 200K in my sleep on the highest difficulty.