IGNORED

RainbowVision 014 and 018?

Alex

We just fleshed our our RainbowVision entry, and we're only missing these scans:

Bi! Bi!

Galactic

Mariana

Space Raid

Super Ferrari

Year 1999, The

Can anyone provide scans for these titles?

Also, going by their part numbers, there may be two or more games by RainbowVision we are missing - SS-014 and SS-018. I can't find reference to them anywhere. Does anyone know if these numbers were indeed used?

RainbowVision sorted by part number

I have Mariana, Space Raid, Super Ferrari and The Year 1999. I'll scan them for you after work.

I gather the preferred format is 200DPI lossless and scanning both labels?

Great! Yes, that sounds fine. You can send them to my email address.

alex,

i have them all but they are in california...  i'm sure marco has all of these!!  

#014 and #018 i'm sure they used them!! just waiting for someone to auction one off!  :)  

Rick

Well, I'll be keeping an eye out for those too. But I just want the scans. :)

BTW Rick, do you have Dragon Defender, or have you seen it often? I haven't seen it anywhere else, it seems to be one of the rarer Rainbow Vision titles.

Alex, there are some other Rainbowvision titles that are missing from your list.

The only one I have that is missing is Ski Run (SS 024), but I remember somebody posted a list of all the Rainbowvision games they knew of a while back (might have been Marco or Rick) and there were some that weren't on the list.

By the way, its great to see the Australian section growing.

NOTE TO CROPSY

If you are interested in trading any of your Rainbowvision or other games then please email me - I have doubles of Mariana, Pac Kong, The Year 1999, Hey Stop!, Pyramid War, Space Raid & Bermuda.

mitchell

Some of these games I seem to remember reading about and they were renamed games from the states. For example Boom Bang was Crackpots and Super Ferrari was Enduro. The only actual game I have is Tom Boy which is Pitfall but I don't recall who made it. The version I have is Pitfall! but has altered graphics.

A few questions:

Are all these games just hacked versions of other games?

Are there any original games in the lot?

If they are all hacked games can someone list their counterpart?

Yes, but these games are diffrent.

Other grafik.

Hey! Stop! is the same gameplay as Keystone Kapers. But you are a robot, and the grafik look not so good.

Space Raid is the same gameplay as Megamania. But the ship and all other things look diffrent.

Here the 4 scans from Bi! Bi! & Space Raid:

Bi! Bi! & Space Raid Scans

PS: Someone now the japanese anime tv series Captain Future? The labele from Space Raid the ship in the back is the Comet (I think). :D :)

heres a title for rainbowvision game that doesnt have a number  

King Author

maybe that is one not located game that would fill either 014 or 018  i hope it helps thanks

I know only King Arthur, but I don't think that this is a RainbowVision game. This is a Quelle game and came in 3 diffrent variations. As you can see on my Dragonfire Website:

My Dragonfire Variations

Yes, but these games are diffrent.

Other grafik.

Hey! Stop! is the same gameplay as Keystone Kapers. But you are a robot, and the grafik look not so good.

Space Raid is the same gameplay as Megamania. But the ship and all other things look diffrent.

Here the 4 scans from Bi! Bi! & Space Raid:

Bi! Bi! & Space Raid Scans

PS: Someone now the japanese anime tv series Captain Future? The labele from Space Raid the ship in the back is the Comet (I think).  :D  :)

Thanks Matthias! Between you and Cropsy, I only need Galactic to fill out our current list.

heres a title for rainbowvision game that doesnt have a number  

King Author

maybe that is one not located game that would fill either 014 or 018  i hope it helps thanks

Like Matthias said, I don't think that's correct. It's listed on Tim's Australian game page, but there is no scan and several people have told me it's incorrect.

this is the list of ranbowvision games that Me and Marco have been working on:

SS-001    Time Race

SS-002    Galactic

SS-003    Pac-Kong   aka King Kong

SS-004    Pyramid War

SS-005    Tomboy   aka Pitfall!

SS-006    Netmaker    aka Amidar

SS-007    Space Raid   

SS-008    The Year 1999

SS-009    Bermuda

SS-010    Mafia

SS-011    Super Ferrari

SS-012  Hey! Stop! aka Keystone Kapers

SS-013    Bi! Bi! aka Sea Hunt

SS-014    ???

SS-015 Catch Time aka Plaque Attack

SS-016    Boom Bang aka Crackpots

SS-017    Mariana   aka Seaquest

SS-018    ???

SS-019    Curtiss  aka Atlantis

SS-020    Tuby Bird  aka Dolphin

SS-021    Dragon Defender

SS-022    Motocross

SS-023    Mole Hunter

SS-024    Ski Run

SS-025    ???

SS-026    ???

SS-027    ???

SS-028    ???

SS-029    Asteroid Belt

SS-030    ???

SS-031    UFO Patrol

SS-032    Walker

SS-033    I.Q. MEMORY TEASER

SS-034    ???

SS-035    Panda Quest

SS-036    Criminal Persuit

Take care,

Rick

Alex, there are some other Rainbowvision titles that are missing from your list.

The only one I have that is missing is Ski Run (SS 024), but I remember somebody posted a list of all the Rainbowvision games they knew of a while back (might have been Marco or Rick) and there were some that weren't on the list.

By the way, its great to see the Australian section growing.

Thanks for the info. You knew it was coming - can we get a scan of Ski Run? :D

I remember that thread, but I can't for the life of me find it. I should have printed it out, grrrrr.

Yes, the Australian stuff is finally coming along. I know we're still missing a lot (we are adding slowly as we verify titles), but if you ever see anything that we have that is incorrect, please let us know. :)

And just as I say I can't find it, there's Rick. Thanks!

Well, if anyone can provide a scan of SS-002, or SS-022 and above, we would be grateful.

:) no problem!!! :)

i'm sure marco has these games you need scans of! if not, i can get them for you next month ;(

Take care,

Rick

this is the list of ranbowvision games that Me and Marco have been working on:

SS-001    Time Race

SS-036    Criminal Persuit

Take care,

Rick

To complete the list a bit with names.

SS-007 Space Raid aka Megamania

I am 100% sure. I have both. :D :)

and these must be

SS-009 Bermuda aka River Raid

SS-011 Super Ferrari aka Enduro

SS-022 Motocross aka Motocross (not sure)

SS-024 Ski Run aka Ski Hunt (not sure) (german: Winterjagd)

And by others I know only german names, but I think they are not the officials too.

SS-021 Dragon Defender (Im Schutz der Drachen)

SS-032 Walker (Schussel, der Polizistenschreck)

SS-035 Panda Quest (Der hungrige Panda)

SS-036 Criminal Persuit (Eddy Langfinger der Museumsdieb)

:)

i'm sure marco has these games you need scans of!  if not, i can get them for you next month

I have them indeed, but all that stuff is stuffed away in my basement at the moment, in dozens of boxes waiting to be transported to my new house... some day in the months to come. I wouldn't know where to start looking... sorry guys! It'll be better by the end of they year, I hope, when we live in our new house, with my own dedicated videogame room :)

Cheers,

Marco

To Rick & weaselbrains:

Are you sure Ski Run and the others really are Rainbow-Vision games?

I ask, because Al Backiel, noted collector, only lists through 20 or 21 (in an article I've been meaning to print in 2600 Connection for some time, eh heh), similar to the page that was recently posted. Al thought sure that Dragon Defender cart was just a Quelle cart, not a RV cart...

Also, note that the "SS" number is present on many Quelle carts -- and if you read 26C you might remember the "StarSoft Nicht Existierent" article that proposes that the "SS" probably stands for "Suntek Software". I might wager that RV games are just boxed up Suntek carts, same as Quelle in Europe. What this means is that to call it an RV cart, you need to have the box or docs with the cart to prove that it was sold under the RV brand. Of course, if there weren't any other brands in Aus that used the same carts, then most/all "SS" carts found there are probably RV, but it can't be proved without the box or docs, you know?

To Rick & weaselbrains:

Are you sure Ski Run and the others really are Rainbow-Vision games?

I ask, because Al Backiel, noted collector, only lists through 20 or 21 (in an article I've been meaning to print in 2600 Connection for some time, eh heh), similar to the page that was recently posted.  Al thought sure that Dragon Defender cart was just a Quelle cart, not a RV cart...

Also, note that the "SS" number is present on many Quelle carts -- and if you read 26C you might remember the "StarSoft Nicht Existierent" article that proposes that the "SS" probably stands for "Suntek Software".  I might wager that RV games are just boxed up Suntek carts, same as Quelle in Europe.  What this means is that to call it an RV cart, you need to have the box or docs with the cart to prove that it was sold under the RV brand.  Of course, if there weren't any other brands in Aus that used the same carts, then most/all "SS" carts found there are probably RV, but it can't be proved without the box or docs, you know?

The Dragon Defender cart here on AtariAge look like all other Rainbow Vision games. And the Quelle games have no SS number. They have only sometimes at the backsite from the case S.S. , but no number. So I think the Dragon Defender cart is a real Rainbow Vision Cart. :roll: